Smarmy delusional Rethuglicans

I don't think it was so much that she compared her experience as mayor and governor to Obama's experience as a community organizer it was how she did it

"I guess being mayor of a small town is kinda like being a community organizer, except you have REAL RESPONSIBILITIES"

and the fact that they are approaching Obama's experience as a community organizer like it's ALL he's done is kind of funny. He's also been a civil rights attorney, a constitutional law professor, state legislature and now a Congressman, not to mention the many boards of directors he's sat on over the years.

It's just disingenuous crap and typical of a party that doesn't have anything to say on their own behalf.

you're right that it's mostly just a bunch of disingenuous crap...which is why i feel compelled to dispel the democratic spin on sarah palin.

Piling on Sarah looks like so much fun I thought I would join in. Did you read the thread where she messed up on the community center ? :eek:

No I haven't. I think I've read and heard more than enough now about Sarah Palin to know that if McCain is elected and he becomes incapable of finishing out his term, this country will be in deep shit. Not that electing McCain alone wouldn't mean the same thing.

VOTE OBAMA!!

in his 8 years in the senate, obama has barely taken any leadership positions on issues. in most of the controversial votes, he chose not to vote at all and only listed himself as "present"... he did that something like 150 times already!

sarah palin has demonstrated real leadership and taken the bull by the horns in alaska and reformed her state's government.

and obama didn't beat hillary, the dnc got revenge on the clinton's...

Okay, you're right.

Sarah Palin, 18 month governor of the 48th smallest state in the union, a person who's never met a foreign leader, never had a passport until last year, and never left the country until last year, is more qualified than Barack Obama.

No I haven't. I think I've read and heard more than enough now about Sarah Palin to know that if McCain is elected and he becomes incapable of finishing out his term, this country will be in deep shit. Not that electing McCain alone wouldn't mean the same thing.

VOTE OBAMA!!

Do you have a little cheeleader outfit ?

Palmer endorsed Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008.[4]

Is this supposed to make a former Clinton supporter see red?
That's kind of pathetic.

in his 8 years in the senate, obama has barely taken any leadership positions on issues. in most of the controversial votes, he chose not to vote at all and only listed himself as "present"... he did that something like 150 times already!

out of probably thousands of votes he voted prsent 130 times...seems like a mountain out of a molehill or worse seems like more spin from the Republicans because they don't have anything positive to say about themselves so why not cast doubt on the other guy, even if it's not what they are making it out to be...there's no need to be real and honest with the American people...they are too stupid to know the difference or to lazy to look into it....

I might suggest people do a little bit of research before they continue to slam Obama on this issue

Illinois Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voting in the Illinois Senate is done by members pushing one of three buttons. Unlike most states, the Illinois Senate allows members to vote "yes," "no," or "present." It takes 30 affirmative votes to pass legislation during final action. The number of negative votes does not matter. Therefore the use of the "present" vote has the same effect as voting "no."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/opinion/16mikva.html

Unlike Congress and the legislatures of most other states, each chamber of the Illinois Legislature requires a “constitutional majority” to pass a bill. The state Senate has 59 members, so it takes 30 affirmative votes. This makes a “present” vote the same as a no.

In the Illinois Senate, there can be strategic reasons for voting “present” rather than simply no. A member might approve the intent of legislation, but not its scope or the way it has been drafted. A “present” vote can send a signal to a bill’s sponsors that the legislator might support an amended version. Voting “present” can also be a way to exercise fiscal restraint, without opposing the subject of the bill.

sarah palin has demonstrated real leadership and taken the bull by the horns in alaska and reformed her state's government.

I'm not really sure how you actually believe that Gloria, given everything that's come out in the last week or so about her affinity for lobbyists, earmark spending, the bridge to nowhere mess and what appears to be an abuse of power to rid herself of a pesty brother-in-law. She seems just like every other dirty politican, just a little more sneaky.

and obama didn't beat hillary, the dnc got revenge on the clinton's...

so all those people who voted for Obama in the primaries were merely puppets of the DNC? I voted for Hillary in the primaries, wanna know why? Because I knew next to nothing about Obama when the election took place in my area. She was a name I knew, I liked her husband as President and I figured at the worst we'd get Bill back in charge in some capacity.

Then I started paying attention and researching Barack Obama, what he stood for and what he'd always stood for. I went back and looked at the work he'd done, the life he'd lived and I found a man who seems to ALWAYS be fighting for the rights of people just like ME.

He was an outsider, he raised money through a grass roots effort of people donating $100 here, $20 there and he made it happen because he believes in the power of EVERYONE not just the select few.

He talks about changing the course of this country but he also acknowledges that he can't do it alone, he NEEDS people who may have given up on the system, who may not believe that anyone in Washington REALLY cares about anything more than their next free lunch, and he found US. We're hungry for change, we're motivated to change and we're gonna make a change.

and before you decide the Obama didn't take a leadership position because he voted "present" 130 times perhaps you would be intersted to know that he sponsored 823 bills while in the IL state senate

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/07/29/us/politics/20070730_OBAMA_GRAPHIC.html

233 on healthcare and public health
125 on poverty and public assistance
122 on crime, corrections and the death penalty
97 on economy, business and finance
62 on education
60 on civil and human rights
35 on infrastructure and public works
21 on ethics
21 on adminstration
20 on environment
15 on gun control
15 on symbolic resolutions and memorial acts
6 on military and veterans affairs
1 on immigration

Last edited:
Hey!!!! Belt up, you ponce!!!!
NO! I just watch way too much PBS.

I hate that expression, "spot on".
Or when Americans say "go to hospital/university.
Tout ça c'est casse cul.

I'm totally down with discussing what Palin and Obama were doing when they were 25 years old. Community organizer? Sounds like a bunch of dirty hippie crap.

Sportscaster sounds like a real job.

Is this the lady you want across the table from Vladimir Putin?

Our future commander in chief:

Obama once also had beauty queen aspirations, you know.
303188VCEB_w.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back