Syrian atrocity photos are real, FBI says

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
....Looks like those photos of torture in Syrian prisons are the real thing.......................

Yahoo Politics

Syrian atrocity photos are real, FBI says

Michael Isikoff
Chief Investigative CorrespondentJuly 14, 2015

0b0ab6311ad2cba9fb0eed8d4650b3ef86cd59fd.jpg

(Photo illustration: Yahoo News. Photos: Remy de la Mauviniere/AP; Courtesy of The Caesar Team/Coalition for a Democratic Syria)

A yearlong analysis by the FBI has concluded that controversial photographs showing the torture of Syrian political prisoners are authentic, providing powerful new evidence to support charges of extensive human rights violations by the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The photographs, smuggled out of Syria by a defector two years ago, show no evidence of being manipulated and “appear to depict real people and events,” the FBI concluded in a report compiled at the request of the State Department.

A top State Department official said the FBI report, a copy of which was obtained exclusively by Yahoo News, could provide fresh impetus for international war crimes prosecutors to bring criminal charges against top Syrian officials.

Continue reading at:

Syrian atrocity photos are real FBI says

I just heard that on the news yesterday and was going to post a thread: Smuggled Photos Document Thousands Of Detainee Deaths In Syria NPR

Absolutely sickening.

DEBORAH AMOS, BYLINE: On a quiet side street in a barely furnished office, a group of Syrians are documenting the horrors of a vast prison system inside their country. Dr. Mohammad Ayash inspects each photo on his computer screen. A physician, he once treated the living in Syria. Now he carefully examines the dead - thousands of high-resolution photos the police defectors smuggled out. It's a deeply disturbing task.

MOHAMMAD AYASH: I describe what I see in every picture.

AMOS: That must be very difficult to look at those pictures.

AYASH: It's very, very difficult. We have children in this picture. We have older man in this picture. Yes, I - it's came to my dream some of times.

AMOS: He shows his tallies, the many ways of death.

Seventy-eight.

AYASH: Hanging.

AMOS: Thirty-one.

AYASH: Hard torture.

AMOS: Choking.

AYASH: Seventy-eight.

AMOS: The largest number by far is death by starvation, he says, based on the photographs of thousands skeletal remains. Dr. Ayash is a volunteer at the Syrian Association for the Missing and Prisoners of Conscience. His group is preparing documentation for what they hope will be a war crimes trial. The first step - identifying the victems

And people still defend this monster? War crimes.

I just heard that on the news yesterday and was going to post a thread: Smuggled Photos Document Thousands Of Detainee Deaths In Syria NPR

Absolutely sickening.

It's a mossad plot------ask Captain blei viva assad. viva iran viva----the Mahdi in the well

DEBORAH AMOS, BYLINE: On a quiet side street in a barely furnished office, a group of Syrians are documenting the horrors of a vast prison system inside their country. Dr. Mohammad Ayash inspects each photo on his computer screen. A physician, he once treated the living in Syria. Now he carefully examines the dead - thousands of high-resolution photos the police defectors smuggled out. It's a deeply disturbing task.

MOHAMMAD AYASH: I describe what I see in every picture.

AMOS: That must be very difficult to look at those pictures.

AYASH: It's very, very difficult. We have children in this picture. We have older man in this picture. Yes, I - it's came to my dream some of times.

AMOS: He shows his tallies, the many ways of death.

Seventy-eight.

AYASH: Hanging.

AMOS: Thirty-one.

AYASH: Hard torture.

AMOS: Choking.

AYASH: Seventy-eight.

AMOS: The largest number by far is death by starvation, he says, based on the photographs of thousands skeletal remains. Dr. Ayash is a volunteer at the Syrian Association for the Missing and Prisoners of Conscience. His group is preparing documentation for what they hope will be a war crimes trial. The first step - identifying the victems

And people still defend this monster? War crimes.

Forum List

Back