Stealing America blind

Donald Trump is continuing to hammer Harley-Davidson over the motorcycle company’s plans to relocate some production overseas to dodge European tariffs triggered by the president’s trade war. What Trump isn’t mentioning is that the president and his family own businesses abroad and that most Trump products are produced in foreign factories.

During a GOP primary debate before the presidential election, Trump was challenged on outsourcing products overseas. He defended the practice then, arguing: “We’re allowed to do it” — as is Harley-Davidson. “So I will take advantage of it,” he added. In a unit of “study” in the now-defunct Trump University, Trump wrote that outsourcing jobs is sometimes a “necessary step.” (Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle fraud claims against his “university.”)

But the president again slammed the Wisconsin motorcycle company on a Fox News program Sunday, saying the company will take a “big hit” from consumers angry that an American company is moving some of its production abroad.

“Everybody who ever bought a Harley-Davidson voted for Trump ... and they are very unhappy about it,” Trump said. He added that the company “shouldn’t play cute.” He accused Harley-Davidson on Twitter earlier in the week: “They surrendered, they quit! The aura will be gone.”

An ad by Hillary Clinton during the presidential campaign attacked Trump for outsourcing manufacturing to 12 different countries. An investigation by The Washington Post confirmed that. Import records revealed that Trump shirts, suits, sports coats, eyeglasses, home goods — such as furniture, lighting fixtures and mirrors — and hotel amenities including shampoo, towels and laundry bags were all made abroad. Factories used are located in China, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea, among others.

When Trump hosted his “Made in America” week at the White House last year, he was slammed for hypocrisy. “Instead of lecturing us, Trump should try setting an example,” said a statement from the Democratic National Committee.

dims
I don't think Trump is stealing them blind on tariffs. I think he is wrong, and SE Cup is wright, that America will get hammered with Trump's tariffs. But in 1980, Ted and the liberal wing of the dems might have been for it too.

Actually I thought the thread would be on Trump's biz of making personal money off of the WH. But after the Clintons, I think people are pretty immune.

Edit, I did see a TrumpyBear commercial on the Grit tv channel this weekend, when I was watching an old Audie Murphy western, and I laughed my ass off. I also saw a Pat Boone commercial for a walk in bathtub with a heated seat .... I saw no humor in that because I may soon need one.

Donald Trump is continuing to hammer Harley-Davidson over the motorcycle company’s plans to relocate some production overseas to dodge European tariffs triggered by the president’s trade war. What Trump isn’t mentioning is that the president and his family own businesses abroad and that most Trump products are produced in foreign factories.

During a GOP primary debate before the presidential election, Trump was challenged on outsourcing products overseas. He defended the practice then, arguing: “We’re allowed to do it” — as is Harley-Davidson. “So I will take advantage of it,” he added. In a unit of “study” in the now-defunct Trump University, Trump wrote that outsourcing jobs is sometimes a “necessary step.” (Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle fraud claims against his “university.”)

But the president again slammed the Wisconsin motorcycle company on a Fox News program Sunday, saying the company will take a “big hit” from consumers angry that an American company is moving some of its production abroad.

“Everybody who ever bought a Harley-Davidson voted for Trump ... and they are very unhappy about it,” Trump said. He added that the company “shouldn’t play cute.” He accused Harley-Davidson on Twitter earlier in the week: “They surrendered, they quit! The aura will be gone.”

An ad by Hillary Clinton during the presidential campaign attacked Trump for outsourcing manufacturing to 12 different countries. An investigation by The Washington Post confirmed that. Import records revealed that Trump shirts, suits, sports coats, eyeglasses, home goods — such as furniture, lighting fixtures and mirrors — and hotel amenities including shampoo, towels and laundry bags were all made abroad. Factories used are located in China, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam and South Korea, among others.

When Trump hosted his “Made in America” week at the White House last year, he was slammed for hypocrisy. “Instead of lecturing us, Trump should try setting an example,” said a statement from the Democratic National Committee.

dims
I don't think Trump is stealing them blind on tariffs. I think he is wrong, and SE Cup is wright, that America will get hammered with Trump's tariffs. But in 1980, Ted and the liberal wing of the dems might have been for it too.

Actually I thought the thread would be on Trump's biz of making personal money off of the WH. But after the Clintons, I think people are pretty immune.

Edit, I did see a TrumpyBear commercial on the Grit tv channel this weekend, when I was watching an old Audie Murphy western, and I laughed my ass off. I also saw a Pat Boone commercial for a walk in bathtub with a heated seat .... I saw no humor in that because I may soon need one.
Trumpy bear was funny Thinking of getting one take the flag off and hang him from my front porch

dims
What you morons fail to understand , This Harley Davidson move was already decided way before Trumps Tariffs or anything that had to do with Trump.

Do you really think they want the truth??

I sure don't. They prefer to say its Trumps fault.

Of course if Barry were still POTUS they wouldn't be saying a word. LOL

dims

Trumpy bear was funny Thinking of getting one take the flag off and hang him from my front porch
by his neck. LOL

I loved the old white biker guy who said Trump bear went everywhere with him. LOL

dims

by his neck. LOL

I loved the old white biker guy who said Trump bear went everywhere with him. LOL
Wonder if ol trumpy bear with the flag wrapped around him is made in the USA ?

Trump is our duly elected president, and all loyal and patriotic American citizens should support him and the wonderful things he is doing for the country and people. .... :thup:

Loyal and patriotic citizens need to support the rule of law and not blindly support those elected and appointed officials who engage in malfeasance, misfeasance and non feasance.

Loyal and patriotic citizens need to support the rule of law and not blindly support those elected and appointed officials who engage in malfeasance, misfeasance and non feasance.
I agree with that. And thankfully we have an honest president who is beyond reproach. ... :thup:

Whose "We"? My president is a lying dishonest ne'er do well!

dims
What you morons fail to understand , This Harley Davidson move was already decided way before Trumps Tariffs or anything that had to do with Trump.

So, what does truth have to do with liberal propaganda?

I agree with that. And thankfully we have an honest president who is beyond reproach. ... :thup:

Whose "We"? My president is a lying dishonest ne'er do well!

Fortunately America doesn't need your kind to be successful so drown in your pity pool for all we care.

But trade wars are easy to win says the moron in our WH
It isn't about wining anything.

It's about renegotiating with other countries to secure a better deal for our country. .... :cool:

Brinkmanship and bellicose rhetoric is not part of successful negotiations - it is not the art of the deal, it is a fart on the deal.

WRY speaking of farts
Top stories
‘It Stinks’: Anthony Scaramucci and More on Twitter Mock Trump Trade Bill Called the ‘FART Act’
People
3 hours ago
Trump Has a Bill That Would Blow Up the WTO. It’s Called the U.S. FART Act.
NYMag
6 hours ago
Winds of change or more hot air? Twitter responds to Trump's ‘FART Act’
RT.com
3 hours ago
More for fart act
fart act on Twitter
News about fart act on Twitter

Forum List

Back