🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's first 100 days: Expand the Supreme Court

Under the reasonable assumption that Trump wins, and has enough tail to take the senate…

The very first item on his legislative agenda should be an expansion of the Supreme Court.
Liberals have been screaming for it since the McConnell gambit, and have been standing up to scream it since Dobbs.
No reason he cannot give it to them.

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea - with ever fiber of their being.
He should write a bill that makes it a law that the SVC will forever be limited to 9. If they refuse to vote for it, we expand the SC. :dunno:

More personal stuff. Yuck.

I don't know what you get out of that. But if it helps a bit with your self esteem, that's fine.
I do not need help with self esteem. Very telling that you bring it up. Never too late to face your problems.

I could see Trump doing that, and pretty much all historical parallels would fall into place.

Maybe I missed it, but has he ever said he wanted to do that? In any event, even if he wanted to he isn't going to be able to do that. Even if the GOP takes the Senate in November, there ain't enough votes to do that.

Let's be honest, Trump and Biden have both said some crap that will never happen, because the filibuster in the Senate prevents most of the crazy stuff from getting done. Even if the GOP gets a 60-vote majority (which I doubt), I don't believe they would give Trump everything he wants to do. I can't say the same for the democrats, they already tried once to abolish the filibuster and I think will try again when they get the votes, plus the House and a dem president. And I think every American voter ought to think long and hard about that. IMHO, it isn't Trump and the GOP that is the bigger threat to democracy, it's the democratic party.

Under the reasonable assumption that Trump wins, and has enough tail to take the senate…

The very first item on his legislative agenda should be an expansion of the Supreme Court.
Liberals have been screaming for it since the McConnell gambit, and have been standing up to scream it since Dobbs.
No reason he cannot give it to them.

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea - with ever fiber of their being.
No. For the exact same reasons Biden shouldnt do it.

Forum List

Back