Taliban resumes stoning women for adultery after Biden's disastrous retreat from Afghanistan

I'm still waiting for my answer from surada, because I think he/she may be right. Whether the answer to the question "who was president in September 2021?" is Chairman Xi or Vlad Putin remains to be seen, but I'm sure it's one or the other.
Everybody makes mistakes. Nothing to get hung about.....bfd.

I'm still waiting for my answer from surada, because I think he/she may be right. Whether the answer to the question "who was president in September 2021?" is Chairman Xi or Vlad Putin remains to be seen, but I'm sure it's one or the other.

My mistake. The brain said 2020. The fingers typed different.

My mistake. The brain said 2020. The fingers typed different.

I was more interested in why you came back to the thread twice almost 7 months apart yacking about September 2021 ...
13 months after the thread was dead ... But that will do ... Thanks ... :auiqs.jpg:

The Talibiden has a free pass from Bloody Joe.

Meanwhile, the outgoing governmentā€™s ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva said on Tuesday that the Taliban have already broken their promises to safeguard women and protect human rights.

ā€œThe Taliban have vowed to respect womenā€™s rights but womenā€™s rights are disappearing from the landscape," Nasir Ahmad Andisha, who remains accredited at U.N. bodies despite the collapse of the government he represents, told the Human Rights Council.

The Talibanā€™s infamous Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice has been reinstated around 20 years after it was abolished when the US invaded Afghanistan. A Taliban official said that their purpose is to ā€œserve Islamā€, for which the ministry of vice and vice is needed, according to a New York Post report.

The ministry of virtue and vice is known for enforcing the Sharia law, including banning women from stepping outside without a male companion and prohibiting music and other entertainment.

ā€œWe will punish as per the Islamic rules. Whatever Islam guides us, we will punish accordingly,ā€ said Mohammad Yusuf, who claimed to be responsible for the ā€œcentral zoneā€ of Afghanistan. The Taliban, in their earlier regime, flogged, stoned, amputated and publicly executed people as punishments for crimes.

Yusuf told New York Post that the hands of thieves will be cut off and those involved in ā€œillegal intercourseā€ will be stoned, which was previously the punishment meant for women. He also said that a murderer who intentionally committed the crime will be killed and if it turns out to be unintentional, certain amount of fee will be levied.

Yusuf added that four witnesses are required and those witnesses ā€œshould all have the same story.ā€ ā€œIf there is a small difference in the story, there will be no punishment. But if all of them are saying the same thing, the same way and the same time, there will be punishment,ā€ the New York Post quoted Yusuf as saying.

The offenders will be punished if the Supreme Court finds them guilty, he said.

ā€œWe just want a peaceful country with Islamic rules and regulations. Peace and Islamic rulings are the only wishes we have," Yusuf added.

Meanwhile, the outgoing governmentā€™s ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva said on Tuesday that the Taliban have already broken their promises to safeguard women and protect human rights.

ā€œThe Taliban have vowed to respect womenā€™s rights but womenā€™s rights are disappearing from the landscape," Nasir Ahmad Andisha, who remains accredited at U.N. bodies despite the collapse of the government he represents, told the Human Rights Council.

I think you and every other gun nut and right wing whacko needs to go over there and do something about that on your own dime.

Anyone really expecting Muslims to honor agreements are short bus riders

It's their idealogy so let's bring thousands here!!!

Well, it was Trump who reached the agreement with them at Doha, not Biden.

I don't think anyone expected them to honor their agreements. We just wanted out, and they wanted us out. The Quislings in Kabul thought they could reach an accommodation with the Taliban, I guess, because they really hadn't made any real effort to fight them for years.

This is their culture. We might find it offensive, but this is who they are.

Maybe we need to worry more about misogyny in this country than on the other side of the planet.

Where in the Trumpybear Surrender and withdrawal agreement he signed with the Taliban did it stipulate that we reduce our troop level to a mere 2,500 soldiers on Jan 15, 2021, just days before the Next administration took office. What milestone or condition did the Taliban meet for us to drop our troop level so low? Was it done to spite America for tossing the Trumpyberra to the curb?
What a load of BULLSHIT! Biden and the Democrats routinely tear up anything President Trump agreed to. But somehow this alleged agreement with the Taliban is sacred and HAD to be honored by the Democrats? Total fiction by the Democrats to coverup their abysmal failure in Afghanistan.

