Smokin' supper...mmm....

Mmm...four and a half hours...does that look good or what?

IMAG0261-1_zpsaf34b14c.jpg

Simmered up a mustard based sauce from this recipe at About.com.

I cut the cayenne in half...I don't like too much heat.

This was my first mustard based sauce...I'm partial to Carolina sauces...but I have to say, this was exceptional.

IMAG0266-1_zps1019e14e.jpg

IMAG0265-1_zps3a0ba643.jpg

IMAG0267-1_zps3e7b04e8.jpg

Turned out fabulously delicious.

I love pulled pork sandwiches.

So, what can I tell you about this smoke?

The Applewood rub and the mop melded most excellently, but the marinade was a total waste of time.

Next time, instead of using an injection recipe as a marinade, I'll actually do an injection and see how that turns out.

Smoked up some brisket and a bacon bomb fattie...:eusa_drool:.

IMAG0072.jpg

^ Not really a brisket, used a tri-tip roast instead.
Marinaded and rubbed, ready to smoke.

IMAG0075.jpg

^ On the grill, set up the charcoal using the ring of fire method for a 5-6 hour smoke.

In the meantime...

IMAG0077.jpg

^ Bacon Bomb Fattie.

IMAG0076.jpg

^ Just cut a pocket in a roll of sausage, add some stuffing...I used onion, green pepper, mushrooms and sharp cheddar cheese.

IMAG0079-1.jpg

^ Smoke for 2 to 2.5 hours at 220 to 270 degrees to an internal temp of 165-175.
Add a handful of soaked wood chips every 40 minutes.

IMAG0081-1.jpg

^ Delicious.

Brisket isn't finished yet...it takes 6-7 hours. I'll post a pic when it's done.
Dude. Invite! :)

Even though this says St. Louis style ribs, tonight we're making Tennessee style ribs.

IMAG0268-1_zps5189aef2.jpg

I'm following this video exactly, we'll see how it turns out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phrr9_eHr7s"]Memphis Spare Ribs recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

First I rubbed the ribs...I used GrillMates Pork Rub...and then refrigerated them for 3 hours.

IMAG0269-1_zpsfc123cc9.jpg

As I prepared the grill, I patted on some light brown sugar an a little more rub.

IMAG0270-1_zps2f152750.jpg

I cleaned the grill and, while waiting for the temperature to stabilize, I whipped up the mop...

IMAG0271-1_zpsb8d34b0e.jpg

I'm surprised you go with those vacuum packed ribs. I've found them to be too moisture-heavy.

I'm surprised you go with those vacuum packed ribs. I've found them to be too moisture-heavy.

I'm totally with you there...but Farmland "all natural" line is not enhanced...no add moisture.

All Natural Fresh Pork - Healthy Options from Farmland Foods

I was turned on to them on another forum, and they have always been perfectly delicious.

Last night was no exception.

IMAG0274-1_zps4a52d223.jpg

I stay away from the "Extra Tender" line, it is enhanced with, I believe, an 8% solution.

Last edited:
Smoking a bologna chub and some spam today.

The bologna is scored 1/4 inch, coated in a mixture of 3 tbsp of mustard and 2 tsp of soy sauce and a sprinkling of garlic powder...then covered with light brown sugar.

Add a 1/2 inch of beer to the pan and smoke for 2-3 hours at 225-275 degrees.

IMAG0275-1_zps820332aa.jpg

IMAG0276-1_zpsae08b2c3.jpg

IMAG0277-1_zpsb7469ddd.jpg

IMAG0278-1_zps6458b709.jpg

The spam I coated one with brown sugar and added apple juice and the other in catsup and hot sauce and add beer.

IMAG0279-1_zpsa27a106d.jpg

I get the smokin' ribs thang...but bologna and spam?

That ain't fittin'. That jest ain't fittin'!

Spam was fantastic...going to slice up the rest with potatoes and eggs in the morning.

IMAG0283-1_zpsca147a53.jpg

You must have difficulty pooping, what with all this meat in your diet.

You must have difficulty pooping, what with all this meat in your diet.

:eusa_eh:

I live in the South, Mr. H, meat is almost always the main course of every meal, the vegetables and grains are simply garnish. :thup:

Last edited:
IMAG0285-1_zps8a0e0055.jpg

Smoked Spam, fried potatoes and eggs over hard...the breakfast of champions. :D

Forum List

Back