Sports/politics/corporate influence & the media

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

The media is too intrusive and needs to be reigned in.
Media, politics, corporate influence etc... all of it is ruining sports. I get that some corporate influence is unavoidable because of sponsorships but it's time to but the brakes on this nonsense and get some perspective.

I applaud her decision and hope she gets the help she needs and is able to return.

The media is too intrusive and needs to be reigned in.
Media, politics, corporate influence etc... all of it is ruining sports. I get that some corporate influence is unavoidable because of sponsorships but it's time to but the brakes on this nonsense and get some perspective.

I applaud her decision and hope she gets the help she needs and is able to return.

I'm not going to judge her mental state, I don't live in her body.

I do know that tennis is a business and it's not for everyone, it's professional sports. If she doesn't want to make the big money, she has to choose to lose more, or another profession.

The reason winners are paid as they are is due to sponsorship money so it is part of the deal. She should also swear off endorsements as it will only demand more from her, focus on her health for awhile.

That's the reality of the business. It isn't going to change.

Being a pro athlete is like being a film celebrity people will swarm yous and crowd you until you feel overwhelmed(I know I've been there), she needs to take some time off and have counseling or change her profession.

Forum List

Back