🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So nominee Gorsuch proclaims Roe v. Wade as precedent

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

“It has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that,” Gorsuch answered."

Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

Sounds like another resounding defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.

Providing we can believe him...

See what I mean when I say liberalism almost always wins in the long run?

Why do you loons cheer legislation that allows murdering the most innocent of all? Freaking ghouls

Save the emotional drool for someone else's thread. Your post proves that the anti-abortionists have no rational argument against choice.

And, yes, you LOSE with Gorsuch, especially since he's replacing Scalia.

"Judge Neil Gorsuch said Tuesday the controversial Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion is “precedent” and acknowledged the ruling had been reaffirmed “many times.”

Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Antonin Scalia died, does not have much of a history ruling on abortion issues, and the contentious subject was one of the first topics broached during the question-and-answer session of Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the United States Supreme Court, it has been reaffirmed…and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered,” Gorsuch told Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “…A good judge will consider it as precedent of the United States Supreme Court, worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the first Democrat to question Gorsuch, immediately followed up, citing the importance of the issue since, she said, President Trump “said he would appoint someone who would overturn Roe.”

“Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law,” Gorsuch told Feinstein, clarifying his position on precedent. “What was once a hotly-contested issue is no longer a hotly-contested issue. We move forward.”

Feinstein asked if Gorsuch considered Roe v. Wade “super precedent” – a decision that cannot be overturned.

And here the left has been frothing at the mouth, spouting all kinds of inane hatred, and generally making dolts of themselves over this guy.

And here the left has been frothing at the mouth, spouting all kinds of inane hatred, and generally making dolts of themselves over this guy.

Nothing new, the left froths, spouts hatred and makes dolts of themselves all the time.

Hoe does one enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if we won't even protect your right to live?

See? This is exactly how conservatives lose, slowly and steadily, over time.

After their decades of fighting against abortion rights, now they're resigned to cheering on the nomination of a Supreme Court judge who sees Roe as precedent.

And, don't forget, after decades of conservatives fighting against gay rights, now they're resigned to cheering on their messianic President who himself has proclaimed same sex marriage to be settled law.

This is why I marvel at liberals who go into panic mode when conservatives temporarily gain power in government.

Relax. They too shall pass.

That's not what I've seen at all. What I've seen is the left being rightfully angry about the denial of hearings and a vote to an equally qualified and acceptable jurist, Merrick Garland.

I no more oppose Gorsuch than I did Roberts or Alito; not my first choices but I acknowledge their fitness as jurists.

It's absolutely disgusting what the Republicons did in denying Garland his rightful confirmation process. It's the lowest point of congressional politics pretty much ever. It's a black eye and stain that the GOP can never get past.

And no, the Democrats aren't so ugly nor will they do such a despicable anti-American thing.

We get it. You are conceding the Gorsuch Confirmation because you spent all your energies and billions on a FAKE RUSSIAN COLLUSION STORY.
Now you are unprepared to stop Gorsuch from taking the bench.

WINNING.

See? This is exactly how conservatives lose, slowly and steadily, over time.

After their decades of fighting against abortion rights, now they're resigned to cheering on the nomination of a Supreme Court judge who sees Roe as precedent.

And, don't forget, after decades of conservatives fighting against gay rights, now they're resigned to cheering on their messianic President who himself has proclaimed same sex marriage to be settled law.

This is why I marvel at liberals who go into panic mode when conservatives temporarily gain power in government.

Relax. They too shall pass.
Nothing is going to overturn Roe. That's why you have laws about clinics and doctors, funding of planned parenthood. Leave Roe alone.

Gorsuch was COACHED to say that.

If Trump can get rid of Breyer AND Ginsberg then he can get rid of Roe V Wade too.

Roe V Wade infringes on States' Rights.

We get it. You are conceding the Gorsuch Confirmation because you spent all your energies and billions on a FAKE RUSSIAN COLLUSION STORY.
Now you are unprepared to stop Gorsuch from taking the bench.

WINNING.

Winning what? You're getting a Scalia replacement who's to the left of Scalia. WE'RE getting a Scalia replacement who's to the left of Scalia.

The overturning of Roe v Wade, if we take Gorsuch at his word, is now at least 2 judges away from even being feasible...

...with that, cue the RWnuts who will now come out and claim they never really cared about overturning Roe in the first place.

lol

That's not what I've seen at all. What I've seen is the left being rightfully angry about the denial of hearings and a vote to an equally qualified and acceptable jurist, Merrick Garland.

I no more oppose Gorsuch than I did Roberts or Alito; not my first choices but I acknowledge their fitness as jurists.

It's absolutely disgusting what the Republicons did in denying Garland his rightful confirmation process. It's the lowest point of congressional politics pretty much ever. It's a black eye and stain that the GOP can never get past.

And no, the Democrats aren't so ugly nor will they do such a despicable anti-American thing.
The RaTz already have done it. The Biden Rule...

Joe Biden in 1992: No nominations to the Supreme Court in an election year

Forum List

Back