Caitlan Clark not chosen for US Olympic team. This is a hard clique to crack apparently.

The drama from Clark will come from the people back in America. All over the internet drama over and over behind Clark, and it will be a distraction.

They may take her as an alternate, but reluctantly! If they leave her here they do not have to deal with the drama from her fanbase. Her fanbase moved from Taylor Swift to Caitlyn Clark. We get it, she's white, she's tall, and she's a good ball player.

The media calling it "Clark and the WNBA" is all kinds of wrong, racist, insensitive, etc... There are so many issues flaring up. White talk radio today spent three hours discussing how privileged Clark must be treated within the WNBA. They even discussed which two players on the Olympic team should be removed in favor of Clark. This is getting so out of hand.

You don't get it. Ms. Clark is a big deal now, now is the time to promote her appearances not in 4-8 years when people might not care about her at all.

In 2028, she may be out of the WNBA completely, and maybe appearing in ladies' wrestling instead. Since pro style ladies wrestling isn't in the Olympics, they'll be screwed completely.
USA basketball has never been great at marketing. The experience argument is two sided. You also can't get experience if you don't get an opportunity at that level. They need to capitalize on this increased viewership.

It's all about typical female emotions going on! The myth is their "sisterhood," but that's for the phony personas they create for family & the Nat'l cameras! Behind the scenes they resent one another w/ jealousy, envy, & outright hate! All you need do is go back to 2016! They selected Trump over Hillary, unable to get past their own animous of another successful woman! I didn't think it possible! Women are always in competition w/ one another over $$, men, school, work, & popularity! IDK why people are surprised that Clark is receiving the typical welcome of a rookie?! It doesn't matter that she's brought more eyeballs to the sport, $$ is up, & they can take charter flights instead of commercial airline fare! When I lived in Sacramento, I traveled a lot in the 90's & ran into our local WNBA team 2 or 3 times over the years! It was pathetic! Caitlin should teach them all a lesson; take a contract abroad & see how the league does w/o her! :p ;):rolleyes::stir::oops:
That's something rarely mentioned. The egos of some of these female players are as big (and at times bigger) than some of the best male players. The jealousy these women have over somebody else getting attention is mind boggling. They don't care about how the WNBA does as a whole. Their screeds are all "what about ME" whining. They should be thankful Clark has boosted the popularity of their sport. But petty jealousy.

Then write to them and tell them.

As of now it just seems like she is problems. You cant bump her, you can't touch her, you cant foul her, you can't block her, etc... It's like she's an oversized kid whom no one is allowed to play competitive ball with.

That seems to be going against reality? She was blindsided and knocked down (dead ball foul), prior to that "closelined" on top of the head (would have ejected any NBA who did that).

The leauges answer to complaints? Welcome to the WNBA little girl. btw, I don't watch it if I don't gamble on it. I heard about it on Sirius....then saw the replays on TV as they showed them over and over.

That seems to be going against reality? She was blindsided and knocked down (dead ball foul), prior to that "closelined" on top of the head (would have ejected any NBA who did that).

The leauges answer to complaints? Welcome to the WNBA little girl. btw, I don't watch it if I don't gamble on it. I heard about it on Sirius....then saw the replays on TV as they showed them over and over.
There is has been more attention that league the last month or so then the total since its founding. Its near totally subsidized to exist.

Forum List

Back