So No One Should've looked for Bergdahl because...

What now?

Republicans keep saying "5 people died looking for him"...."5 PEOPLE DIED!!! LOOKING" and I'm sure there is a point in saying that but no one will come out and say it.

Should the US determine who is savable by reviewing their past first? Or are you saying people shouldn't have died? I'd love to hear it

They should have looked for him. So they could kill the traitorous bastard.

Exactly. A double tap and done.

Thats pretty damning stuff but your second link doesnt work.

Hummm I don't know why the bottom link does not work, but the top one does.... This article was written by Hastings in 2012 ( that's the respected journalist who brought McChrysal down).

The next morning, more than 24 hours after Bowe had vanished, U.S. intelligence intercepted a conversation between two Taliban fighters:

"I SWEAR THAT I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING YET. WHAT HAPPENED. IS THAT TRUE THAT THEY CAPTURED AN AMERICAN GUY?"

"YES THEY DID. HE IS ALIVE. THERE IS NO WHERE HE CAN GO (LOL)" "IS HE STILL ALIVE?"

"YES HE IS ALIVE. BUT I DONT HAVE THE WHOLE STORY. DONT KNOW IF THEY WERE FIGHTING. ALL I KNOW IF THEY WERE FIGHTING. ALL I KNOW THAT THEY CAPTURE HIM ALIVE AND THEY ARE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW."

Then another intercept was picked up:

"CUT THE HEAD OFF"

Later that evening, a final intercept confirmed that Bowe had been captured by the Taliban, who were preparing an ambush for the search party.

"WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM."

"LOL THEY KNOW WHERE HE IS BUT THEY KEEP GOING TO WRONG AREA."

"OK SET UP THE WORK FOR THEM."

"YES WE HAVE A LOT OF IED ON THE ROAD."

"GOD WILLING WE WILL DO IT."

"WE WERE ATTACKING THE POST HE WAS SITTING TAKING EXPLETIVE HE HAD NO GUN WITH HIM. HE WAS TAKING EXPLETIVE, HE HAS NOT CLEANED HIS BUTT YET." "WHAT SHAME FOR THEM."

"YES LOOK THEY HAVE ALL AMERICANS, ANA HELICOPTERS THE PLANES ARE LOOKING FOR HIM."

"I THINK HE IS BIG SHOT THAT WHY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR HIM."

A third voice chimed in:

"CAN YOU GUYS MAKE A VIDEO OF HIM AND ANNOUNCE IT ALL OVER AFGHANISTAN THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE AMERICANS."

"WE ALREADY HAVE A VIDEO OF HIM."

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

This has been written about for years, it is not new.

What now?

Republicans keep saying "5 people died looking for him"...."5 PEOPLE DIED!!! LOOKING" and I'm sure there is a point in saying that but no one will come out and say it.

Should the US determine who is savable by reviewing their past first? Or are you saying people shouldn't have died? I'd love to hear it

Should there be any consequence for his walking away from his post with people dying who were looking for him?

With this administration?
Congressional Medal of Honor.

LOL. Crickets from ClosedCaption though. Well, so what do you say?

See, this is what they seem to be suggesting but they wont say it directly because stating it directly is pretty fucking disgusting. As if they want someone in charge of who is worthy of saving or not by...IDK interviewing family members first or something

I am one of those on the right and I say you don't fix a problem by causing a bigger problem by releasing known terrorists as a trade. Now they have cause to go kidnap more troops so they can trade them for more Gitmo terrorists. Obama made a bad problem worse.

i'm curious what you think they would have done to the troops they will now be able to capture if the trade had not been made?

Dude your not making any sense. Sober up.

I am one of those on the right and I say you don't fix a problem by causing a bigger problem by releasing known terrorists as a trade. Now they have cause to go kidnap more troops so they can trade them for more Gitmo terrorists. Obama made a bad problem worse.

i'm curious what you think they would have done to the troops they will now be able to capture if the trade had not been made?

Dude your not making any sense. Sober up.

you're saying they will now capture soldiers now that the trade for bergdahl has been made.

what would have happened to those same soldiers had the trade not been made?

if the taliban has an opportunity to capture a soldier and do so because they now believe a future trade possible what would they do to that soldier if they did not believe a future trade would be possible?

i'm trying to make this is clear as possible. it's not a complicated question.

Who's saying we shouldn't have looked for him? What I have heard is people especially the soldiers who served with him not wanting him portrayed as hero and someone who served with honor and distinction when that does not appear to be the case. I have also heard many left and right question giving up these five Taliban for him but no one say don't try and get him back.

What now?

Still dodging

kaz said:
Should there be any consequence for his walking away from his post with people dying who were looking for him?

What now?

Who said we should not have looked for him exactly? I never heard that.

I did hear we should not have traded 5 Taliban for him and we should limit how much we put troops into risky situations, but can you show the link showing who said we should not look for him?

Among the more stupid threads I have seen here and that's saying a lot. The guy deserted his unit and got chummy with the enemy. The only justification for looking for him would be firing squad.

And because their superiors ordered it. Dont forget that part. Why shouldnt they look for him? Even if he was "chummy" they didnt know that before hand

Yes. They did. It was notable to those in his unit that he was more friendly with the locals than he was with those in his own unit.

What now?

They should never have been put into that position, looking for a deserter of one of their own. Bergdahl caused that by walking away, after sending his items back home. This was premeditated to drop the back of his fellow soldiers.

Looking for a fellow soldier captured in the fight is a way of war. This was not.

Last edited:
Among the more stupid threads I have seen here and that's saying a lot. The guy deserted his unit and got chummy with the enemy. The only justification for looking for him would be firing squad.

And because their superiors ordered it. Dont forget that part. Why shouldnt they look for him? Even if he was "chummy" they didnt know that before hand

The superiors had to to hopefully find him before his revealing anything to the enemy, and make them even less secure. From some accounts it is a possibility that is what he actually did.

You didn't read the article you posted closely enough, that isn't what it said.

It doesn't answer the question I asked Caption either. I was questioning his kool-aid protection of his messiah, not the facts of the case

What? That there should be an investigation whether he walked off post?

There already was. 2010. It's CLASSIFIED.

Since no action has been taken in absentia, I think it's easy to assume the fact that he didn't walk off post.

Keep up-
U.S. concluded in 2010 that Bergdahl walked away
Sgt. Bergdahl to the Firing Squad? - US News
WASHINGTON: Questions loom over Bergdahl-Taliban swap - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com

It doesn't answer the question I asked Caption either. I was questioning his kool-aid protection of his messiah, not the facts of the case

Since no action has been taken in absentia, I think it's easy to assume the fact that he didn't walk off post.

You're determined to discuss your tangent and not grasp the point, aren't you?

And yes, it is "easy" to assume that, but there is no basis to do so

Forum List

Back