Taking Responsibility for yourself

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Why shouldn't we gut policing agencies, all of them. I think that would pressure the anti-gunners to suck it up. I don't need police & I have fire insurance & car insurance & jewelry insurance & liability, so why do I need government interfering with my life in those areas??

When you think about it, the police & fire aren't working for us, they are working against us, and they are working for insurance companies. They steal my insured car, I can get a new one, that is why I pay insurance. But the police go to work for the insurance company to try and find it and the culprit. None of that helps me, yet I am the one who pays double for for it (insurance payments/taxes for police).

Last edited:
You are an idiot, plain and simple.

I might give your opinion some consideration, but cocksuckers don't rate high on my list of intelligent respondents. Now toodle along and wipe your chin, imbecile.

Shintao, if we had no fire departments we would also have no home insurance. And law and order is not a blessing from the Great Sky Father....without police, we'd have lawlessness in most parts of the country.

Shintao, if we had no fire departments we would also have no home insurance. And law and order is not a blessing from the Great Sky Father....without police, we'd have lawlessness in most parts of the country.

I actually think without police and 911 people might take personal responsibility and arm themselves. I doubt there would be no fire insurance (we still have life ins. knowing people die). Fire departments generally get there to late anyway and watch it burn down while they tinkle a few drops on the blaze. In any event we don't know what either change would make, except lowering taxes and creating more responsibility in citizens.

Last edited:
Are you actually capable of thought? I doubt it personally. But in case you are, what will happen to insurance rates in the absence of fire companies?

Are you actually capable of thought? I doubt it personally. But in case you are, what will happen to insurance rates in the absence of fire companies?

Why come back on my thread after being an asshole?

Why shouldn't we gut policing agencies, all of them. I think that would pressure the anti-gunners to suck it up. I don't need police & I have fire insurance & car insurance & jewelry insurance & liability, so why do I need government interfering with my life in those areas??

When you think about it, the police & fire aren't working for us, they are working against us, and they are working for insurance companies. They steal my insured car, I can get a new one, that is why I pay insurance. But the police go to work for the insurance company to try and find it and the culprit. None of that helps me, yet I am the one who pays double for for it (insurance payments/taxes for police).

You are a fool, shitnow.

I actually think without police and 911 people might take personal responsibility and arm themselves. I doubt there would be no fire insurance (we still have life ins. knowing people die). Fire departments generally get there to late anyway and watch it burn down while they tinkle a few drops on the blaze. In any event we don't know what either change would make, except lowering taxes and creating more responsibility in citizens.

Shintao, most structure fires are not arsons or accidents. They are begun by lightning or electrical shorts, etc. I dun know what huge abdication of personal responsibility you perceive...I sure don't.

As for law and order, what you are proposing is a "Lord Of The Flies" society where the strong muscle the weak. As an older lady whose single daughter also lives alone, lemme tell you this appeals not at all.

There are ways to cut waste in government -- mebbe even in fire and police protection. If you wish to discuss these, I'll be around.

You are an idiot, plain and simple.

He's not an idiot. Just different in a good kind of way.:lol:

The cons scream for their small government, for people to be responsible, for their 2nd amendment rights, for capitalism, and yet that is really all a lie. They want people to be irresponsible, less private businesses, and have no excuse to arm themselves, and want big daddy to protect them and be dependent from the cradle to the grave. I think that makes cons a farce.

At least Liberals are consistent. They are antigun, big government, and want the big government police to protect them.:lol:

You are a fool, shitnow.

You are an imbecile urinal.

Last edited:

Oh goodie:eusa_angel: I'm a former cop, I'm diving into this one! This will be fun.

Ok. Why aren't the police or fire dept working for you? Let me ask you...

- How would the private sector deal with morons driving cars doing 120+ mph on the highways? Or simple reckless drivers, weaving in and out and causing accidents? I know where you are headed w/ response, just wanna see if you'll bite on it.

- What about folks who can't protect themselves? Seriously. Vulnerable women. Disabled folks. Simple idiots. Do you just want survival of the fittest? Again....I know what your response will be, just wanna have fun with it first.

- Are you trained to put out a massive fire? Chemical fire? Do you know firemen often provide the 1st MEDICAL treatment to persons? Yep. Firemen are also trained as paramedics, and since there are more of them than EMS, they always get there first, and often times, provide FREE TREATMENT!!!! Thats right, many people get free healthcare when firemen show up, treat the problem, and determine EMS and a hospital trip aren't necessary. Who said we dont have free healthcare!!! I saw many a fireman prevent a big medical bill by treating a person on site.

- What about crimes needing an investigation? Cross border into other states? Rape, murder, fraud.......are you trained and experienced enough to handle those? Sure maybe YOU wont be the victim, but what about your 17 year old female neighbor? 90 year old granny? Once again....I know the answer, bring it on, please!

