Should Olympic skating include same sex pair skating and ice dancing. Should transgenders be able to compete?

Not familiar with the details of the sport whatsoever, but on the surface anyway... is there any distinct advantage of being male in this sport?
Unless this includes speed skating?

bladesofglory_2007_photo_14.jpg

They should be given their own Olympics. Then, when no one watches, maybe they'll get the hint that they just aren't that important.

Not familiar with the details of the sport whatsoever, but on the surface anyway... is there any distinct advantage of being male in this sport?

I would think strength would be the most distinct advantage. If SS pairing where allowed, a female pairing with one being a man who identifies as a woman would have a clear advantage over 2 biological women.

I would think strength would be the most distinct advantage. If SS pairing where allowed, a female pairing with one being a man who identifies as a woman would have a clear advantage over 2 biological women.
Could be, like I say I know pretty much nothing about skating. What I am thinking is when I see the "dancing skaters"... whatever you call that.
IMO - I would say a sport where there isn't a physical advantage - I have no problem with it being "unisex"
But for the largess of the entire sporting field where physical demands are the sport itself, absolutely and 100% - the two sexes should be separate in competition. In the same sense as why weight classes exist in boxing.

Could be, like I say I know pretty much nothing about skating. What I am thinking is when I see the "dancing skaters"... whatever you call that.
There are two categories of couples. One is ice dancing and one is pairs. The latter is more strenuous and involves jumps, while the former is less athletic and more for the artistry.

It is coming trust me
It's here, that being the set of faux conservatives like you who discriminate everyone who isn't exactly like you. Thankfully, their are others who aren't callous and seek to deny the rights of others. People like you.

It's here, that being the set of faux conservatives like you who discriminate everyone who isn't exactly like you. Thankfully, their are others who aren't callous and seek to deny the rights of others. People like you.
Dude. I cheer for the female swimmer with a penis winning by 14 seconds. I love it

I hope womens sports mostly have women with penises in 10 yrs. Especially in high schools and college

The actual discrimination arises from you retarded misogynists who get off on taking away the aspirations of women athletes by forcing them to compete against men.

Now, I realize you are far too stupid to ever be able to understand principles, but the principle here has to do with the liberal notion of creating a level playing field for competition. I realize you despise liberalism due to this abject stupidity of yours, but this principle is actually quite sound.

A male can lift a female. Females not so much. Males lifting males, not so much.

At least figure skating doesn’t seem like a sport where being a man would give that much of an advantage.

Forum List

Back