Suns get Frank Vogel as new head coach. Now let's see what happens with CP3.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I read Frank Vogel's comments today and he went on and on about Deandre Ayton, so it looks like Ayton is staying. He didn't say much about Chris Paul other than the usual "Great leader, Great QB look forward to working with him". That sounds like a trade to me. Paul is a great player but he's too old, for the last three years in a row his body breaks down in the playoffs. It's not going to happen for him, I just hope to Gawd they don't take Kyree.

I read Frank Vogel's comments today and he went on and on about Deandre Ayton, so it looks like Ayton is staying. He didn't say much about Chris Paul other than the usual "Great leader, Great QB look forward to working with him". That sounds like a trade to me. Paul is a great player but he's too old, for the last three years in a row his body breaks down in the playoffs. It's not going to happen for him, I just hope to Gawd they don't take Kyree.

Some players just aren't meant to win! I've seen a bunch going back to Ewing, Miller, Barkley, Malone, & of course Paul! I appreciate quiet assassins who do the job without pumping up their chests like Duncan, Akeem O., & Curry! Curry's ego was so in check, he turned his team over to Durant! It wasn't enough for him and decided to form his own team in NJ, then traded to Phoenix! He hasn't come close since! KARMA? :dunno: :heehee:

Last edited:
Some players just aren't meant to win! I've seen a bunch going back to Ewing, Miller, Barkley, Malone, & of course Paul! I appreciate quiet assassin who do the job without pumping up their chests like Duncan, Akeem O., & Curry! Curry's ego was so in check, he turned his team over to Durant! It wasn't enough for him and decided to form his own team in NJ, then traded to Phoenix! He hasn't come close since! KARMA? :dunno: :heehee:
You could say the same about James Harden and Russell Westbrook...and I would even put Durant and Kyrie in that category too.

Some players just aren't meant to win! I've seen a bunch going back to Ewing, Miller, Barkley, Malone, & of course Paul! I appreciate quiet assassin who do the job without pumping up their chests like Duncan, Akeem O., & Curry! Curry's ego was so in check, he turned his team over to Durant! It wasn't enough for him and decided to form his own team in NJ, then traded to Phoenix! He hasn't come close since! KARMA? :dunno: hi:heehee:
Durant is a puzzle, I was pretty impressed how quickly he incorporated into the Suns offense. If Vogel can get Ayton's head out of his butt and play to his potential consistently and we get a high level PG the Suns are a legit contender Imo.

You could say the same about James Harden and Russell Westbrook...and I would even put Durant and Kyrie in that category too.

Idiots like Skip Bayless actually said Durant saved Curry! IMO it was the other way around! Durant was lucky he was accepted and won those 2 chp. in Golden State! It was so rude to just walk away thinking he was so great he could win on his own w/ handpicked assistance! What a moron! He could have gone down in history as a true great, but he fk'd it up for himself and his legacy! :stir: :dev3::rolleyes:;)

Idiots like Skip Bayless actually said Durant saved Curry! IMO it was the other way around! Durant was lucky he was accepted and won those 2 chp. in Golden State! It was so rude to just walk away thinking he was so great he could win on his own w/ handpicked assistance! What a moron! He could have gone down in history as a true great, but he fk'd it up for himself and his legacy! :stir: :dev3::rolleyes:;)

GS doesnt win those 2 Chips without Durant. Even Draymon has said so.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GS doesnt win those 2 Chips without Durant. Even Draymon has said so.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even if true, it was still a stupid comment to say from that "hatah" Baseless! He loves churning the pot! :stir:

It's all about ego. Durant has a big one. After his two with GSW, he figured he could manufacture his own. He thought wrong.

Even if true, it was still a stupid comment to say from that "hatah" Baseless! He loves churning the pot! :stir:
You dont think the narrative on both Curry and Lebron is wildly different if LBJ and the Cavs win those 2 rings and Curry and the Warriors dont? That puts Lebron at 6 rings, a threepeat, probably 2 more Finals MVPs. His record in the finals goes for 4-6 to 6-4. Curry only has 2 rings and is 2-4 vs 4-2 in the finals. If Durant stays in OKC with Westbrook and Harden the Warriors might not even make the finals those two years. The dynasty doesnt exist.

You dont think the narrative on both Curry and Lebron is wildly different if LBJ and the Cavs win those 2 rings and Curry and the Warriors dont? That puts Lebron at 6 rings, a threepeat, probably 2 more Finals MVPs. His record in the finals goes for 4-6 to 6-4. Curry only has 2 rings and is 2-4 vs 4-2 in the finals. If Durant stays in OKC with Westbrook and Harden the Warriors might not even make the finals those two years. The dynasty doesnt exist.

You're starting to sound like Skip! He's the KING of what ifs; "we'd be having a different conversation if..!" ;)

You're starting to sound like Skip! He's the KING of what ifs; "we'd be having a different conversation if..!" ;)
Well that's the entire discussion. Acting like Durant going to the Warriors didnt have a profound effect on that franchise and their success and thus the narrative surrounding that franchise and the players on it is silly.

Forum List

Back