So, you wake up and someone is trying to set your carpet on fire with a blow torch,so you shoot them

Don't you people have locks on your doors and windows? :wtf:

That is a funny thing.....criminals usually just kick doors in or break windows.....you know..they are criminals....that is why you also have a gun.......

You must have really stupid criminals in your part of the world. Where I live, they usually wait until no one's home to break in, because they just want your stuff, not a showdown. And there are lots of ways to make them think you're home when you're not. I've lived in two of the most supposedly "dangerous" cities in the U.S., and I don't know anyone who had a break-in while they were home, no matter how many episodes of Law & Order they've seen.
If you turn lights off when you go to bed and leave your doors and windows unlocked, you are just asking to be robbed? Is that like ladies wearing short skirts are just asking to be raped?

So you do leave your doors and windows unlocked. I knew it!

That is a funny thing.....criminals usually just kick doors in or break windows.....you know..they are criminals....that is why you also have a gun.......

You must have really stupid criminals in your part of the world. Where I live, they usually wait until no one's home to break in, because they just want your stuff, not a showdown. And there are lots of ways to make them think you're home when you're not. I've lived in two of the most supposedly "dangerous" cities in the U.S., and I don't know anyone who had a break-in while they were home, no matter how many episodes of Law & Order they've seen.
It happens. No matter how you pretend otherwise. The thing is many criminals are not remotely rational, some are so whacked out on drugs they don't know where they are. A gal friend of a friend had a naked guy bust through her door and beat her with a 2x4 with nails sticking out if it.

All it takes is one time. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I prepare for the worst...by locking my doors and windows. Apparently some of you don't. This amazes me, but it shouldn't, really.

It happens. No matter how you pretend otherwise. The thing is many criminals are not remotely rational, some are so whacked out on drugs they don't know where they are. A gal friend of a friend had a naked guy bust through her door and beat her with a 2x4 with nails sticking out if it.

I prepare for the worst...by locking my doors and windows. Apparently some of you don't. This amazes me, but it shouldn't, really.
Who said they don't? Who said I don't? It takes about a second to pop open a door with a pry bar. The bottom line is it's your choice and you can't decide for others.

Got this story from an article about selecting the right ammo for home defense.......

So anti gunners......do you think this guy woke up that morning and thought...Gee....today is the day someone is going to try to start my house on fire...then I will have a struggle with him and then I will shoot them...?

Former CIA Officer Jason Hanson on How to Pick Self-Defense Ammunition: Guns for Beginners - The Truth About Guns

Written by Jason Hanson. Republished with permission from spyescapeandevasion.com

A Peoria, Arizona man named Dave B. awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of his security alarm going off. Dave immediately jumped out of bed and retrieved his handgun loaded with hollowpoint rounds. As Dave went to investigate the alarm an intruder with a blowtorch was setting the carpet in his home on fire . . .

Dave and the intruder got into a physical struggle at which point Dave fired a single round from his .357. The round struck the suspect who immediately retreated out of the home and was caught by police. The suspect is still in critical condition at a local hospital.

Clearly, Dave did what he had to do to protect himself from this crazy person who wanted to harm him. Also, he had good ammunition that did its job and got the intruder to retreat.
The thread premise is moronic idiocy.

No one want’s to ‘take’ anyone’s guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone the means to protect himself.

The thread premise fails yet another ridiculous straw man fallacy, yet another ridiculous lie from the right.
Except New York City, Washington DC Chicago and Numerous other liberal cities where in FACT the law was no one was legally allowed to own a firearm. Even after Heller most of those places are STILL fighting to BAN all firearms.

First...the guy was setting the guys home on fire....it wasn't exactly a burglary....and Second...most of the time in the United States criminals look for empty homes...why? Because they don't want a home owner to shoot them with a .357 hollow point.

What you find in countries that have disarmed their law abiding citizens...more home invasions....burglaries where people are still home.....why? Because the homeowner can't resist them or shoot them.....Britain has a real problem with this....their farms are prime targets because the police response time is really long.....and they know the farmers can't shoot them.

Got this story from an article about selecting the right ammo for home defense.......

So anti gunners......do you think this guy woke up that morning and thought...Gee....today is the day someone is going to try to start my house on fire...then I will have a struggle with him and then I will shoot them...?

