Student arrested for hanging impeach Obama sign sues police :D

What would happen if we hung a sign that said shoot Obama? Would that get left up there just because of the shear humor of it. You know Hillary would think that is funny to.

You would get a little visit from The Secert Service. Which actually could be fun. Those guys know how to party. lol

Why not? I have a right to speak on any government property.

Sure you do. If you were standing in front of your local court house right now, you'd have an absolute right to say that you want to impeach Obama. However, you would not have a right to affix signs to the exterior court house wall anymore than you have a right to hang signs from the side of my house.

The banner was over a freeway and was distracting,

Showing kids that there is no need for college when you can just sue.
Time to ban highway billboards and other signs, then.

I saw some of those Sky Writing planes , spelling out the words GEICO (auto ins) the other day. Thats pretty damn distracting to motorists as well when their driving and looking up in the sky at the same time. Good thing were all insured.

Arresting him was excessive. That's the problem. At best they should have made him take the signs down if there was a violation, write him a fine, and send him on his way.

You're right. It was excessive. Which leads me to believe there is something more to this story. My hunch is that is was caught by police and instructed to stop, but got an attitude. One thing is for certain, I don't believe for a second that cops are out there and getting bent out of shape because someone is criticizing Obama.

1) Does that freeway have any billboards? Frontage-street businesses with large signs and marquees? If so, this is a bullshit excuse. Frankly, whether it did or not, the fact that most freeways DO have those things without being unbearably distracting to drivers proves this to be the bullshit excuse that it is.

2) It is a complete non sequitur to suggest that availing oneself of the legal system in a case of having one's legal rights violated - which is, after all, the purpose of the legal system - somehow equates to a lack of "need for college", or that attending college somehow equates to shunning appropriate use of the legal system.

Arresting him was excessive. That's the problem. At best they should have made him take the signs down if there was a violation, write him a fine, and send him on his way.

You're right. It was excessive. Which leads me to believe there is something more to this story. My hunch is that is was caught by police and instructed to stop, but got an attitude. One thing is for certain, I don't believe for a second that cops are out there and getting bent out of shape because someone is criticizing Obama.

There may be more to the story, but it's also possible this is just yet another example of over policing that's becoming more common. There used to be a time where you could be in a fight with somebody outside a bar, the cops would come by, break you up, give you a stern talking to, and send you on your way. Now the attitude seems to be arrest everyone for everything.

Highway signs are licensed and far away enough to not distract a driver. Why doesn't the kid buy a billboard and make it legal.

How much do you imagine it costs to rent a billboard, eh numskull?

What would happen if we hung a sign that said shoot Obama? Would that get left up there just because of the shear humor of it. You know Hillary would think that is funny to.

Do you understand the difference between freedom of speech and inciting the commission of a crime?

No, of course you don't. You're a leftist. Distinctions based on common sense and decency are utterly lost on you.

Highway signs are licensed and far away enough to not distract a driver. Why doesn't the kid buy a billboard and make it legal.

Leftists like the idea that freedom of speech is only for those who can pay to use it, or those who have a special claim, like their buddies in the media. The peasantry needs to sit down, shut up, and enjoy their bread and circuses until their betters tell them what to say and when and where they can say it.

He probably broke the law by hanging a highway sign but I have a feeling that if this was a black lives matter sign then nothing would have happened. It's a question of be treated the same by the law and those that enforce it. There is an old saying that justice is blind which means it doesn't care who you are it's going to treat everyone the same. It makes me wonder why modern liberals have abandoned this idea and replaced it with selective enforcement of laws.
obama made sorta that statement in his speech today. And then tied it to the syrian refugees.
Obama made it sound like refugees would be put in internment camps like FDR did.

Maybe it is but they , the billboards get an "OK" from the local authorities. They don't take it on themselves to post it anywhere.
Get a freak'n grip.

Are you a faux news shill or what?
Read about any laws that restrict certain unauthorized billboards or signs.
Try it once.

Freedom of speech, really. I hope someone comes and puts a big banner or billboard

Leftists like the idea that freedom of speech is only for those who can pay to use it, or those who have a special claim, like their buddies in the media. The peasantry needs to sit down, shut up, and enjoy their bread and circuses until their betters tell them what to say and when and where they can say it.
Arrested for an Impeach Obama banner? Sounds Naziesque.

"Student arrested for hanging impeach Obama sign"

Wrong.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct.

And there is no 'evidence' the arrest constituted 'prior restraint,' or intended to 'silence' the student's speech.

Are you a faux news shill or what?
Read about any laws that restrict certain unauthorized billboards or signs.
Try it once.

Freedom of speech, really. I hope someone comes and puts a big banner or billboard

Arrested for an Impeach Obama banner? Sounds Naziesque.

The ones that made the judge convict him? Oh, wait, the judge dismissed the case. It's almost like he didn't do anything illegal, or something.

Furthermore, I'm told that there were several "Impeach Bush" signs hung on overpasses on that same expressway during his term in office, and no one was ever arrested for it.

"Student arrested for hanging impeach Obama sign"

Wrong.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct.

And there is no 'evidence' the arrest constituted 'prior restraint,' or intended to 'silence' the student's speech.

Oh, yes. A popular liberal dodge: we'll just hide it under some other excuse. Redefining things is a leftist talent.

Forum List

Back