Should the US admit Puerto Rico as a State ... and Split Michigan to maintain the balance in the Senate

Would you support a proposal to admit Puerto Rico ... and ... split Michigan into two States?

• Yes ... maintains balance of power in the Senate

• No ... I want the Democrat to get the two additional Senators or forget it

• No ... Puerto Rico just shouldn't be a State (please explain in the thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania

Obviously Republicans aren't going to agree to just add two Democrat Senators, that would be a major shift in balance of power. So let's take that out of the equation. Would you support Puerto Rico acceptance anyway? Splitting Michigan would of course be Detroit as a State and the rest of the State as a State

I voted no to Puerto Rico. The corruption is just too high there for me. I would be open to the deal in the future.

Painful for me being from Michigan (kaz short for Kalamazoo). Jettisoning Detroit would be amazing for the State. I picked Michigan to make it most painful to me to vote no

Obviously Republicans aren't going to agree to just add two Democrat Senators, that would be a major shift in balance of power. So let's take that out of the equation. Would you support Puerto Rico acceptance anyway? Splitting Michigan would of course be Detroit as a State and the rest of the State as a State
Puerto rico does not want to be a state as then they would have to pay tax and live in real homes not cardboard boxes

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Carve a state out of Northern California and Southern Oregon ... solid Republican in this region ... free us from the tyranny of that evil Salem/Sacramento Axis of Evil ...

Live Free or Die ...

• Thanks
Are the people in Michigan agreeable to the split?

If so, care must be taken so in the event the the northern section doesn't want to re-up with the U.S., but instead, join Canada, troops are present to squelch that plan.

Lets split NY as well.....NYC as one state and upstate NY as the other.
Lets do that with NJ as well.
How about Pa? Split that as well....Philly and the rest of the state?
LMAO...split Michigan.

Contrary to talking points on the left

Puerto Ricans have never voted in a binary vote for statehood and gotten a majority

So no, Puerto Rico is not becoming a state until they show they want it in an up or down vote on statehood.

They've held votes but none of them every gained majority support for statehood.

If so, care must be taken so in the event the the northern section doesn't want to re-up with the U.S., but instead, join Canada, troops are present to squelch that plan.

lol join canada to pay quebec?

People have such a warped view of that shithole confederacy

Join Canada lol

They are already Americans they just don't know it yet. Was true the moment Churchill gave up all claims to the western hemisphere

lol join canada to pay quebec?

People have such a warped view of that shithole confederacy

Join Canada lol

They are already Americans they just don't know it yet. Was true the moment Churchill gave up all claims to the western hemisphere
We need Canada. They have that Bi Plane ready to go along with their one tank that just needs new spark plugs.

Its been pointed out that the area between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia in PA is a lot more civilized than the major failed cities. Jettison those towns into their own state would be smart.

People in Detroit would hate the split and people outside Detroit would be ecstatic

Puerto Ricans have never voted in a binary vote for statehood and gotten a majority

So no, Puerto Rico is not becoming a state until they show they want it in an up or down vote on statehood.

They've held votes but none of them every gained majority support for statehood.

I agree there should be a clear up or down vote. I'm not sure that what they did was really taken seriously by the population. If it were a real possibility they should have a clear vote on it. Turnout has never been extremely high, probably a lot of people didn't take the question seriously

I agree there should be a clear up or down vote. I'm not sure that what they did was really taken seriously by the population. If it were a real possibility they should have a clear vote on it. Turnout has never been extremely high, probably a lot of people didn't take the question seriously

Polling shows that it won't win, which is why they try this multi option crap to try and pretend they got a majority

As to the specifics of why Puerto Rican elites do this instead of just letting it be voted up and down and washing their hands of it IDK. Seems like something that should happen every administration there.

I suspect it's main land democrats telling them to do this but I don't know.

• Thanks
Why would the US add a state that would cost taxpayers more than it would provide? Trump should grant them independence instead.

Forum List

Back