Wanna know what a population would look like without a police/fire department that is well trained and effective? See Mexico. Or Afghanistan. Or Nigeria. Yeah, lets do that:cuckoo:

There are ways to cut waste in government -- mebbe even in fire and police protection. If you wish to discuss these, I'll be around.

Good posts. I agree that we must have reasonable and effective police/fire service. Cons are for small gov't, but not NO gov't. Police and fire are crucial, basic necessities that a small gov't must do.

As for waste and funding.....as a former cop, I can say that police and fire are probably the LEAST wasteful areas of gov't. Both are notoriously underfunded. Cops have the most power over citizens of any gov't official, but are always paid the lowest. Your local recreation dept director makes more than the cop who runs into a school during a shooting event to save our kids. Sad. But true. Some of the big city unions are a bit overpaid and wasteful, but 90% of police depts are 50 officers or less and non-union. Fire the same.

Firemen also are trained paramedics, and provide amazing first aid and medical services that go largely unspoken, and it's FREE. The fire dept doesn't bill folks for their medical treatment, and often can prevent an expensive EMS/ER trip if the call isn't severe. I saw that many times, and though cops/firemen have a sibling rivalry, those firemen do amazing work for even less pay than cops, and they are just as brave. They do sprinkler inspections also, trying to prevent devastating fires at commercial buildings. Police and fire do so much proactive work that citizens rarely see it or realize the effect it has. We are the most heavily armed citizenship in the world.............yet, if you avoid about 1% of bad neighborhoods, you'll probably never be a victim of a violent crime. Thank a cop.

But remember, liberals hate cops. Thats why Obama jumped so quickly on the "Police acted stupidly" fiasco, and why his buddy Bill Ayers BOMBED police stations.

Oh goodie:eusa_angel: I'm a former cop, I'm diving into this one! This will be fun.

Ok. Why aren't the police or fire dept working for you? Let me ask you...

- How would the private sector deal with morons driving cars doing 120+ mph on the highways? Or simple reckless drivers, weaving in and out and causing accidents? I know where you are headed w/ response, just wanna see if you'll bite on it.

- What about folks who can't protect themselves? Seriously. Vulnerable women. Disabled folks. Simple idiots. Do you just want survival of the fittest? Again....I know what your response will be, just wanna have fun with it first.

- Are you trained to put out a massive fire? Chemical fire? Do you know firemen often provide the 1st MEDICAL treatment to persons? Yep. Firemen are also trained as paramedics, and since there are more of them than EMS, they always get there first, and often times, provide FREE TREATMENT!!!! Thats right, many people get free healthcare when firemen show up, treat the problem, and determine EMS and a hospital trip aren't necessary. Who said we dont have free healthcare!!! I saw many a fireman prevent a big medical bill by treating a person on site.

- What about crimes needing an investigation? Cross border into other states? Rape, murder, fraud.......are you trained and experienced enough to handle those? Sure maybe YOU wont be the victim, but what about your 17 year old female neighbor? 90 year old granny? Once again....I know the answer, bring it on, please!

Has the police stopped drivers doing 120 & weaving in traffic? NO. Do I care? NO. That is why I buy auto insurance, because police don't do their jobs.

Can the vulnerable women buy a gun? YES. Does she need you if she responsibly learned to protect herself? NO. Stop trying to justify a job people do not need, if they would just accept personal responsibility for their own actions and life. We don't need police interfering.

I don't own anything requiring putting out a massive fire, and I buy insurance to pay for what burns. I can save lives, or take my own family to an ER faster than an ambulance can..

All those crime can be controlled with a gun. We need gun rights, not controlling police. Yes, I would love to handle all those, but the police keep my hands tied. There is one black SOB in jail right now, that would be in a ditch if I had my way to handle it. Instead I got an investigation div. and police force working 4 days a week, and this asshole setting in jail for probably a year before he gets to trail.

17 year old? I was killing gooks in nam at 18, with a fully automatic M16, 45 pistol, M50, and 45grease gun. If she can't protect herself, lock her in a holding area until she can. You don't give people credit for what they are capable of doing. Do you think my grandfather couldn't shoot a rifle, living among the apache warring tribes around his ranch? It damn sure wasn't an arrow that sent him to his grave.

Last edited:

Wanna know what a population would look like without a police/fire department that is well trained and effective? See Mexico. Or Afghanistan. Or Nigeria. Yeah, lets do that:cuckoo:

Are you saying the Mexican police are not trained? What about the American police? They shot an unarmed relative of mine so many times they had to stop and reload, while he truck sat in a ditch. You have no idea what our population would look like if people took personal responsibility for themselves.

I love it when cons try to be Liberals! LOL!:lol:

Forum List

Back