Thank God for our RIGHT to keep and bear arms

So you really believe the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect your right to bear a sword when it protects your right to own a gun? It says, Arms, not Firearms. Stop imposing an understanding which isn't there.

To figure out what Arms actually means, you have to go to court but good luck finding a court that says you have a right to a gun but not a sword?

I never said that, I'm saying the intent of the Second was to allow the citizens the right to bear arms...which included firearms and was most certainly the main intent...given muskets were the choice of weapons in the day
Firearms were including but it doesn't say that and no more now does it? It says, Arms. Only by other laws have we made that mean you can have guns, swords, etc. but not nuclear ARMS.

You're an idiot, you and your fellow loon Corny Candy can discuss this nonsense. Good grief leftists are ignorant
You are the one doing the trolling, not me.

Here, now enough with your nonsense.

Why can't I own nuclear weapons? The Second Amendment guarantees it! [THREAD THREE]
For the record SIL, though honorable, the entire premise of this article is wrong. The 2ndn Amendment was not really intended for "self-defense" (remember, back then there were no violent liberals, no bloods and crips, etc.). It was really intended for the people to be free from a tyrannical government. If the people outnumbered the military, but had all of the same arms, no one would dare attempt to oppress the people.

I unequivocally have a right to a nuclear arsenal. But for those liberals so scared, it's not a concern. At all. I've listed half of the reasons already. I'm waiting for a single liberal to make a logical case why I'm wrong (which they can't) to present the far more compelling reason why I'm right. The irrational liberal ideology simply cannot hold up under logic.

Why do you continue to lie about this?
The lie is that it says Firearms, It does not say firearms, it says arms.
You stated previously that you fully understand the fact that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
Thus, to present anything else is to lie.

Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same
It protects the right to Bear Arms, period. What that actually means came later.
View attachment 74483

You're really going to try and float this nonsense? Really?
So you really believe the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect your right to bear a sword when it protects your right to own a gun? It says, Arms, not Firearms. Stop imposing an understanding which isn't there.

To figure out what Arms actually means, you have to go to court but good luck finding a court that says you have a right to a gun but not a sword?

There is a movement right now called Knife Rights fighting stupid knife laws in this country under the 2nd Amendment protections...swords would also be included ........

Firearms were including but it doesn't say that and no more now does it? It says, Arms. Only by other laws have we made that mean you can have guns, swords, etc. but not nuclear ARMS.
And so.... what's your point?
My point was made pages ago. Stop believing that the 2nd Amendment means guns. It doesn't.
It unquestionably includes all firearms, and it always has.
What else matters, and why?
What matters is firearms are not the only arms. And they weren't even then so when Puddles says, according to the Constitution, that he has the right to bear arms, all arms, he's correct. That is what the Constitution actually says. What that means is something else entirely, something the courts and society have had to work out.
Don't impose an understanding that isn't there.
But, the understanding clearly -is- there.
The 2nd, unquestionably, protects the right to own and use firearms, and, just as unquestionably, does not protect the right to own and use nuclear weapons.

If you can’t buy land mines at Wal Mart….are you really a free man? LOL.

I love winding these fools up and watching them spin like tops.

Yeah....right. You are so frustrated that everything you have attempted for making your case has been shot down with facts that now you're just pretending like you find this amusing. The problem is for you is that your frustration is palpable my dear. If your'e going to pretend like you're enjoying this, then you need to do a better job of hiding your anger.

By the way, I have a friend who is a fully automatic Uzi with a silencer. True story. I can't tell you how many people have claimed to us that those are "illegal". Because, well, liberals are just uneducated. Now, he did have to file paperwork with the ATF and get approved, but he did and he was. Man is it fun to shoot that thing. Every time I fire it I just think of Corny losing her mind like a typical unhinged emotional train wreck liberal. I'm thinking I might just take some video of us unloading an entire clip and post if for Corny.... :lol:

You should do that….I can see you now, envisioning mowing down minorities you hate so much in a van attempt to exert whatever manhood you still think you have. Lotsa fun.

so when Puddles says, according to the Constitution, that he has the right to bear arms, all arms, he's correct. That is what the Constitution actually says.

