Spring and summer dresses and accessories!

Not crazy about the pattern, but I love this dress!

2015-summer-dress-Women-Backless-font-b-Resort-b-font-font-b-Wear-b-font-Beach.jpg

Nice Hat ... :thup:

People say that a short girl should wear longer dresses because it "elongates" your body. I always feel like I'm swimming in long dresses though. Not to mention, I have to go through the trouble of getting them hemmed because they are always way TOO long for me. Lol. I feel cuter and sexier in shorter dresses. Besides I like to show off the legs in the summer.

Speaking of which, I desperately need a tan but decided that maybe it's time to start avoiding the summer because of skin damage. Working at the hospital, I see a lot of people with skin cancer (it's a very, very common problem), and a LOT of older women with sun spots and wrinkles from the sun. A tan looks nice, but the sun (and tanning beds) really damages your skin badly. Maybe I will get a spray tan or something. :eusa_think:
Long dresses really are for taller women with longer legs. Short girls look dumpy in long clothes but I like the look on the right body type. You should stick to shorter hemlines. For sure.

I'm not tall but 5'-5 and I don't like long dresses on me either. Past the knee is okay.

I stick to dresses that are short or just above the knee.

Long dresses really are for taller women with longer legs. Short girls look dumpy in long clothes but I like the look on the right body type. You should stick to shorter hemlines. For sure.

I'm not tall but 5'-5 and I don't like long dresses on me either. Past the knee is okay.

I stick to dresses that are short or just above the knee.

I live in places that are way too hot and humid to worry about stuffing yourself into some clothes.
Loose ... Comfortable (I don't care if it looks frumpy) ... Just as long as the air can flow.

This is not something I would wear at the beach though! :lol:

Perhaps you don't live at or around a beach.
I mean I wouldn't wear it to go lounge in the sun ... But an afternoon wine tasting fundraiser for a local disabled children's school ... It would be great.

This is not something I would wear at the beach though! :lol:

Perhaps you don't live at or around a beach.
I mean I wouldn't wear it to go lounge in the sun ... But an afternoon wine tasting fundraiser for a local disabled children's school ... It would be great.

I live pretty close to many beaches. I'm on the east coast! Lol. It is way too hot to wear a long black gown at the beach in the summertime around here!

I wear a bathing suit or shorts or maybe a cute little sundress to the beach. Not usually evening gowns. :D
I wouldn't either. I'm telling you, cool cotton is my usual attire even for weddings or events in Summer. I can't stand being too hot, once I get somewhere, I don't want to have to leave because I don't feel comfortable.

I wear a bathing suit or shorts or maybe a cute little sundress to the beach. Not usually evening gowns. :D

I hear ya .. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Of course it may not be cute or sexy ... But 8 out 10 times I go to the beach this is what I am wearing.
But I don't really go to lounge around and look one way or another.

Last edited:
I wouldn't either. I'm telling you, cool cotton is my usual attire even for weddings or events in Summer. I can't stand being too hot, once I get somewhere, I don't want to have to leave because I don't feel comfortable.

It gets really, really humid here in the summer.

Forum List

Back