🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Simple, honest question on the ACA

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
We all know that the ACA (conveniently called with derision, Obamacare by republicans) NEEDS major improvements, while maintaining the "good" parts of what the ACT has successfully addressed.

Now, for more than five long years, elected GOPers have opposed any bipartisan attempts to improve the health law because improvements may have benefited both common Americans AND the democrats' party.......

So, give us a good and valid reason why current democrats in congress should now help republicans pass the same exact and needed improvements (of course, beside the real fact of being less partisan than their right wing colleagues)???

• Banned
It does not need anything.

How would then be explained that one of the MAIN reason why right wingers did so well in this past election cycle ran on the mantra that Obamacare WILL be repealed?

The ACA (a huge misnomer) is the most convoluted and expensive system possible. The Repubs want to go back to the unworkable system we had before with a few minor changes.

Simple honest question. Why is acknowledging Barack Obama's signature legislation by putting his name on it, derisive?

We all know that the ACA (conveniently called with derision, Obamacare by republicans) NEEDS major improvements, while maintaining the "good" parts of what the ACT has successfully addressed.

Now, for more than five long years, elected GOPers have opposed any bipartisan attempts to improve the health law because improvements may have benefited both common Americans AND the democrats' party.......

So, give us a good and valid reason why current democrats in congress should now help republicans pass the same exact and needed improvements (of course, beside the real fact of being less partisan than their right wing colleagues)???
The fact remains Obama care is legalized extortion no two ways about it. It's just another way career politicians are fucking over there so this fucking over citizens...

Honestly, as long as they get rid of the mandate, I don't care what else they do to ACA or any other healthcare law.

Obamacare, which is an unpopular program, will be a millstone around the necks of Democrats running for Congress in 2018 unless they join Republicans in replacing it. Democrats have two choices, they can join Republicans in fashioning what comes next or they can become irrelevant to the process and see it happen without any input from them.

Honestly, as long as they get rid of the mandate, I don't care what else they do to ACA or any other healthcare law.
---------------------------------------- Defiant said it first and for me the only thing i care about is the mandate that allows YOU people to extort me of my money Nat !!

---------------------------------------- Defiant said it first and for me the only thing i care about is the mandate that allows YOU people to extort me of my money Nat !!

You AND Defiant don't seem to have a real understanding of how any insurance system MUST work.

In the same way that most of us would only choose to buy car insurance AFTER a car accident, without the mandate to have young, healthy people also be responsible to purchase health insurance, would not have had insurance companies comply with the most important facet of the ACA; that is, to provide insurance to people with previous adverse health conditions.

Simple honest question. Why is acknowledging Barack Obama's signature legislation by putting his name on it, derisive?

Simple answer.........Medicare is NOT called JohnsonCare. Placing Obama's name to the ACA is an attempt to link him (and all the prejudices that right wingers feel against Obama) with a law that was always controversial. We also do not label the Revenue Act (which introduced the paying of federal income taxes,) as LincolnCare.

Calm down, snowflake.

TrumpCare will be the best healthcare plan in the history of the Universe, okayyyyy? Trump is going to hire only the best top people to fix our healthcare system. Only the best, bleev me. It's going to be amazing bigly stuff.

TrumpCare is going to be so great, you will get tired of being healthy.

You might live to two, three hundred years! And you'll get better cable reception.

Trump will reveal more about TrumpCare this Saturday.

So much for the "honest" question. I guess we couldn't expect any more from the usual liberal losers.

Keeping the "good" parts of Obamacare is like painting the superstructure of the Titanic as the deck slips under the waves.

The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan that almost no one would have chosen voluntarily, and then transferring ever more wealth from high earners to low earners to bribe them into voting for the people who came up with it.

The scheme would never work, for the straightforward reason that the liberals ran out of "Other People's Money" in record time for this program. It was so expensive that the liberals had to impose huge deductibles on the people they were trying to bribe, thus showing them just how worthless the program was and convincing them to vote against liberals.

Last edited:

Because at some point we need to stop all the partisan obstruction. It does not serve the best interest of our citizens. There is not doubt that it is a more difficult position to be in the minority party, but the response should be to work harder, not demonize your opposition in hopes to win back the majority during the next election.

One of the major flaws with teh ACA is a thing called a "Coverage Gap"

If your State was intelligent enough to not fall for the Lying Cocksucker's lies and incorporate your State Medicare Laws into the ACA, you may not be able to get Health Insurance.

Here's a better explanation but, you don't have to be poor.

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid

What if you're doing okay, want to retire before you reach 65 and don't have a Health Plan from work?

Not enough Income, you can't get the ACA. Too well off to get on Welfare?

You're screwed.

The ACA is an abortion. Good idea, but the truth is -- It was done by dimocraps and they're too stupid to do anything right

Just a fact of life. dimocraps are plain, fucking dumb

Simple answer.........Medicare is NOT called JohnsonCare. Placing Obama's name to the ACA is an attempt to link him (and all the prejudices that right wingers feel against Obama) with a law that was always controversial. We also do not label the Revenue Act (which introduced the paying of federal income taxes,) as LincolnCare.
Oh. Just because everything isn't named after the president involved, calling the ACA obamacare is being mean to Barry! It's racist too, isn't it?

You AND Defiant don't seem to have a real understanding of how any insurance system MUST work.

In the same way that most of us would only choose to buy car insurance AFTER a car accident, without the mandate to have young, healthy people also be responsible to purchase health insurance, would not have had insurance companies comply with the most important facet of the ACA; that is, to provide insurance to people with previous adverse health conditions.
----------------------------------------------------------------- I take care of myself , YOU take care of YOU . I've been doing that for 68 years one way or the other. Are you still on your Dads insurance and living in your parents basement . As I said , get rid of the mandate and you guys can do as YOU like Nat !!

So much for the "honest" question. I guess we couldn't expect any more from the usual liberal losers.

Keeping the "good" parts of Obamacare is like painting the superstructure of the Titanic as the deck slips under the waves.

The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan that almost no one would have chosen voluntarily, and then transferring ever more wealth from high earners to low earners to bribe them into voting for the people who came up with it.

The scheme would never work, for the straightforward reason that the liberals ran out of "Other People's Money" in record time for this program. It was so expensive that the liberals had to impose huge deductibles on the people they were trying to bribe, thus showing them just how worthless the program was and convincing them to vote against liberals.
I'm self employed and have always paid for my own health insurance. I didn't have to change a thing during the whole ACA transition. Kept my same plan and haven't noticed a significant change in rates. I know others have have had problems and others have gotten insurance as a result, but you are not being accurate when you say "The whole scheme amounted to forcing everybody out of their insurance and into a fantastically expensive medical-payment plan"

"......and FOX news will be back after these short commercials....."

Because at some point we need to stop all the partisan obstruction. It does not serve the best interest of our citizens. There is not doubt that it is a more difficult position to be in the minority party, but the response should be to work harder, not demonize your opposition in hopes to win back the majority during the next election.

I actually agree..............If, in enacting the needed improvements, republicans keep the ACA's mandate, parental insurance until 26 years, subsidized drug costs, etc., will the law STILL be labeled Obama Care?

Forum List

Back