Congrats! You finally got something right! It only took you 119 posts to not post misinformation, but hey, everybody has to start somewhere, right? Yeeaaahhh:clap:

(Conservatives - please clap for Jack(off)4Jill. It's very important to praise a small child when they finally get something right)

Yeah....right. You are so frustrated that everything you have attempted for making your case has been shot down with facts that now you're just pretending like you find this amusing. The problem is for you is that your frustration is palpable my dear. If your'e going to pretend like you're enjoying this, then you need to do a better job of hiding your anger.

By the way, I have a friend who is a fully automatic Uzi with a silencer. True story. I can't tell you how many people have claimed to us that those are "illegal". Because, well, liberals are just uneducated. Now, he did have to file paperwork with the ATF and get approved, but he did and he was. Man is it fun to shoot that thing. Every time I fire it I just think of Corny losing her mind like a typical unhinged emotional train wreck liberal. I'm thinking I might just take some video of us unloading an entire clip and post if for Corny.... :lol:

You should do that….I can see you now, envisioning mowing down minorities you hate so much in a van attempt to exert whatever manhood you still think you have. Lotsa fun.
Your obsession with minorities is amusing. I think someone either has hidden sexual desires for different races which she is ashamed of or she has a deep-seated disgust for minorities. Either way, her obsession with them definitely speaks volumes.

You have to realize - liberals don't care that people die. They just want to ban an inanimate object that they were conditioned to have an irrational fear of.

More people die every single year in automobiles than by firearms - yet every liberal is happy to ride in a vehicle and none of them call to ban automobiles.

Cars are super regulated. Safety inspected each year in most states. You must carry liability insurance. You must have a license to operate one. Have built in safety features in many models such as collision avoidance, safety belts, and air bags. Cops set up checkpoints at random to make sure the drivers are sober, you have insurance, and are licensed to be firing err I mean driving.

Proof that Corny doesn't care about human life at all. She cares about control over other people. More people die in automobiles but that's fine with her because of a litany of costly regulations (insurance, inspections, etc.).

And what an asinine list. Inspecting the automobiles does nothing to prevent deaths as it is the driver and not the car that causes deaths. Carrying insurance certainly does nothing to prevent deaths as it is the driver and not the car that causes deaths.

But all of those are costly regulations and that's what gets control freak Corny all frothy. How insignificant is your life Corny that you crave control over other people's lives? Get a job already. Volunteer. Find God. Do something other than sitting around on USMB seething over the fact that your fellow citizens have freedom and don't have to answer to you.

Liability insurance should be issued for each gun sold….a hefty 1,000,000 dollar “mayhem tax”…just like we have for cigarettes.
I'm sure the Criminals will make sure their policy is up to date.

My point was made pages ago. Stop believing that the 2nd Amendment means guns. It doesn't.
What matters is firearms are not the only arms. And they weren't even then so when Puddles says, according to the Constitution, that he has the right to bear arms, all arms, he's correct. That is what the Constitution actually says. What that means is something else entirely, something the courts and society have had to work out.
The 2nd, unquestionably, protects the right to own and use firearms, and, just as unquestionably, does not protect the right to own and use nuclear weapons.
That is not at all what is says. The "understanding" is not there at all. For that they could have been specific and they were not. The courts have figured out what "arms" mean in this case.

There is nothing "clear" about this, you are imposing your understanding after 200 years of court decisions. That is what's clear.

Puddles has a point. He's nuts but his point is valid. Arms means arms, unless it doesn't.

The lie is that it says Firearms, It does not say firearms, it says arms.
You stated previously that you fully understand the fact that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Nothing in any of that nonsense negates the fact that the 2nd protects any firearm suitable for any of the traditionally legal purposes for same
It protects the right to Bear Arms, period. What that actually means came later.
View attachment 74483

There is a movement right now called Knife Rights fighting stupid knife laws in this country under the 2nd Amendment protections...swords would also be included ........
Nothing in the Constitution itself says you can't bear big fucking swords or big fucking knives.

Oh look... more mindless nonsense.
Who would have guessed?

View attachment 74483

Nothing in the Constitution itself says you can't bear big fucking swords or big fucking knives.

And yet communities across the country prohibit them....when they are also covered by the 2nd Amendment.

That is not at all what is says. The "understanding" is not there at all.
Sure it is -- the court has addressed the meaning of 'arms' in two separate decisions, one of which precedes the advent of nuclear weapons.

You have to realize - liberals don't care that people die. They just want to ban an inanimate object that they were conditioned to have an irrational fear of.

