Should Obama thank the right for how well he was treated?

This post is completely fucking insane. There is no equivalent to how terribly Obama has been treated. He has faced more filibusters than any president. He can't even pass legislation that originated on the Right because any Republican politician whose name appears on a bill signed by Obama - even if it's tax cuts - will be removed in the next election.

Again: Republican politicians were literally forbidden from having their name appear on anything Obama signed, including legislation that would traditionally receive Republican support. The Right declared that Obama must NEVER get anything passed. The goal was to destroy the president no matter what he did.

If the Left does not return the favor during the next Republican Presidency, than they are weak and should disband their party.
Revenge will never get you anywhere. Can't you humans ever learn?

Now that it's almost over I'm glad Barry was such a dickhead.
Now we have Cart Blanche to return the favor...in spades. Pun intended...
Revenge never gets you anywhere.

Barry spent both terms doing just that for perceived wrongs.
Pay backs are a bitch.
Yes, pay backs are a bitch. SO STOP. It's like the cycle of violence, insanity, reapeating the same things and expecting different results.

It's really not payback so much as righting a wrong,or should I say multiple wrongs.

When Obama got elected, my boss said "I wish him well." My boss was a middle-aged, wealthy, attorney who lived in Orange County, and a woman. I don't know if she voted for Obama, but even if she didn't, she wished him well and so did a lot of other people. And the reason for that is because he was our first black President, and people wanted to see him succeed (except for Rush Limbaugh).

Obama took all that good will, and flushed it down the toilet three days into his Presidency. He invited Democrats and Republicans to meet with him and discuss the upcoming stimulus bill. Some Republican put forth some modest ideas, and Obama shot them down, saying "Elections have consequences," and "I won."

After that, Obama got zero cooperation from Republicans on any of his ideas. He made no attempts to reconcile with Republicans, but instead pushed his agenda with only Democrats voting for it. And that meant he had to make dirty deals to get a few of the more recalcitrant Democrats to vote for it.

He made things worse telling people that Republicans had to sit in the back of the bus, and saying that middle-class Americans were bitter clingers to guns and God.

He announced one day that people should not take trips to Las Vegas, which turned our recession into a depression here in my city. We have had wave after wave of foreclosures and bankruptcies and Obama and the Democrats have done nothing to turn things around. They have made sure that Wall Street investors got rich, however, while Main Street fell further and further behind.

I've noticed how nice the republican party has been to Obama over the last eight years. Do you think Obama should at least show some gratitude about it?

As much as George W. Bush and Sarah Palin should show for how they were treated.......

The most inexcusable thing that happened was the IRS targeting conservatives, Obama can claim he knew nothing but I'll never believe that. It was classic Chicago style politics

Remember when he invited Paul Ryan to a state of the Union...and then mocked him in front of everyone.....

Remember when he called out the Supreme Court at his state of the Union for their Citizen's United Decision......

No other President had done that before...

He is a petty child....

Obama said he would bring healing, but on his third day in office he burned his bridges with Republicans in Congress, saying "Elections have consequences," and "I won."

After that, he could only pass laws with ALL Democrats voting for it, since he could get no Republicans (not even Maine liberal Republican Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe) to vote for Obamacare, or the "porkulus" stimulus bill.

And when the voters realized what a disaster Obamacare, the Democrats took all the blame, and could not hide behind Republicans and say "these guys voted for it too."
Now that, my baby blues, is great revisionism. :lol:

Yes, elections have consequences, as Trump's loss in November will remind all of us.
In your marxist dreams.

Pay backs are a bitch.
Yes, pay backs are a bitch. SO STOP. It's like the cycle of violence, insanity, reapeating the same things and expecting different results.

How come Dims only demand the paybacks stop when Republicans are in office?

Pay backs are a bitch.

Because they are assholes.....

This post is completely fucking insane. There is no equivalent to how terribly Obama has been treated. He has faced more filibusters than any president. He can't even pass legislation that originated on the Right because any Republican politician whose name appears on a bill signed by Obama - even if it's tax cuts - will be removed in the next election.

Again: Republican politicians were literally forbidden from having their name appear on anything Obama signed, including legislation that would traditionally receive Republican support. The Right declared that Obama must NEVER get anything passed. The goal was to destroy the president no matter what he did.

If the Left does not return the favor during the next Republican Presidency, than they are weak and should disband their party.

If Rubio's name appeared on a bill to lower taxes, and if Obama signed that bill, than Rubio would have been taken down as "partnering with Obama". Never before has one party decided to obstruct government to this degree. The right lost the election, so they used the concentrated powers of Washington to disenfranchise half the country.
You must be joking. The Republican Congress funded almost Obama's entire Agenda. Chuck Schumer was even boasting about how they got almost everything they wanted.

You live in a pinko fantasy land.

Pay backs are a bitch.

Because they are assholes.....

Yep, hypocrites are certainly one kind of asshole.

I've noticed how nice the republican party has been to Obama over the last eight years. Do you think Obama should at least show some gratitude about it?

I think conservatives should show Obama the same decorum and level of respect that liberals showed Bush when he left office.
Revenge will never get you anywhere.

"Punish your enemies and reward your friends" = Obama would disagree with you.

Pay backs are a bitch.

You missed my criticism of Londoner's post. You missed my criticism of Obama in this thread for acting like a dictator when he won.

I think conservatives should show Obama the same decorum and level of respect that liberals showed Bush when he left office.

Yeah? So? I disagree with him.

They claim he's not even an American! I mean, that's fucked up.

Cons would spite the good of the country because obama didn't kiss their ass? Methinks its a lot more than that .

"

Yeah? So? I disagree with him.

Me too.

Obama said he would bring healing, but on his third day in office he burned his bridges with Republicans in Congress, saying "Elections have consequences," and "I won."

After that, he could only pass laws with ALL Democrats voting for it, since he could get no Republicans (not even Maine liberal Republican Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe) to vote for Obamacare, or the "porkulus" stimulus bill.

And when the voters realized what a disaster Obamacare, the Democrats took all the blame, and could not hide behind Republicans and say "these guys voted for it too."

Yes, elections have consequences, as Trump's loss in November will remind all of us.

IF you are revising a lie with the truth then no one should complain....

How can any Republican defend Obama for his conduct in 2009? He destroyed the generally good will he had when he first took office. He ruined his own presidency.

Jesus Christ , are republicans all middle school mean girls ?

"Obama gave me a dirty look in 2009. I'll shut down the government , that will show him!"

Obama tried to shut down Fox News because they were the only network to challenge him. Who are you calling Middle School girls?

Forum List

Back