Texas trooper punished for Snoop Dogg photo...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
'Decision to pose with rapper ‘reflects poorly on the Agency’

The snapshot, taken at Snoop’s request, shows veteran Trooper Billy Spears — wearing the department’s iconic uniform and cowboy hat — standing backstage with the rapper during Austin’s recent South by Southwest music festival.

Snoop later published the photo on Instagram with the caption, “Me n my deputy dogg.”

When the state police top brass caught wind of the photo, they informed Spears that he should have declined the photo op, given Snoop’s admitted indulgence in the illegal drug.

Texas state trooper punished for Snoop Dogg Instagram photo - Yahoo Celebrity

Reprimanded for a picture with a celebrity. :eusa_doh:facepalm.

That's dumb. Unless Snoop was high at the time what is the cop supposed to do about it? Just be a dick?

This is just dumb. It sounds like snoop dog did a good thing posting a photo of himself with an officer. With tensions as high as they have been, I would have seen that as a good will gesture.

This is just dumb. It sounds like snoop dog did a good thing posting a photo of himself with an officer. With tensions as high as they have been, I would have seen that as a good will gesture.

That was my first thought. Considering recent events this should be a positive from a PR standpoint. Leave it to the government to shoot themselves in the foot at every turn.

If these people were smart they could probably do better with their lives than be police officers, so this isn't that surprising.

I wonder if it would had been a problem if he had posed for a picture with Lindsey Lohan?

'Decision to pose with rapper ‘reflects poorly on the Agency’

The snapshot, taken at Snoop’s request, shows veteran Trooper Billy Spears — wearing the department’s iconic uniform and cowboy hat — standing backstage with the rapper during Austin’s recent South by Southwest music festival.

Snoop later published the photo on Instagram with the caption, “Me n my deputy dogg.”

When the state police top brass caught wind of the photo, they informed Spears that he should have declined the photo op, given Snoop’s admitted indulgence in the illegal drug.

Texas state trooper punished for Snoop Dogg Instagram photo - Yahoo Celebrity

Reprimanded for a picture with a celebrity. :eusa_doh:facepalm.

Arite an excuse to play my videoremix for my nigga snoop

I wonder if it would had been a problem if he had posed for a picture with Lindsey Lohan?

The article infers the same, instead of LiLo, they conjecture a photo op with Willie Nelson, another well known advocate for legalized cannabis, would not have elicited censure.

That was my first thought. Considering recent events this should be a positive from a PR standpoint. Leave it to the government to shoot themselves in the foot at every turn.
Good points. It probably wouldn't hurt for the police to get back to being a bit more community oriented instead of in your face all the time. Good PR never hurts and taking a photo isn't the end of the world no matter who it's with.

Probably not since she's white.
Come on man. Time to stop saying shit like that. That cop obviously had no problem with it.

You did make me think of something though. You would think those rappers that are calling cops racists and other foul names would at some point look around and realize every concert they have they bring in what? 50? Of them for protection and crowd control. Respect goes two ways.

Forum List

Back