Since encouraging Republicans is not an option ...

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
... I predict the general tone of posting and reporting will shift from praising Obama's brilliance and convictions to "we all knew Obama was flawed but at least what he proposes is better than what Republicans want".

Am I being premature in thinking that any of the present bad press will stick to him permanently? Will Democrats and the media find a way to rehabilitate Obama's image before the muck he is in now stains his jersey? Will they swing the narrative back to the image of the brave, caring, visionary Obama soldiering on in spite of the obstacles others are laying down for him?

I think it's already begun. The idea that Obama seemingly knows nothing about what goes on in his administration is completely absurd. Unless of course, he is as incompetent as we have all been suggesting since the 2008 campaign.

• Banned
People are all too willing to blame Republicans for the bad actions of Obama and his thugs.

I'm afraid the best we can hope for is "he's not perfect but he means well". I could even see MSM reporters starting to feel sorry for him for not living up to the hype and shielding him for that reason. "He's having a hard time. Take it easy on him."

... I predict the general tone of posting and reporting will shift from praising Obama's brilliance and convictions to "we all knew Obama was flawed but at least what he proposes is better than what Republicans want".

Am I being premature in thinking that any of the present bad press will stick to him permanently? Will Democrats and the media find a way to rehabilitate Obama's image before the muck he is in now stains his jersey? Will they swing the narrative back to the image of the brave, caring, visionary Obama soldiering on in spite of the obstacles others are laying down for him?

History repeats itself...this is exactly the trajectory of the Bush presidency, until at the end many Republican supporters pulled a Peter..."I knew him not.".

Forum List

Back