Son-in-law charged in TN mail bomb

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
This is horrible.

Tennessee man charged with planting bomb that blew up his in-laws - NY Daily News

The son-in-law of an elderly Tennessee couple planted a powerful bomb in their mailbox that killed them both, authorities announced Thursday.

Richard Parker, 49, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and is being held on $1 million bond.

He is accused of leaving the bomb outside Marion and Jon Setzer's home in rural Lebanon, Tenn. Parker lives in ahome behind the site of the blast, and shared a driveway with the in-laws he allegedly blew up.

Jon Setzer, 74, picked up the package Monday from his mailbox about 200 yards from his home, authorities said. He was opening the package and walking in his house when it exploded, blowing out windows and critically wounding his 72-year-old wife, authorities said.

My guess would be it's over money - but won't know anything until the trial.

Shrug. Just because a bomb was used instead of a gun doesn't make it more than another fratricide sorta crime. Imagine they happen every day.

It's sad that sometimes it has to come to this.

I'm grateful that my wife agreed to move over a thousand miles away from her family.
They came to visit once and have never come back.
If I'm home alone and they call I don't answer the phone.

I haven't spoken to any of them in almost 10 years.

Much more peaceful that way.

• Banned

I'm grateful that my wife agreed to move over a thousand miles away from her family.

Yeah. I had to do the estrangement thing as well.

I cant imagine that. I love my inlaws. My mother in law is like a second mom and my father in law is like a second dad.

I cant imagine that. I love my inlaws. My mother in law is like a second mom and my father in law is like a second dad.

I married an orphan. :thup:

You're lucky. My father wants my wife dead.

Forum List

Back