🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Some Of Donald Trump's Strongest Defenders Are Turning Against Him

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Ann Coulter called Trump “mental” for going after Ted Cruz’s wife.

Several of Donald Trump’s most vocal defenders are criticizing the GOP front-runner as his pattern of sexism becomes undeniably clear.

The tide began to shift last week, after Trump threatened to “spill the beans” on Ted Cruz’s wife, Heidi, and later retweeted a meme comparing Heidi Cruz’s appearance to his wife, Melania, who is a former model.

Then, in a Monday interview, Trump claimed his repeated disparaging comments about women — often about their appearance — were jokes. The next day, Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski was charged with allegedly assaulting reporter Michelle Fields, prompting Trump to engage in some textbook victim-blaming. And on Wednesday, he floated “punishment” for women who have abortions. (He quickly backtracked on the remarks, suggesting doctors should be punished instead.)

It’s become too much for some of Trump’s staunchest allies.

More: Some Of Donald Trump's Strongest Defenders Are Turning Against Him

It's about time! Better late than never, I guess. Trump's political future does not look bright.

tumblr_inline_o4vh295ohz1tdop5d_540.gif

“In public life, some things may be interesting, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re important,” Hart said, decrying a process that he said reduced reporters to hunters and candidates to the hunted.

“And then after all that, ponderous pundits wonder in mock seriousness why some of the best people in this country choose not to run for high office,” Hart went on. “Now I want those talented people who supported me to insist that this system be changed. Too much of it is just a mockery. And if it continues to destroy people’s integrity and honor, then that system will eventually destroy itself.

“Politics in this country, take it from me, is on the verge of becoming another form of athletic competition or sporting match.”

He closed by paraphrasing his idol, Thomas Jefferson: “I tremble for my country when I think we may in fact get the kind of leaders we deserve.”

Are we getting the leaders we deserve?

Forum List

Back