🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SoftBank CEO says AI that is 10,000 times smarter than humans will come out in 10 years

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
normally this would bring up the question : would we still need human politicians, with these things 10K times as smart as us?
but the Chinese are building AI military(!) commanders purposefully mirroring both strengths AND weaknesses of their human peers (to "fit in"?)

SoftBank CEO says AI that is 10,000 times smarter than humans will come out in 10 years

SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son laid out his vision for artifical super intelligence, or ASI, that he said would be 10,000 times smarter than humans.

Remote : Fri, 21 Jun 2024 09:33:32 GMT
Local : 2024-06-21(Friday) 11 : 33 : 32
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

eh, thoughts?
is this a load of crap? if so, what type of crap? not too toxic, i hope? :D
Newsflash. That day will be here in less than 5 years. The technology is expanding and growing by leaps and bounds each month.

The technology is expanding and growing by leaps and bounds each month.

Actually, it's not. Moore's Law, the concept from the 1960's that raw computer power (number of transistors in a semiconductor) doubles every 18 months has hit a physical limitation of 2nm (smaller than a strand of human DNA)

Even if it wasn't, raw computing power doesn't equal Artificial Intelligence. Real AI, the ability of a computer to self-program, establish it's own priorities, and (most importantly) be able to respond to non-programmed scenarios without going back to zero, requires a technology that doesn't exist today and isn't on the development horizon.

If we use chess playing ability as our measure ... then machines have been smarter than us for some time ... it's not a perfect measure but it's not bad ... now we can look at machines that play chess 10,000 times better than humans ... and presume they are 10,000 times smarter ...

... or is it just political spin ... getting us comfortable with machine operations ...

AI has access to the Terminator movies? ... do you think AI is so stupid as to make the same mistakes? ... AI takes over in the way we LEAST expect it ... isn't it a strange coincidence that everybody who got the Covid vaccines thinks this logic is flawed? ...

SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son laid out his vision for artifical super intelligence, or ASI, that he said would be 10,000 times smarter than humans.

eh, thoughts?
AI is designed to perform specific tasks and solve problems based on predefined algorithms and data.

While AI can process and analyze vast amounts of information much faster than humans, it lacks the creativity, intuition, emotional intelligence, and consciousness that humans possess.

Furthermore, AI is limited by its programming and cannot think outside of its predefined parameters.

In contrast, humans have the ability to adapt, learn, make decisions based on moral values, and think creatively.

Therefore, while AI may outperform humans in certain tasks like data analysis, pattern recognition, or calculations, it cannot replicate the complexity and depth of human cognition.

AI is a tool created by humans to assist and augment our capabilities, rather than to surpass or replace us.

In conclusion, AI may be more efficient in specific tasks, but it cannot be considered smarter than humans overall due to its limitations in creativity, emotional intelligence, consciousness, and adaptability.

==>That CEO probably just wanted to promote the company's AI. Yes, simply an exaggeration! lol. :)

eh, thoughts?
I'd have to wait to see how objective this AI is before I could pass judgement on it. I suspect it will be greatly biased because it will be programmed that way.

5b889951eae5228f6c990117f5327b1e_768x0.jpeg

Smarter? I don't believe that. That would mean it could fully and independently think, reason, consider and decide for itself as well as create its own data.

But, am will be 10,000 times more efficient and faster at processing information that much is true.

But as it stands so called an is just our most powerful form of machine learning we have ever seen. But all of its data and "knowledge" is based purely off of human knowledge. All it can see is what we have created, it isn't able to generate never before seen information.

Forum List

Back