More people die every single year in automobiles than by firearms - yet every liberal is happy to ride in a vehicle and none of them call to ban automobiles.

Cars are super regulated. Safety inspected each year in most states. You must carry liability insurance. You must have a license to operate one. Have built in safety features in many models such as collision avoidance, safety belts, and air bags. Cops set up checkpoints at random to make sure the drivers are sober, you have insurance, and are licensed to be firing err I mean driving.

Proof that Corny doesn't care about human life at all. She cares about control over other people. More people die in automobiles but that's fine with her because of a litany of costly regulations (insurance, inspections, etc.).

And what an asinine list. Inspecting the automobiles does nothing to prevent deaths as it is the driver and not the car that causes deaths. Carrying insurance certainly does nothing to prevent deaths as it is the driver and not the car that causes deaths.

But all of those are costly regulations and that's what gets control freak Corny all frothy. How insignificant is your life Corny that you crave control over other people's lives? Get a job already. Volunteer. Find God. Do something other than sitting around on USMB seething over the fact that your fellow citizens have freedom and don't have to answer to you.

Liability insurance should be issued for each gun sold….a hefty 1,000,000 dollar “mayhem tax”…just like we have for cigarettes.

And if they don’t…well…tack on another 5-10 years to their sentence. Meanwhile, it decreases the number of guns made (higher costs means fewer guns), it decreased the number of guns sold (higher prices mean fewer guns), and it increases the prosecutorial powers of the law.

Win-Win-Win.

You should do that….to exert whatever manhood you still think you have. Lotsa fun.

Mmmmm....Corny follows me from thread to thread trying to get my attention. Now she's asking me to post video of myself shooting fully automatic weapons. I think someone has a serious crush. Too cute! The thing is, you old cougar, I'm far too young for you. And handsome. And intelligent. And articulate. We wouldn't mesh at all. You need to be with someone who shares your values. You know, a typical uneducated, unemployed dirt-bag liberal who commits acts of violence. You guys can bond not showering and attending Trump rally's where you assault people and show your classlessness by dropping the "F bomb" every 30 seconds (the only type of bomb liberals like :lol:)

Last edited:

And if they don’t…well…tack on another 5-10 years to their sentence. Meanwhile, it decreases the number of guns made (higher costs means fewer guns), it decreased the number of guns sold (higher prices mean fewer guns), and it increases the prosecutorial powers of the law.

Win-Win-Win.

We can already lock up criminals who use guns illegally.....and felons for just having a gun in their possession...we don't need any new laws to do that....we can already do it...

So again...your point is stupid......and UnConstitutional....

Win-Win-Win.
Well. I see. You don't mind having your fellow citizens rounded up and thrown in prisons.

That is not at all what is says. The "understanding" is not there at all.
Sure it is -- the court has addressed the meaning of 'arms' in two separate decisions, one of which precedes the advent of nuclear weapons.
Right, the Courts, not the Constitution. Exactly my point and Puddles point, the Constitution says Arms, not what kind of arms. Is everyone on the same page now I hope?

Win-Win-Win.
Why. I see. You don't mind having your fellow citizens rounded up and thrown in prisons.

You commit a gun crime…you should go to prison. For a very long time too in my view. The cops have a hard enough job without there being this revolving door in jails and prison. Stick up a shop owner, you get caught, you get X number of years for the robbery. If you don’t have the liability insurance (it would be called something else but insurance to pay the victims is what I mean), bingo, another 5 years added on to it.

You have a problem keeping criminals in jail?

We already have the gun laws we need to prosecute people who use guns illegally and to jail felons caught in possession of guns...

The calls for

-registration of guns
-licensing of gun owners
-universal background checks

Have been shown to simply be ways that anti gunners can expose normal, law abiding gun owners, who don't use their guns to commit crimes...to criminal punishment for simply making paper work or clerical errors.......they want to be able to destroy the life of a normal gun owner who fails to meet an arbitrary deadline, fails to dot the "I" and "T" on a form.....and then they get to take the gun owners guns, money and freedom...

View attachment 74483

And yet communities across the country prohibit them....when they are also covered by the 2nd Amendment.
Yes, they do because the Constitution say "A" and then society and the courts have to figure out just what in the hell does "A" actually mean? The Founders were not specific.

Forum List

Back