Six Natural Gas Power Plants Fail in "Refurbished" Texas Power Grid

Ok. Let’s make sure I understand. California has energy shortages because Liberals and Dems are incompetent. When the same thing happens in Texas which is run by hard core rock ribbed Conservatives. Who does it get blamed on?

That would depend on what part of Texas you're in.
95 is not abnormal for the Houston area this time of year,it's 88 today due to cloud cover and we'll reach 90 before the days is done.
It's really weird that in all my 56 years in Texas power has never been a big issue.
Of course we have a shitload of leftist moving here these days that use power.
Are the leftists causing your power failures?

Ok. Let’s make sure I understand. California has energy shortages because Liberals and Dems are incompetent. When the same thing happens in Texas which is run by hard core rock ribbed Conservatives. Who does it get blamed on?
That would depend upon the reasons for the shortages. Is it due to political policies? Not all power outages are caused by the same thing, after all.
six generation facilities tripped offline amid hot weather

Last edited:
That would depend upon the reasons for the shortages. Is it due to political policies? Not all power outages are caused by the same thing, after all.
So. Texas Conservatives didn’t expect hot weather? In Texas?

Or they didn’t expect to need more power and didn’t invest in sufficient power production facilities?

So. Texas Conservatives didn’t expect hot weather? In Texas?
I'm sure Texans of all stripes know what the typical weather is. Do they champion the green, anti-energy politics like the libtard morons in California?

Or they didn’t expect to need more power and didn’t invest in sufficient power production facilities?
Ask them. I'm not the one with the answers you seek.

After the endless litany of posts here claiming that wind and solar power would all have to be fully backed up by fossil fuel plants, this is irony at its finest. All six plants that failed were fired by natural gas. What backed them up? Any guesses?
Maybe Texas should be working on their power grid instead of Trump's vanity wall.

Maybe Texas should be working on their power grid instead of Trump's vanity wall.
There was a big push to make improvements after the freeze last winter but the utilities pulled out every trick in the book to avoid making changes.

Forum List

Back