Former CIA Officer Jason Hanson on How to Pick Self-Defense Ammunition: Guns for Beginners - The Truth About Guns

Written by Jason Hanson. Republished with permission from spyescapeandevasion.com

A Peoria, Arizona man named Dave B. awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of his security alarm going off. Dave immediately jumped out of bed and retrieved his handgun loaded with hollowpoint rounds. As Dave went to investigate the alarm an intruder with a blowtorch was setting the carpet in his home on fire . . .

Dave and the intruder got into a physical struggle at which point Dave fired a single round from his .357. The round struck the suspect who immediately retreated out of the home and was caught by police. The suspect is still in critical condition at a local hospital.

Clearly, Dave did what he had to do to protect himself from this crazy person who wanted to harm him. Also, he had good ammunition that did its job and got the intruder to retreat.
The thread premise is moronic idiocy.

No one want’s to ‘take’ anyone’s guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone the means to protect himself.

The thread premise fails yet another ridiculous straw man fallacy, yet another ridiculous lie from the right.

Do you really believe that crap?.....because anyone with half a clue knows you are wrong.

The ones who want to hurt people go into occupied homes: rapists, kidnappers, muderers, etc. This one apparently wanted to burn someone up in a fire. -shudder- That is a horrible way to die.

Who said they don't?

Post #18 suggested it as a possibility. Of course, he also equates someone stealing his stuff with being raped, so :dunno:

IceWeasel said:
Who said I don't? It takes about a second to pop open a door with a pry bar.

Sounds pretty flimsy. Might want to replace that.

IceWeasel said:
The bottom line is it's your choice and you can't decide for others.

I'm not deciding for others. I'm amused at how easily some of you get taken in by these scenarios.

The ones who want to hurt people go into occupied homes: rapists, kidnappers, muderers, etc. This one apparently wanted to burn someone up in a fire. -shudder- That is a horrible way to die.

So is living in terror 24/7.

So...Is there a big problem with lots of people with torches in Arizona that people should use bazookas or mini guns to defend themselves from? Or was there more to this story than meets the eye?

I'm not living in terror. Very few are.

So...Is there a big problem with lots of people with torches in Arizona that people should use bazookas or mini guns to defend themselves from? Or was there more to this story than meets the eye?

I guess you didn't learn to read in the government school...controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....that you went to....

He used a .357 revolver with hollowpoints...fired one shot....

Yeah, but there's a guy with a blowtorch lurking outside. Better lock and load.

Who said they don't?

Post #18 suggested it as a possibility. Of course, he also equates someone stealing his stuff with being raped, so :dunno:
Try asking your shrugging yellow head to explain the logical comparison in #18 to you.
IceWeasel said:

IceWeasel said:

I'm not deciding for others. I'm amused at how easily some of you get taken in by these scenarios.

Yeah, but there's a guy with a blowtorch lurking outside. Better lock and load.
You doubt this happened? You making fun of a criminal killing a 78 year old man in a house fire? How very enlightened of you.

Who said they don't?

IceWeasel said:

IceWeasel said:

Most doors can easilily be broken into. Like most locks they just keep honest people honest. Might want to reevaluate your situation without the smug attitude. You wouldn't be the first smarmy person to die from living an illusion.

The scenarios, as you call them, do happen. You live in a bubble. You can amuse yourself all you want but it has no bearing on reality.

Having had the pleasure to own and fire quite a few rounds from a Ruger .357, any round would be enough to drive off a human, and most animals. In fact, the wonder is the wounded person could even run.

Shooting someone is, well, "heavy", I think, is the term. Instinct tells me I would not do it over a mere possession. Instinct tells me I would do it without hesitation if I thought my wife were in danger.
I'm a good shot, too.

Having had the pleasure to own and fire quite a few rounds from a Ruger .357, any round would be enough to drive off a human, and most animals. In fact, the wonder is the wounded person could even run.

Human's can, at times, absorb a lot of bullets and keep on attacking and moving...they will eventually die...but there are stories of horrible wounds that were ignored by the person shot......

The FBI shooting in Miami, where the bank robber absorbed several life ending wounds at he beginning of the fight, his right Brachial artery was severed, and he got shot through the lungs....but went on to injure and kill several FBI agents....he bled out before he could escape....

I just found out that my last remaining dog-larm is completely useless - Best Buy guys delivering the new TV, I had them put it in the game room because we've not had time to get the theater ready for it (what a mess removing a 200# 63" rear projection TV >.<) Anyway, so my useless dog-larm is on the other side of the pool table napping, asshole didn't even wake up...

We now have a security alarm system...

Forum List

Back