Sports Playing Surfaces

Does anyone have an opinion on major sports changing the size of the playing surface they use? Basketball Courts, Ice Hockey Rinks, Football Fields being the major American Sports with others.
soccer need bigger goals/and or less players/smaller field
..they play so much without much scoring
Fewer players would lead to more goals
But they will never change.
..I remember one World Cup where they played standard game [ an HOUR and a half ] --then OT-still tied 1-1 !!!! 2006 I think
Soccer is like chess. You play not to lose

Makes for a boring game
..as long as you have a good defense, you have a chance to win.....defense= low score

Does anyone have an opinion on major sports changing the size of the playing surface they use? Basketball Courts, Ice Hockey Rinks, Football Fields being the major American Sports with others.
..I remember one World Cup where they played standard game [ an HOUR and a half ] --then OT-still tied 1-1 !!!! 2006 I think

I'd rather watch golf or bowling....
Sockher sucks!!!
....at least in bowling there is usually a winner and they score on every ball

Soccer is like chess. You play not to lose

Makes for a boring game
..as long as you have a good defense, you have a chance to win.....defense= low score
Offense gets the eyeballs, but defense wins championships.

Forum List

Back