Supreme Court Allows Restrictions on Voting by Ex-Felons...big victory for Rowdy Ron DeSantis!

The
The Supreme Court just issued a poll tax.

I don't agree with felons voting ever, but a illegal poll tax???
Agree. Thought it was a state by state thing and no controlling dumb a$$ states, but surprisingly I thought most states had gone that direction or allowed it to be appealed or something, whether White 6 and Bear513 thought it was a good idea or not. Shows where we rate, eh?
What is this about supreme court issuing a poll tax. You got to have that confused, dude. You got a link to that story?

Oddly, I see it the other way. Once they have paid their debt to society, they should be given all rights back. Otherwise, why are we letting them out?
While I understand the reasoning, but still I am aware of the number that go back to commit repeat offences and are against the system that they could not live in without just being an eternal thug and continuing danger to society, I do not feel compelled to give them their vote back to pick leaders that they agree with. Voting was not as important to them as criminal ways, though I have no problem with there being a stringent appeals process and possibly getting the vote back after being out for a number of years.
Felons cannot get a weapons carry license. Do you think that should be restored also?

Oddly, I see it the other way. Once they have paid their debt to society, they should be given all rights back. Otherwise, why are we letting them out?

Moralistic reasoning always fails.

There are way too many clueless people voting. This was never intended. Criminals are a good place to start. Welfare dependent people next for their conflict of interest.

I am a Biden supporter, this go around, but I don't care if felons ever get their right to vote back. If voting was important to them, they should have thought of if before they decided to commit a felony against another United States citizen.

Your candidate will give them that vote....

Not exactly. Went 3rd party last time because both candidates were lying political scum, but seen this one in action and inaction for three years. He's got to go. Joe is basically decent, shares my values and knows how government is supposed to work.

Joe is a corrupt, incompetent politician. He used his political office to make his family rich. He flew his son over to China on Air Force 2 to make a 1.5 billion dollar deal with the Chinese...........He was part of the most corrupt administration in our history and was part of the leadership who used the FBI, CIA, DOJ and State Department to obtain illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump and used those same agencies to arrest and convict Trump associates on false charges....as we now know.

If he shares your values, your values are screwed.

Agree. Thought it was a state by state thing and no controlling dumb a$$ states, but surprisingly I thought most states had gone that direction or allowed it to be appealed or something, whether White 6 and Bear513 thought it was a good idea or not. Shows where we rate, eh?
What is this about supreme court issuing a poll tax. You got to have that confused, dude. You got a link to that story?
It's in the link, they have to finish paying off fines before they can vote .

That's a poll tax

While I understand the reasoning, but still I am aware of the number that go back to commit repeat offences and are against the system that they could not live in without just being an eternal thug and continuing danger to society, I do not feel compelled to give them their vote back to pick leaders that they agree with. Voting was not as important to them as criminal ways, though I have no problem with there being a stringent appeals process and possibly getting the vote back after being out for a number of years.
Felons cannot get a weapons carry license. Do you think that should be restored also?

The ex felon with some money stashed away can still easily go vote. That is what this topic is about. Not what should be done with ex-felons but the unfair advantage those with money have over those who do not in our justice system.

Your candidate will give them that vote....
Strangely enough, I like his bipartisan crime bill of the 90s, that he is maligned for by the left, to this day.

Joe is a corrupt, incompetent politician. He used his political office to make his family rich. He flew his son over to China on Air Force 2 to make a 1.5 billion dollar deal with the Chinese...........He was part of the most corrupt administration in our history and was part of the leadership who used the FBI, CIA, DOJ and State Department to obtain illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump and used those same agencies to arrest and convict Trump associates on false charges....as we now know.

If he shares your values, your values are screwed.
Blah, Blah, Blah, yes, right, sure, thank you very much for your enlightened opinion. I will vote for Joseph Biden junior, far less corrupt and corrupting, far less antagonistic, far more truthful, far less racist, far more open to reason. Compare to the $hithole we have now, Joseph Biden Jr has potential to be a historically good President of The United States of America. Sometime during his Presidency I will, no doubt, be disappointed in his actions or judgement, but will always know replace trump with him is and was for the greater good of my country. I will vote Joe Biden for President of The United States of America on November 3, or before, to change off the disastrous course we are hastening down at the present time.

It's in the link, they have to finish paying off fines before they can vote .

That's a poll tax
Nope. They simply have not paid their debt to society, as assigned by the courts at the time of their being judged guilty by a jury of their societal peers and must before rejoining society. They should not have done the crime if they wanted to avoid doing the time or paying the dime.

The ex felon with some money stashed away can still easily go vote. That is what this topic is about. Not what should be done with ex-felons but the unfair advantage those with money have over those who do not in our justice system.
I find it difficult to believe that the vast majority of convicts and ex-convicts would spend their money stash on regaining their right to vote. Society was not important to them in the first place or they would not have turned to crime. They would get greater influence using the money to change politicians minds on individual issues, outside the voting booth, than within.

Blah, Blah, Blah, yes, right, sure, thank you very much for your enlightened opinion. I will vote for Joseph Biden junior, far less corrupt and corrupting, far less antagonistic, far more truthful, far less racist, far more open to reason. Compare to the $hithole we have now, Joseph Biden Jr has potential to be a historically good President of The United States of America. Sometime during his Presidency I will, no doubt, be disappointed in his actions or judgement, but will always know replace trump with him is and was for the greater good of my country. I will vote Joe Biden for President of The United States of America on November 3, or before, to change off the disastrous course we are hastening down at the present time.

More truthful? You mean other than all the lies he told about his degrees in college, the death of his wife, and the 1.5 billion dollar deal his son got from the Chinese government when daddy joe was the point man for obama in china?

He can barely remember where he is, who he is and what he is doing......

And that you again lie about Trump being a racist vs. biden being an actual racist shows you are a morally bankrupt human being.

Not exactly. Went 3rd party last time because both candidates were lying political scum, but seen this one in action and inaction for three years. He's got to go. Joe is basically decent, shares my values and knows how government is supposed to work.
Joe is a terminally corrupt senile pedophile.

More truthful? You mean other than all the lies he told about his degrees in college, the death of his wife, and the 1.5 billion dollar deal his son got from the Chinese government when daddy joe was the point man for obama in china?

He can barely remember where he is, who he is and what he is doing......

And that you again lie about Trump being a racist vs. biden being an actual racist shows you are a morally bankrupt human being.
You are a broken record of bull$hit. Go find some trump toads. You will not convince normal people.

Nope. They simply have not paid their debt to society, as assigned by the courts at the time of their being judged guilty by a jury of their societal peers and must before rejoining society. They should not have done the crime if they wanted to avoid doing the time or paying the dime.
Yup, it's a poll tax..they should be able to vote regardless ..

Now people that owe child support, no vote

Now people owe taxes, no vote

Now people that owe a speeding ticket, no vote

Yup, it's a poll tax..they should be able to vote regardless ..

Now people that owe child support, no vote

Now people owe taxes, no vote

Now people that owe a speeding ticket, no vote

Nah. When I was growing up felons didn't get their right to vote back period. Now they have to do their time and pay their fines or they haven't paid their debt to society. My advice to you is fork up the money, like your were assigned by the court and when your debt to society is clear, then maybe. Would not hurt my feelings if they had simply forfeited the right, but I don't make the laws. Unlike the felons and x-convicts, I have just lived by them. Teach your kids better and they will not end up in your situation.

Forum List

Back