Source to JPost: Egypt 'caves' to Israeli pressure, pulling UN resolution

Egypt was afraid of retaliation, which Israel is good at. So they can just go ahead and keep stealing land and kicking Palestinians out . What a sad world we live in.
Yep! Lavon Affair - Wikipedia No doubt another part of history our resident Jew lovers know NOTHING about and probably don't care. They swallow the Jew load entirely.

We do as you have spammed and trolled the board with it for the last 6 months. And yiu still have not come up with anything other than a wiki entry edited by islamonazi cyber terrorists for all the good it did.

No, the question is, how would not building in Judea and Samaria bring a two state solution closer?

The answer is nothing could bring a two state solution closer because there is no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel.

I also do not believe a two-state solution is possible to achieve, for different reasons than you, but the U.S. and the EU keep claiming that they support a two-state solution. So, how can building more settlements possibly make the two-state solution easier to achieve.
Since we both agree it is impossible, Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are irrelevant to the issue. It's like asking how will eating pancakes help me win the lottery?

I don't think you understand the point. While I believe the two-state solution is not possible, the U.S., the EU and the UN claim to support it as the only route to peace and the continued existence of Israel as a Jewish state. So, unless the parties have changed their support to a one-state solution, I don't understand why those same parties would want to support the building of more settlements.
Well, the US has changed its position on a two state solution, and a one state solution is a non starter, with the incoming Trump administration, but even if it hadn't, there is no logical connection between Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria and a final status agreement. They are simply irrelevant to any path to peace.

There is only a one state solution now. Whether the Jews implement Apartheid or perform ethnic cleansing of non-Jews is up to them.

No there is the original two state solution that means the arab muslims migrate to Jordan or go back to where they came from. Those willing to accept citizenship under the UN resolutions can stay and become full citizens. Thus proving your genocide/ethnic cleaning and apartheid a fallacy and a monte LIE

What slogans? Just fact. You can't believe that keeping millions of people under military occupation for the long term will work.
Millions of people are not under military occupation. There you go again, just drooling out slogans without giving any thought to the facts.

What do you call Israeli rule over the occupied territories? Civil occupation? LOL

No military occupation under the terms of INTERNATIONAL LAWS

It's fascinating to watch the Kabuki. The U.S. doesn't want to be seen vetoing the resolution, so they blackmail Egypt.

The question is, how does the green light to more settlement building do anything but bring the one-state solution closer to fruition?
No, the question is, how would not building in Judea and Samaria bring a two state solution closer?

The answer is nothing could bring a two state solution closer because there is no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel.

I also do not believe a two-state solution is possible to achieve, for different reasons than you, but the U.S. and the EU keep claiming that they support a two-state solution. So, how can building more settlements possibly make the two-state solution easier to achieve.
Since we both agree it is impossible, Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are irrelevant to the issue. It's like asking how will eating pancakes help me win the lottery?

If two state solution is impossible then what do you propose?

The 1923 two state solution that was implemented in full, including the arab muslim part of international law that banned Jews from arab lands on pain of death.

What a sad world we live in

Sucks to be you .. the world I live in is FABULOUS!

dancing-jews.gif

No it would suck to be you.

I don't think you understand the point. While I believe the two-state solution is not possible, the U.S., the EU and the UN claim to support it as the only route to peace and the continued existence of Israel as a Jewish state. So, unless the parties have changed their support to a one-state solution, I don't understand why those same parties would want to support the building of more settlements.
Well, the US has changed its position on a two state solution, and a one state solution is a non starter, with the incoming Trump administration, but even if it hadn't, there is no logical connection between Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria and a final status agreement. They are simply irrelevant to any path to peace.

There is only a one state solution now. Whether the Jews implement Apartheid or perform ethnic cleansing of non-Jews is up to them.

They have been doing it slowly.

They have been doing it slowly.

So slowly that in 2 years the arabs will be in a position to get another 2000 terrorists killed in the name of arab nationalism

Oh! I see what you did there. Very clever retort. Oscar Wilde has some competition I see.

