Should the GOP go into Conclave until they name a Speaker?

th

Need an awful big room to fit all the GOP...

Are you sure you'd be happy with the choice that might emerge since the Speaker doesn't need to be a sitting house member?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Yep. IMHO Republicans should keep voting and the lowest vote getter is done/disqualified.
No new names could be added.
If anyone who lost gets votes they get added to the top vote getter.
So if there are 10-names it wouldn't take long to determine the top vote getter.
What they're doing now is stupid. Radicals can make a Constitutional Crisis easily.
DC is a mess.

Seems like they could benefit from it. Lock them all into a room and let them vote, put the ballots into a furnace and once white smoke comes up the chimney...they can have a new speaker come out and address the House.

Starting a session/adjourning/etc.... All a waste.
I think 6 patriotic Republicans need to save America from its MAGA hangover and vote Hakeem!

Seems like they could benefit from it. Lock them all into a room and let them vote, put the ballots into a furnace and once white smoke comes up the chimney...they can have a new speaker come out and address the House.

No, Thunderdome. 218 enter! One Man Leaves!

Yep. IMHO Republicans should keep voting and the lowest vote getter is done/disqualified.
No new names could be added.
If anyone who lost gets votes they get added to the top vote getter.
So if there are 10-names it wouldn't take long to determine the top vote getter.
What they're doing now is stupid. Radicals can make a Constitutional Crisis easily.
DC is a mess.
Ranked Choice voting? That is what killed Palin---'member?

Just the GOP is a mess.... the Dems seem to be getting along just fine.

They should be put in a rubber room & the door locked behind them. Either way it's going to be a two year shitshow run by a bunch of halfwits, some gerrymandered into office.

I do too. Its gridlock by any other name.
I know that's what you radicals want, burn everything down if you don't get your way. No different than Al-Qaeda.

What you're not realizing is that America will reward you people accordingly when it's time to vote.

I think I like the pugilistic tone Hakeem has, so he'll politically make it so that America won't forget.

Should be an interesting two years.

Ranked Choice voting? That is what killed Palin---'member?
Just the GOP is a mess.... the Dems seem to be getting along just fine.
Not ranked choice. Just ballot after ballot after ballot. the lowest vote getter is done. The candidate list keeps shrinking until there are only two, and then the top vote getter wins all GOP votes.

I know that's what you radicals want, burn everything down if you don't get your way. No different than Al-Qaeda.
What you're not realizing is that America will reward you people accordingly when it's time to vote.
I think I like the pugilistic tone Hakeem has, so he'll politically make it so that America won't forget.
Should be an interesting two years.
1. That was BLM and antifa that burned everything down, not Republicans.
2. We want a Balanced Budget and less inflation.
3. 75% of voters say the US is on the wrong track. We need a different direction.
4. Hakeem might play well in NY and CA, but nowhere else.
5. Totally agree. Should be a very interesting two years, including the 2024 elections.

Not ranked choice. Just ballot after ballot after ballot. the lowest vote getter is done. The candidate list keeps shrinking until there are only two, and then the top vote getter wins all GOP votes.
That is essentially Ranked Choice voting without the "placement".

I prefer this go on for 2 years giving the DNC an easy victory in 2024 in the House and the Oval.

Forum List

Back