🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should The U.S Constitution Be Re-Written And Updated?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
Why do you think the Founding Father's made room for amendments? Because they knew that the world would change and the code of law from their time would not be viable forever. One of the amazing qualities of the constitution is that it can evolve properly over time. Do you have the same point? Or do you think that it's a absolutely terrible idea? I will be glad to hear all the answers.

Why do you think the Founding Father's made room for amendments? Because they knew that the world would change and the code of law from their time would not be viable forever. One of the amazing qualities of the constitution is that it can evolve properly over time. Do you have the same point? Or do you think that it's a absolutely terrible idea? I will be glad to hear all the answers.
It has 27 amendments; that is a lot.

I'd rather repeal a few, than start over.

We could never create a document all 50 would approve.

An new CC could lead to a split.

Not that that is all that bad of an idea.

Well, they could remove this one.

Amendment III
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

and this part of the 2nd
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State.

They both seem to be outdated.

But I'd rather they not touch it at all.

We actually have the courts to re-interpret the document to change how it is implemented. We don't need to rewrite it with amendment because that would be to democratic. The amendment process requires the people's approval. We can't have that! Can you imagine what would happen if the people actually ran this country? They don't even know how to feed themselves because we wouldn't need to have elites telling us that what we are eating is wrong. We need to have smarter than thou people writing the constitution and keep it out of the people's hands.

And what about the First Amendment? Don't we need some clear explanations of what Freedom of Speech means? Something like: All it does is prevent the government from stopping from having a rational discussion about the government whether for or against it.

We actually have the courts to re-interpret the document to change how it is implemented. We don't need to rewrite it with amendment because that would be to democratic. The amendment process requires the people's approval. We can't have that! Can you imagine what would happen if the people actually ran this country? They don't even know how to feed themselves because we wouldn't need to have elites telling us that what we are eating is wrong. We need to have smarter than thou people writing the constitution and keep it out of the people's hands.

Oh you poor poor victims.

The nasty courts keep overturning Unconstitutional laws that you agreed with.

I wouldn't trust any politicians with re-writing the Constitution.

The Amendment process works as intended- difficult and requires a clear consensus.

Meh... no bother, Obama can make necessary changes via EO's. He should really just dismiss Congress completely.. they've pretty much abdicated their role anyway.

:)

Really? Name one.

Really? Name one.

Lawrence v. Taylor

Forum List

Back