Soros Shorts Everything

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
What a flying turdball. He sponsors trouble making all over the planet and then shorts the global markets.

What a freaking piece of shyte.

He should be arrested, his property seized and tarred and feathered the bastard.

A Bearish George Soros Is Trading Again

Worried about the outlook for the global economy and concerned that large market shifts may be at hand, the billionaire hedge-fund founder and philanthropist recently directed a series of big, bearish investments, according to people close to the matter.

Soros Fund Management LLC, which manages $30 billion for Mr. Soros and his family, sold stocks and bought gold and shares of gold miners, anticipating weakness in various markets. Investors often view gold as a haven during times of turmoil.

The moves are a significant shift for Mr. Soros, who earned fame with a bet against the British pound in 1992, a trade that led to $1 billon of profits. In recent years, the 85-year-old billionaire has focused on public policy and philanthropy. He is also a large contributor to the super PAC backing presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and has donated to other groups supporting Democrats.

Yeah Soros made his billion by shorting the Pound then spreading false rumors about it to make it go down, plain old criminal currency manipulation.

He should be in prison.

Last edited:
Yeah Soros made his billion by shorting the Pound then spreading false rumors about it to make it go down, plain old criminal currency manipulation.

He wasn't spreading false rumours.

That's horseshit.

People who tell you that don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Soros was right.

And his breaking the pound out of the EMU helped the British economy.

That's horseshit.

Soros was right.

Waiting, El Toro...........tell me about the greatness of the Fed bank, their member banks, fractional reserve lending...the Promissory note,etc, etc.......

That's horseshit.

Soros was right.

Soros shorted over $10 billion pounds then spread his rumors just before, efectively dumping 10 billion pounds all at once and drove the pound into the dirt. A responsible investor would have slowly sold it in order to keep the value of his holdings up, but since Soros had a short position, he was happy to destroy the pound by dumping all that money at once.

And that is not the only country whose currency he has attacked.

George Soros: Top 10 Reasons He Is Dangerous | Human Events

9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation’s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an “economic war criminal.” Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.

George Soros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dislike Soros but I respect his ability to generate crises and profit from them. Watching him I'm walking away from stocks and buying foreign currencies but not gold which government confiscated once and may well be in a mood to do it again. No, I'm not gonna tell you which currencies; up to you to do your own research. OK, I may lose in the end but it's all have-fun money. I've done this twice in the past and won big both times. Always the chance this one could run bad but then I have the emotional stability to balance any possible loss against past profits. It's like play money beyond some point. Something you minimum-wage liberals will find beyond comprehension - but then there is so much you cannot comprehend....

I dislike Soros but I respect his ability to generate crises and profit from them. Watching him I'm walking away from stocks and buying foreign currencies but not gold which government confiscated once and may well be in a mood to do it again. No, I'm not gonna tell you which currencies; up to you to do your own research. OK, I may lose in the end but it's all have-fun money. I've done this twice in the past and won big both times. Always the chance this one could run bad but then I have the emotional stability to balance any possible loss against past profits. It's like play money beyond some point. Something you minimum-wage liberals will find beyond comprehension - but then there is so much you cannot comprehend....

Manipulating currencies though to profit from the devaluation is criminal or should be.

I think I read somewhere that there are countries with arrest warrants for Soros.

Manipulating currencies though to profit from the devaluation is criminal or should be.

I think I read somewhere that there are countries with arrest warrants for Soros.
How about businesses that deal with China?
Are they aiding and abetting Currency Manipulation?

How about businesses that deal with China?
Are they aiding and abetting Currency Manipulation?
I know that many of them engage in currency-labor arbitrage, but I had not thought of it as a form of currency manipulation itself.

The chicoms hate currency manipulators and go after anyone manipulating the Yaun with a vengeance.

What a flying turdball. He sponsors trouble making all over the planet and then shorts the global markets.

What a freaking piece of shyte.

He should be arrested, his property seized and tarred and feathered the bastard.

A Bearish George Soros Is Trading Again

Worried about the outlook for the global economy and concerned that large market shifts may be at hand, the billionaire hedge-fund founder and philanthropist recently directed a series of big, bearish investments, according to people close to the matter.

Soros Fund Management LLC, which manages $30 billion for Mr. Soros and his family, sold stocks and bought gold and shares of gold miners, anticipating weakness in various markets. Investors often view gold as a haven during times of turmoil.

The moves are a significant shift for Mr. Soros, who earned fame with a bet against the British pound in 1992, a trade that led to $1 billon of profits. In recent years, the 85-year-old billionaire has focused on public policy and philanthropy. He is also a large contributor to the super PAC backing presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and has donated to other groups supporting Democrats.