Oh! I see what you did there. Very clever retort. Oscar Wilde has some competition I see.

Yes I am not a jew and I do not worship one or any, and their being the chosen is utter BS.

Yes it is as you islamonazi scum have stolen that as well, then try to hide it by claiming the Jews say this all the time. A pity that not one Jew on this board or any other has stated they are the chosen ones

It's fascinating to watch the Kabuki. The U.S. doesn't want to be seen vetoing the resolution, so they blackmail Egypt.

The question is, how does the green light to more settlement building do anything but bring the one-state solution closer to fruition?

The 1923 two state solution that was implemented in full, including the arab muslim part of international law that banned Jews from arab lands on pain of death.

Why in the hell would you support THAT?

WHY NOT YOU DO as this is what the arab muslims forced through the LoN when trans Jordan was created under the same treaty as the Jewish national home. The other part of the law said that the arab muslims were not allowed to set up home in the Jewish national home and had their own lands to the east of the Jordan.

ONCE AGAIN ISRAEL COMPLIES WITH INTERNATIONAL LAWS AND THE ARAB MUSLIMS FLOUT THEM. NO JEWS IN JORDAN

WHY NOT YOU DO as this is what the arab muslims forced through the LoN when trans Jordan was created under the same treaty as the Jewish national home. The other part of the law said that the arab muslims were not allowed to set up home in the Jewish national home and had their own lands to the east of the Jordan.

ONCE AGAIN ISRAEL COMPLIES WITH INTERNATIONAL LAWS AND THE ARAB MUSLIMS FLOUT THEM. NO JEWS IN JORDAN

I'm not sure what the hell that has to do with the conversation.

Plain and simple - I support the right of two people's self determination, with negotiated borders and no forced mass population transfers, and equal rights for all citizens.

Plain and simple - I support the right of two people's self determination, with negotiated borders and no forced mass population transfers, and equal rights for all citizens.
But since the Palestinians do not have a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel, none of that is possible.

But since the Palestinians do not have a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel, none of that is possible.

There are a lot of reasons that make it less than possible:
Israel needs to have a negotiating partner that can speak for all Palestinians
Israel needs to halt the settlement building
Palestinians need to halt terrorist acts AND take responsibility for the criminals on their side
Both sides will need to sit down, put ALL cards on the table, and deal.

Palestinians need to halt terrorist acts AND take responsibility for the criminals on their side
Israel's communties in Judea and Samaria collectively take up less that 2% of the land, so if there is peace, these are no obstacles to a Palestinians state, but if there is no peace, there will be no Palestinian state.

So before meaningful negotiations about a final status agreement can begin, the Palestinians must form a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel, and there is no possibility that will happen in the foreseeable future, meaning there is no possibility there will be a Palestinian state in the foreseeable future.

Therefore if you are interested in the welfare of the Palestinians as people, as opposed to a people, you will support negotiations about how to deal with their problems within the context of the status quo rather than give them false hope of something that cannot happen.

Israel's communties in Judea and Samaria collectively take up less that 2% of the land, so if there is peace, these are no obstacles to a Palestinians state, but if there is no peace, there will be no Palestinian state.

If you look at a map...it doesn't look like there are no obstacles - you can't create a viable and secure country that looks like swiss cheese. The more settlements there are, the harder it will be to create a coherent area. I think settlements are an obstacle to PEACE - one of many.

So before meaningful negotiations about a final status agreement can begin, the Palestinians must form a government that can credibly offer peace to Israel, and there is no possibility that will happen in the foreseeable future, meaning there is no possibility there will be a Palestinian state in the foreseeable future.

Agree, but about the need, but I'm not sure that it will not happen in the foreseeable future.

Therefore if you are interested in the welfare of the Palestinians as people, as opposed to a people, you will support negotiations about how to deal with their problems within the context of the status quo rather than give them false hope of something that cannot happen.

What sort of scenario do you invision here?

It is a sad day, but Israel will prosper with or without any UN warning or decision. Our love and support with the brothers and sisters in Judea and Samaria.

Forum List

Back