'Spartacus' Loses In 'The Arena'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Cory Booker schooled by Kavanaugh replacement pick after question on ‘LGBTQ law clerks’

Something about judicial confirmation hearings seems to trip up Sen. Cory Booker -- who got corrected by a high-profile nominee on Tuesday during a heated exchange about diversity on her staff.

Booker made headlines last September for cheekily declaring his “I am Spartacus” moment as he moved to release sensitive documents during now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s hearing, only to be told they weren't so sensitive after all. On Tuesday, the New Jersey Democratic senator tried to turn up the heat once again while grilling Neomi Rao, the nominee to replace Kavanaugh on the U.S. Court of Appeals for D.C., on whether she ever had any LGBTQ law clerks.

The question was part of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate's bid to explore her views on LGBTQ rights, given her past writings – but there was a problem: Rao currently isn’t a judge, and doesn’t have law clerks.

BOOKER:
"Have you ever had any LGBTQ law clerks?"

RAO:
"Senator, I've yet to be a judge. I don't have law clerks."

BOOKER:
Booker didn’t miss a beat, and clarified that he meant “someone working for you.”
*** Rao is currently the head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, a position described as the Trump administration’s “deregulatory czar."

RAO:
“To be honest I don’t know the sexual orientation of my staff. I take people as they come, irrespective of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation. I treat people as individuals.”

Booker would not be denied.....

BOOKER:
'Do you think of gay relationships are 'Immoral'?'

RAO:
"I am not sure the relevance of that"

BOOKER:
"Do you think gay relationships are immoral?"

RAO:
"I do not"

BOOKER:
"Do you believe they are a sin?"

RAO:
"My personal views on any of these subjects are things I would put to one side"

Cory Booker schooled by Kavanaugh replacement pick after question on ‘LGBTQ law clerks’

He sure seem interested in the gay thing??

Thought he had a girlfriend?? LOL

He sure seem interested in the gay thing??
Thought he had a girlfriend?? LOL

Physically / sexually ASSAULTING women does not mean you are sexually attracted to them. Perhaps Spartacus was lashing out during his confusing acceptance of potentially being homosexual. Dunnon, but as you said - He sure seem interested in the gay thing. :p

Forum List

Back