He should be in prison.
funny you should bring this up. They are talking about this very same thing over at the byu cougarboard.
George Soros increasing his activity. Wonder what it means?
(posted from a tablet)
The Wall Street Joural is reporting that his increased level of personal involvement in his investments is similar to moves he made prior to the housing bubble collapse in 2007-2008. Of course no one can really predict the market, but I wonder how much financial influence he is able to exert to further his financial objectives?

http://on.wsj.com/1taZ66v

Soros shorted over $10 billion pounds then spread his rumors just before, efectively dumping 10 billion pounds all at once and drove the pound into the dirt. A responsible investor would have slowly sold it in order to keep the value of his holdings up, but since Soros had a short position, he was happy to destroy the pound by dumping all that money at once.

George Soros - or any investor - cannot "destroy the pound." The government certainly can, though.

The UK had entered the pound into the European Exchange Rate Mechanism at a price that was too high to the Deutschemark. That made British goods uncompetitive and was causing unemployment to rise and economic growth to slow. John Major had staked his reputation on the stability of the pound and wouldn't devalue. So Soros devalued it for them. The pound fell and British growth picked up. What Soros did was good for the British economy, not bad. The British government was damaging the British economy.

The reason why Soros - or any investor - cannot destroy the pound is because if the market believes that Soros is wrong, it will take the opposite side of Soros's trade. In fact, traders don't like to bet against central banks. If enough investors thought that the British government was right, they would backed the British government. But they didn't. And not only did the pound break the ERM bands, it traded lower all year against the DM. Had Soros been wrong, the pound would have gone back to its level in the ERM. But it didn't. Soros was right. The British government was wrong. The British people owe George Soros a massive thank you. £1,000,000,000 is a small price to pay for accelerated economic growth and falling unemployment.

As for the Malaysian Prime Minister, it was he and his ilk that caused the Asian Financial Crisis. He can't blame himself, so he has to blame evil, foreign speculators. Those Asian countries had all pegged their currencies against the dollar to they could borrow at cheaper rates, which caused a boom and unsustainable current account deficits. They should have let their currencies float, which would ironed out many of their problems, but they didn't because they were addicted to cheap debt from abroad. Because of their imbalances, traders - and not just Soros - started to bet against them. And again, the market won.

Had governments ran responsible policies and had not pegged their currencies and allowed them to float, neither would have happened, and you wouldn't know who George Soros is today. What Soros and traders did was a victory for markets and a loss for government intervention.

I dislike Soros but I respect his ability to generate crises and profit from them.

And the human part of the story? All the people who suffer when their economy takes a blow? You've no problem with that at all?

If he's effectively declaring economic war against entire countries for personal profit, then Interpol or the mafia should simply make quick work of him. Problems this huge often rattle people and make them freeze up. When really, they're quite easy to solve. Put out a warrant for his arrest. I'm sure he broke some law in England doing what he did to the British pound.

It`s pretty hard to keep up with the bogeyman of the day for these people. Tomorrow it could be Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Yeah, just like the New York Times kept telling everyone that Stalin, Mao and Castro were only boogeymen to conservatives, which of course is true sense liberals are demonstrably comfortable with leftwing dictators until those dictators come around for them, that is. Then it is "Well I have been warning about him for years now..."

George Soros - or any investor - cannot "destroy the pound." The government certainly can, though.

The UK had entered the pound into the European Exchange Rate Mechanism at a price that was too high to the Deutschemark. That made British goods uncompetitive and was causing unemployment to rise and economic growth to slow. John Major had staked his reputation on the stability of the pound and wouldn't devalue. So Soros devalued it for them. The pound fell and British growth picked up. What Soros did was good for the British economy, not bad. The British government was damaging the British economy.

The reason why Soros - or any investor - cannot destroy the pound is because if the market believes that Soros is wrong, it will take the opposite side of Soros's trade. In fact, traders don't like to bet against central banks. If enough investors thought that the British government was right, they would backed the British government. But they didn't. And not only did the pound break the ERM bands, it traded lower all year against the DM. Had Soros been wrong, the pound would have gone back to its level in the ERM. But it didn't. Soros was right. The British government was wrong. The British people owe George Soros a massive thank you. £1,000,000,000 is a small price to pay for accelerated economic growth and falling unemployment.

As for the Malaysian Prime Minister, it was he and his ilk that caused the Asian Financial Crisis. He can't blame himself, so he has to blame evil, foreign speculators. Those Asian countries had all pegged their currencies against the dollar to they could borrow at cheaper rates, which caused a boom and unsustainable current account deficits. They should have let their currencies float, which would ironed out many of their problems, but they didn't because they were addicted to cheap debt from abroad. Because of their imbalances, traders - and not just Soros - started to bet against them. And again, the market won.

Had governments ran responsible policies and had not pegged their currencies and allowed them to float, neither would have happened, and you wouldn't know who George Soros is today. What Soros and traders did was a victory for markets and a loss for government intervention.
The evidence proves you wrong, dude, but dont let that stop you from spinning your perfect market efficiency horse shit.

Forum List

Back