Songs/Lyrics That Give You the Chills

Ode to Billy Joe:

From the Internet: "we are destined to follow along as everyone discusses why Billie Joe jumped, but no one has a straightforward answer. The only clue is that the local pastor saw someone who looked just like the narrator with Billie Joe, tossing something off the bridge. The most likely and saddest theory is that it was a stillborn baby, and Billie Joe’s guilt over that death leads him to make his fatal dive."

Wonderful as a song, and creepy as anything by Edgar Allen Poe.

Dave Letterman described The Walkmen's "The Rat" this way when they played it on his show: "right down your spine that stuff! you put that on first thing in the morning when you're trying to wake up! woah!"

You've got a nerve to be asking a favor
You've got a nerve to be calling my number
I know we've been through this before
Can't you hear me? I'm calling out your name
Can't you see me? I'm pounding on your door
Can't you hear me? I'm bleeding on the wall
Can't you hear me when I'm calling out your name?
When I used to go out, I would know everyone that I saw
Now I go out alone if I go out at all
When I used to go out I'd know everyone I saw
When I used to go out I'd know everyone I saw
I'm sure we've been through this before
Can't you hear me? I'm beating on your wall

They don't do them like these any more.
For sure. Too many movies these days have little character development, sloppy direction, weak or indiscernable story lines, and cover that with lots of gratuitous profanity, violence, sex and special effects. So I go back to old movies to lose myself in.

And too much modern music is just noise, vocal acrobatics, rarely any discernable tune that leaves you humming it after you hear it, unimaginative repetitive lyrics.

So I go back a couple of decades or more for great orchestration, meaningful lyrics, wonderful melodies that stay in your head seemingly forever.

this song gives me goosebumps more than any other song ever made,My favorite of the eagles,when i was little growing up,i used to play this song over and over again and again it was so touching,. i saw the eagles in concert recently.had they just played this song like 20 times in a row and not played any of the others,i would have been thrilled.

The Great Gig in the Sky.
No lyrics, but the haunting vocalizations and moody piano really do it for me. Immediately after the song Time this track is the perfect follow up.

This is a Tribute Band but this young lady's voice on this makes chills run up and down my back. They are a talented group.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back