Solidarity with Israel

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
In a token gesture to show my support of Israel I've decided to let my beard grow (even if my Mom's said it makes me look 10 years older.) :)

The chassidic view of why we Jews let our beards grow follows:

There is more to the beard than just identifying as a Jew. According to Kabbalah the beard should not even be trimmed, but should be allowed to grow freely. Why?

Kabbalistically, our outer physical appearance is a reflection of our inner spiritual reality. The hands represent our ability to give and receive. The feet symbolize the power to progress. What does the beard represent?

One of the greatest struggles in life is to live up to our ideals. Many of us know what is right in our minds, but find it difficult to apply that knowledge in our daily lives. Often we do things that we know are wrong, but feel we "couldn't help ourselves". For example, we know that it is wrong to lose our temper, but when we get annoyed at someone we find it impossible to control our anger. Or we may know that it is good to give charity, but never get around to actually giving.

Between theory and practice there is a huge gulf. It is one thing to have good intentions, but that is far from actually doing good. It is like realizing a dream; without diligence, determination and hard work, it will always remain just a dream.

The greatest step we can take in our personal growth is learning to bridge this gap and implement our good intentions.

This is what the beard represents. The beard is hair that grows down from the head to the rest of the body. It is the bridge between mind and heart, thoughts and actions, theory and practice, good intentions and good deeds.

So we don't cut the beard, but rather let it flow freely, to open a direct flow from the ideals and philosophies of our minds into our everyday lifestyle.
The Beard - Questions & Answers

When Operation 'Protective Edge' is over, we can shave. But if there's really anything to the whole God thing, and beards have some spiritual significance, then lending everything we can to Israel certainly couldn't hurt.

My old college tutor always said, why cultivate on your face what grows wild round your arse?
I will go have a shave in support of the innocent children slaughtered by the Israelis.

Tell the parents of those children to stop hiding the weapons used to kill Israeli children under the feet of their own.

I will wear the star of David on a gold chain next to my cross to show my support for the land God has given to His chosen and promised to protect.
I love this thread, Delta. :)

Last edited:
Not seen much evidence of Israeli children suffering in the present conflict...just overkill by the Israelis. Bombing hospitals, power plants and residential areas.
The sympathy the Jews had from the holocaust is ebbing away.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;...ah then the Jews are not followers of the christian new testament!

Tater, You don't see the same ratio of the dead because of Israel's defense system, not for the lack of trying on the part of the Hamas terrorist group. Their plan is to wipe Israel off the map. A view shared by other Muslim nations that surround Israel. A view that will culminate in Russia and those Muslim nations invading Israel. Where they will run head first into God. He is now in charge of Israel's defense. As hard as the invaders try to remove the Jews, as phony as the peace treaty that Israel will sign is, as many Jews as they kill, Israel will never cease to exist. The very book that you quote says so in no uncertain terms.....

In fact, God will mark 144,000 of them, representing the twelve tribes, that no man can kill, to ensure it. He is going to bring all nations to Israel's doorstep and then drive them all back Himself so there will be no doubt about who the victor is. Do you have any idea where those refugee squatters are from? Israel. They lived in peace with and IN Israel until the Muslim countries told them to get out of Israel because they were about to invade Israel. The Jews asked them to stay and continue living and working in peace together. They refused the offer and then were denied entrance into the Muslim countries that made them refugees. They are a political pawn used against Israel to shrink her borders.
Rev. and Daniel explain it all. If you want to know who wins this battle, Jesus, the Jewish Rabbi, will set up His Kingdom in Jewish Jerusalem. And true to His loving character, He will bless Israel and those that surround her, and remove the hate. There is a crown for praying this:
Marana-tha. Sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
"You don't see it because of Israel's defense system, "

The Israelis are protected by the defence system so we will blow up some innocents instead to make them stop?
Fantastic PR there Israel!
But wait what does it matter what the world thinks, we are god's people and millions still believe that!

Yet we are all supposed to be god's children? Where is this overlord hiding?
Too many people believing medieval bullcrap to put a stop to it all.
Sorry but if you support the commandments that say thou shalt not kill, you should have no allegiance with what the Israelis are doing!

I grow my full beard once a year because it gets cold in Denver. I always have a goatee though. No religious connotations attached.

We have a place in Cripple Creek, and it surely does get cold. But oh that view. I love Colorado.
My husband has a short beard, and I love it too. I haven't seen him without it since his Air Force days. :)

Have never been to Cripple Creek. I like the name though. I'll start re-growing the aging, grey beard come October.

My old college tutor always said, why cultivate on your face what grows wild round your arse?
I will go have a shave in support of the innocent children slaughtered by the Israelis.

And I will shave in honor of all the women and children the Muslims have slaughtered, and those they continue to slaughter to this day.

The Israelis are protected by the defence system so we will blow up some innocents instead to make them stop?
But wait what does it matter what the world thinks, we are god's people and millions still believe that!

Sorry but if you support the commandments that say thou shalt not kill, you should have no allegiance with what the Israelis are doing!

So attempted murder is NOT a crime.

Ok, so you side with the terrorists. You want the land called Israel. Tell me what you think will happen if Israel gives you what you want.
The result would be an Israel that is 8 miles wide and a terrorist organization in charge of Israel's capital.

That would be the equivalent of giving Hitler half of Washington DC and inviting His troops to settle into Virginia.

I have a better idea. Stop attacking Israel, and they won't keep attacking you back. They have a defense system for a reason. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back