Stockholm Syndrome

First you said that the reason Enron was not bailed out, is because the other companies lobbied against the Enron bailout.

False.

I stated that Enron's stockholders bailed out. It was a dead company.

Which is it? It can't be both. Either companies prevent bailouts of their competition, or they don't. It can't be both, or whatever answer best fits whatever example I bring up.

Fallacious.

Corporations can do both. Action and inaction are not mutually exclusive in regards to the wider spectrum of examples.

By the way, you are committing way too much proof by example.

But Countrywide wasn't dead at the time. And they did get a bailout. Now they are dead.

And that is relevant how?

A company can still die after receiving a bailout.

Do the big companies own the government, and lobby to prevent themselves being eliminated?

You are treating corporations like a collective entity. They fight amongst themselves through government. There is not some bohemian secret society pulling the strings.

The system can still be bought, and that is my point when I say the government is controlled by corporations.[/QUOTE]

First you said that the reason Enron was not bailed out, is because the other companies lobbied against the Enron bailout.

False.

Which is it? It can't be both. Either companies prevent bailouts of their competition, or they don't. It can't be both, or whatever answer best fits whatever example I bring up.

Fallacious.

Corporations can do both. Action and inaction are not mutually exclusive in regards to the wider spectrum of examples.

By the way, you are committing way too much proof by example.

But Countrywide wasn't dead at the time. And they did get a bailout. Now they are dead.

And that is relevant how?

A company can still die after receiving a bailout.

Do the big companies own the government, and lobby to prevent themselves being eliminated?

You are treating corporations like a collective entity. They fight amongst themselves through government. There is not some bohemian secret society pulling the strings.

The system can still be bought, and that is my point when I say the government is controlled by corporations.
[/QUOTE]
You couldn't be more wrong...

Have you ever been to K Street NW, Washington, DC?

In fact, Al Gore said this during the ballot fight of 2000. Al Gore is reported to have told his own people, that if Bush loses, he'll just go back to his ranch and his companies, and live a peaceful life, but that he himself had no backup.

Except Al Gore was a career politician. He spent relatively 20 years in politics.

This was his life, was running for political office. That's why he fought so bitterly to force a change in the outcome.

The ruling class had different plans for him.

Even they themselves admit some have a full life outside of politics. Bush was famous for telling people who visited the White house, that it was a politics free zone. People who came over to visit, were supposed to 'visit', and not discuss political matters.

You need to look up the definition of a career.

No one with a career works 24/7, because that kind of person does not exist.

You seem to be under the impression that a career politician is someone that is hunched over a bill day and night.

Thug or thugs equals one or more black men from the inner city. The libs are the ones that created that definition. Will they stand by it?

I am talking about the thugs that hide behind this banner

220px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png

And this piece of paper

gty_us_constitution_jef_111215_mn.jpg
The United States Constituon is the greatest secular document ever written.

I disagree.

If anything it is completely worthless, besides establishing a totally ineffective and abusive system of government with many flaws in it.

The Bill of Rights had the potential to be quite powerful (still not the greatest secular document), but it was diluted by association.

In fact, Al Gore said this during the ballot fight of 2000. Al Gore is reported to have told his own people, that if Bush loses, he'll just go back to his ranch and his companies, and live a peaceful life, but that he himself had no backup.

Except Al Gore was a career politician. He spent relatively 20 years in politics.

This was his life, was running for political office. That's why he fought so bitterly to force a change in the outcome.

The ruling class had different plans for him.

Even they themselves admit some have a full life outside of politics. Bush was famous for telling people who visited the White house, that it was a politics free zone. People who came over to visit, were supposed to 'visit', and not discuss political matters.

You need to look up the definition of a career.

No one with a career works 24/7, because that kind of person does not exist.

You seem to be under the impression that a career politician is someone that is hunched over a bill day and night.

Yes Al Gore was a career politicians. You missed the point. Al Gore was saying, GWB was not. That was my point.

LOL.... the ruling class had different plans for him? Prove it.

No, that wasn't my point at all.

I disagree.

If anything it is completely worthless, besides establishing a totally ineffective and abusive system of government with many flaws in it.