What a load of BULLSHIT! Biden and the Democrats routinely tear up anything President Trump agreed to. But somehow this alleged agreement with the Taliban is sacred and HAD to be honored by the Democrats? Total fiction by the Democrats to coverup their abysmal failure in Afghanistan.

What exactly has Biden "Torn up"? Heck, he didn't tear down Trump useless wall, he just stop building more of it. He stopped the Keystone expansion, but the people who wanted it weren't really that interested in building it at this point.

The point was, the Doha agreement - by design - doomed the Afghan Government. It reduced the number of US troops to 2500 to be withdrawn by May 2021. It released 5000 Taliban fighters (remember when you guys lost your shit when Obama released FIVE Taliban to get Bergdahl back?) It ended payments to Afghan Warlords who were playing nice, and they immediately switched to the Taliban.

On top of that, the Taliban routinely violated the terms of Doha on Trump's watch, and Trump did nothing about it. (He was too busy fucking up Covid, the economy, and the response to civil unrest caused by police misconduct, so this fuckup went under the wire.)

Now, sure, could Biden have reversed course? I guess. But why should he have? We'd been in Afghanistan for 20 years, and I think we had long since lost sight of whatever it was we were doing there in the first place.

Trump is the guy who fucks things up and then disses the guy who has to clean it up.

The point was, the Doha agreement - by design - doomed the Afghan Government. It reduced the number of US troops to 2500 to be withdrawn by May 2021. It released 5000 Taliban fighters (remember when you guys lost your shit when Obama released FIVE Taliban to get Bergdahl back?) It ended payments to Afghan Warlords who were playing nice, and they immediately switched to the Taliban.

I think it was Trump's implementation of the agreement, not the design of the agreement. The initial withdrawal from 13,000 to 8,600 was suppose to be conditional on the Taliban honoring their commitment. The Generals testified that the Taliban only lived up to one condition out of the seven in conditions in the agreement. But the withdrawal to 8,600 continued and was complete by the 135 day mark. Further reduction in our troop strength was also contingent on the Taliban meeting their conditions, and was also ignored by the CiC.

Maybe they would have, but meeting all our conditions and letting the Taliban not comply with most all of their conditions before the withdrawals of over 13,000 troops to 2,500, occurred before President Biden took office. Got that Zippy? The only leverage President Biden had was a threat to re-engage the Taliban with thousands of fresh bodies. All to implement the Trumpy's Conditions because he didn't, couldn't or wouldn't. Trumpyberra screwed that pooch on purpose, for revenge, and to tried make final the withdrawal as messy a possible. It was a giant fuck you to the next CiC, all Americans, and all our Allies.

I think it was Trump's implementation of the agreement, not the design of the agreement. The initial withdrawal from 13,000 to 8,600 was suppose to be conditional on the Taliban honoring their commitment. The Generals testified that the Taliban only lived up to one condition out of the seven in conditions in the agreement. But the withdrawal to 8,600 continued and was complete by the 135 day mark. Further reduction in our troop strength was also contingent on the Taliban meeting their conditions, and was also ignored by the CiC.
I think the problem being that we start on the premise that the Taliban wasn't going to break their agreement. We should have known they would.

The agreement was to get the US a face-saving way out, not to make a meaningful peace agreement between the Taliban and the Kabul government. Heck, Pompeo and Trump didn't even invite the Afghan Government, because they'd object to being sold out.

And it's not like we haven't seen this before. This was exactly the deal at Paris in 1972, when we knew damned well the minute the last American boot was off the ground in Vietnam, the North Vietnamese would resume the war.

Now, I have no problem with this, but Trump should own it, and not try to claim that the mess he created is somehow Biden's fault.

I think the problem being that we start on the premise that the Taliban wasn't going to break their agreement. We should have known they would.

The agreement was to get the US a face-saving way out, not to make a meaningful peace agreement between the Taliban and the Kabul government. Heck, Pompeo and Trump didn't even invite the Afghan Government, because they'd object to being sold out.

And it's not like we haven't seen this before. This was exactly the deal at Paris in 1972, when we knew damned well the minute the last American boot was off the ground in Vietnam, the North Vietnamese would resume the war.

Now, I have no problem with this, but Trump should own it, and not try to claim that the mess he created is somehow Biden's fault.
I can agree with that.

Did you want Biden to renege on Trump's agreement with the Taliban and reinvade Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back