Should Ginsburg Retire?

Who is "concerned"? The article doesn't say. However it does say, "The Hill reported that the late Chief Justice William Rehnquist missed oral arguments in 44 cases during his own cancer treatment, and still managed to write for the majority in four of them."

What kind of cancer treatments?
Removing a tumor is far easier than chemo.
I know first hand.

If she was in good health they would be parading her around for the cameras.
They're hiding her. There's a reason for that.
My guess.... She's deteriorating quickly.

Jo

Yep...
They cut off a chunk of one of my kidneys and I was up and about in a few days.
While I was only 50 at the time I cant imagine she'd need more than a couple of weeks.
And I was was left with a six inch scar which of course means my surgery was far more invasive.
Hell,I was climbing stairs two days after my hip replacement. And I went home after my back surgery the next day.

I know she's old but come on!

I betting on stroke ...
Don't get me wrong I don't wish her harm.
The Democrats are the ones harming her.

Jo

She is going to find the strength to live past 2020 just to spite you fucking vultures wishing her dead..

Supreme Court gives no indication when Ruth Bader Ginsburg might return

It's been going on nearly a year with RBG's illness. Now she has vacated her seat where Supreme Court judges have been waiting for oral arguments. But the leftist leaning democrat is ill and unfit. Now she is apparently working from home? What a joke. If Trump drinks a Coke instead of Diet Coke the Fake News/democrats will call out the 25th amendment. She must step down to replace her seat for being empty going on a month.

Izzat right.

WTF happened with the empty seat left by Scalia, if empty seats are so all-fired important?

Oh wait, I remember. The POTUS nominated a replacement, guy named Garland. And nobody moved.

So much for the crisis of empty seats.

/thread

tumblr_pl3bxkyqYE1wqmeyf_540.jpg

Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments for the 1st time

"Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Ginsburg had two earlier cancer surgeries in 1999 and 2009 that did not cause her to miss court sessions. She also has broken ribs on at least two occasions.

Her latest surgery was a procedure called a pulmonary lobectomy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. The court said in a release issued the day of the surgery that doctors found “no evidence of any remaining disease” and scans taken before the surgery showed no cancerous growths elsewhere in her body. No additional treatment is currently planned, the court said."

Ginsburg rebuffed suggestions from some liberals that she should step down in the first two years of President Barack Obama’s second term, when Democrats controlled the Senate and would have been likely to confirm her successor.

She already has hired clerks for the term that extends into 2020, indicating she has no plans to retire.

If she did step down, President Donald Trump would have another opportunity to move a conservative court even more to the right. On the day she had surgery, Trump tweeted his wishes for Ginsburg’s “full and speedy recovery!”

Democrats continue to hold their breath and keep their fingers crossed in hopes Ginsburg can make it through until 2020 and that the Democrats win the WH...

Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments for the 1st time

Are you stupid?

She missed a day of work fro the first time in 25 years! I bet you have missed way more days of work than that in 25 years.
That's just it.... You just said it all... Missed for the first time in 25 years.....think.

Jo

I think she already is.....well....how can I put it........half retired?

85, poor health, she really needs to retire before she's carried out by a mortician.

After an ailing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg missed oral arguments, the Trump team began early groundwork for another potential confirmation battle.

By ELIANA JOHNSON and GABBY ORR

01/10/2019 01:04 PM EST

The White House is reaching out to political allies and conservative activistgroups to prepare for an ailing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s possible death or departure from the Supreme Court — an event that would trigger the second bitter confirmation battle of President Donald Trump’s tenure.

Trump White House urging allies to prepare for possible RBG departure

Do we really need a new Ginsburg thread every day?
Her health is one of the most important issues of the day. If the President is able to appoint a conservative justice to replace on of the most liberal justices on the court, it will change America for decades to come.

Her health is one of the most important issues of the day. If the President is able to appoint a conservative justice to replace on of the most liberal justices on the court, it will change America for decades to come.

and I have merged at least 4 threads on this topic.

no need for a new one every day.

I do agree that we have far too many similar threads on her. One would hope the Mods will consolidate them.

and I have merged at least 4 threads on this topic.

no need for a new one every day.
I understand, but if you post to a long thread, your post may remain buried, and if you think you have news that everyone should see, you might want to start a new thread so that it will be more widely noticed.

85, poor health, she really needs to retire before she's carried out by a mortician.

After an ailing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg missed oral arguments, the Trump team began early groundwork for another potential confirmation battle.

The White House is reaching out to political allies and conservative activistgroups to prepare for an ailing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s possible death or departure from the Supreme Court — an event that would trigger the second bitter confirmation battle of President Donald Trump’s tenure.

Over her dead body. She isn't going to give up her day job.
She will wait until a democrat is elected president.

She won’t retire as long as she is breathing and Trump is in office. Guaranteed!

Forum List

Back