The Bill of Rights had the potential to be quite powerful (still not the greatest secular document), but it was diluted by association.

Actually, the bill of rights did the exact opposite. It was what is used today to justify an unlimited government. Man, education in this country sucks.

Yes Al Gore was a career politicians. You missed the point. Al Gore was saying, GWB was not. That was my point.

George W. Bush definitely was. His administration was defined by self serving interests spinned to the general public as being advantageous.

He lost, didn't he?

Actually, the bill of rights did the exact opposite. It was what is used today to justify an unlimited government. Man, education in this country sucks.

Government education always sucks. The drones are worse over in Europe.

George W. Bush definitely was. His administration was defined by self serving interests spinned to the general public as being advantageous.

He lost, didn't he?

LOL..... I knew you were going to say that. "the government controls the weather and punished New York."

Prove it....

"Hurricane Sandy! Proof!"

:alcoholic: Right. So no matter what happens, the "ruling class" is behind it. If someone wins, it's only because they wanted him to win, and if he loses it's because they wanted him to lose.

So basically no evidence can contradict your position, because all evidence is proof of your claim.

In other words, you are exactly the same as the Islamists. Allah is great if they win. Allah is great if they lose. Everything proves Allah is in control.

So no matter what happens, the "ruling class" is behind it.

I never said that.

Please do not strawman.

If someone wins, it's only because they wanted him to win, and if he loses it's because they wanted him to lose.

I already mentioned earlier that this is not the case. The ruling class is not a bohemian secret society.

It is more like a court of very elite and rich individuals who are all ambitious and distrustful of each other. Game of thrones esque politics.

In other words, you are exactly the same as the Islamists. Allah is great if they win. Allah is great if they lose. Everything proves Allah is in control.

The word you are looking for is....

63111155.jpg

Could someone explain why we need to live under a group of abusive thugs in order to avoid being controlled by a group of greater and more abusive thugs?

Re Stockholm Syndrome, my take is, when they rob Peter to pay Paul, they can always count on the support of Paul.

I'm Peter in this little scenario.

We don't "need" to,bput we do because the alternative generally requires courage and a willingness to do what the other guy won't.

Good guys cannot have courage or willpower? There was never a man that came to someones aid during a mugging?

The idea that slaves need a master in order to be safe from another master is broken logic either way.

So no matter what happens, the "ruling class" is behind it.

I never said that.

Please do not strawman.

If someone wins, it's only because they wanted him to win, and if he loses it's because they wanted him to lose.

I already mentioned earlier that this is not the case. The ruling class is not a bohemian secret society.

It is more like a court of very elite and rich individuals who are all ambitious and distrustful of each other. Game of thrones esque politics.

The word you are looking for is....

63111155.jpg

Well I gave you a dozen contradictory example, and you claimed that each contradictory example, proved your point.

I have no other option, but to assume that no matter what example I give, it would be twisted around to support your position somehow.

You can't use a circular example. "Career politicians are the ruling elite." "The Ruling Elite controls everything." But the career politician, which you yourself admit, lost. "But that proves the ruling elite control everything. " But Al Gore was a career politician, and a member of the ruling elite. "But Al Gore lost, so that isn't true".

"Allah is Great." How do you know? "Muhammad said so" But how do you know Muhammad is right? "Because Allah said so". But how do you know? "Because the Quran, which Allah dictated to Muhammad says so". Prove it? "If it wasn't true, they wouldn't have written it".

Same logic.

Well I gave you a dozen contradictory example, and you claimed that each contradictory example, proved your point.

Your examples were mostly invalid and established on false premises.

I have no other option, but to assume that no matter what example I give, it would be twisted around to support your position somehow.

Know why that is possible?

Because I am always right.

False.

You are lying. Stop lying. Enron came to the government, long before it was a dead company, and long before any stockholders bailed out.... which isn't true anyway.

Your examples were mostly invalid and established on false premises.

Know why that is possible?

Because I am always right.

You are just lying now. You know those examples were not invalid, or based on false premises. You have not fallen to simply lying.

Forum List

Back