should the electoral college be done away with ?

is the electoral be done away with ?

• yes.... its outdated and no longer needed .

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • no... it was a system set up by the founding fathers to prevent mob rule and give smaller States

Votes: 24 92.3%

• Total voters
That is just ridiculous to not abolish the college. I'm a Republican that sees it to be abolished.
Interesting… what part of the country do you live in? If it’s anywhere other than the East Cosst, West Coast or a Najor Metropolitan Area the loss of the Electoral College would mean no national candidate ever has to campaign for your vote ever again, because it won’t matter.

It should be abolished as no other country uses an electoral college. They elect leaders by popular vote.
No other country has our unique need for the electoral college because of their styles of government are adapted for their country's structure.

Edited to add: How is great Britain's Prime Minister elected? How about Israel's Prime Minister? How about the President of France?

None of these are elected by popular vote.

Last edited:
No!... they should stop counting the popular vote....

The popular vote is meaningless above the state level and decides nothing across multi-state lines because that would really give voice only to the people in four states with the other 46 left to the whims of those four.

And it is a lot harder to corruptly sway 50 states in how they vote than just a mere four.

should the electoral college be abolished ? if Trump loses the popular vote but wins the electoral college to become POTUS will Dems call for an end to the electoral college .. Walz called for ending the electoral college at a recent fundraiser ..

No

I'm for keeping the electoral college, but equally distributing the number of electoral votes each state gets to 1 per each 100,000 citizens of the state. Or at least, determined by 2 plus the state's population divided by 1,000,000 to get rid of the mathematical deviation caused when in the 20th century they limited the number of House seats to 435.

Last edited:
George Washington won twice because there was no other candidate. It makes you wonder why they bother voting,

Joe Biden Election was the largest turnout percentage (67%) in the last 24 elections

The last one which was higher was in the 1900 election with 74%

yeah , I am on board with abolishing the Electoral College as it does sound pretty manipulative When it should be majority vote if majority do rule.

I'm for keeping the electoral college, but equally distributing the number of electoral votes each state gets to 1 per each 100,000 citizens of the state. Or at least, determined by 2 plus the state's population divided by 1,000,000 to get rid of the mathematical deviation caused when in the 20th century they limited the number of House seats to 435.
Here’s a scary question for you…Should illegals be counted for the apportionment of House seats?

Without the electoral college Texas, Florida, New York, and California would be the only States that choose all presidents. Therefore it has to remain in place.

Forum List

Back