Thankless Jobs: what's a cop supposed to do

That girl looked close to six feet tall and outweighed the officer by at least 70 pounds. She was so much stronger than the cop that she was able to fight him off. What he did was completely what he should have done.

Naturally had the school just let her wander off at age 11, the officer and school would be negligent.

Actually the police officer should have told the principal to handle his shit. Do your fucking job!
They dont because of lawsuits from the water buffalo's mama
Just a further example of society ceding agency to the state. Sounds like you’ve defaulted to the “if you can’t beat em’; join em’” programming. Pretty sad. Freedom lovers would push back against these types of people, and this kind of thing. Instead you’ve decided to start carrying their water.
Ahhh well... I guess every man has their breaking point. What was it that broke you..?
You make a lot of ASSumptions and you didnt know what you're talking about from the beginning.

I have real solutions. You didnt axe. You just made your ASSumptions.

The truth is, while you TALK about freedom on this board. NOTHING will change in that school or any other school by your rant here.

The cop should have been backed by all of us. You're a fool if you dont see that.
.we'll put this unruly child in your home. You'll be calling the cops soon enough
If the people who know me, know only one thing about me; it’s this... “I don’t call the police”.
We'll drop her off for you to babysit internet tough guy.
No. You won’t... I raised my kids. They can raise theirs. It’s called agency. You should try exercising it sometime. Quit looking for others to solve your problems, and learn to handle your shit. Sad that this has to be mansplained to you...

A criminal? Get the fuck out of here. It’s an 11year old girl not listening to a teacher/ principal... Fer fucks sake...

Failure to comply with an Officer’s orders is a criminal act. An act I’d prefer to see dealt with by gunfire.

Actually the police officer should have told the. Police presence at schools is meant to provide quick reaction in the event of a dangerous situation such as a school shooting, or other violence. Not to handle the basic outbursts of 11 year old children. Real cops would have gotten in the face of the principal and told him to “do his own fucking job”.

Actually many states and individual school districts are now using police as the first responders to any/all violent acts in schools. Some to the point where criminal and civil issues are dealt with before any internal school issues are looked at.

My son is a police officer. He would not do harm to a child under any circumstances unless the child was armed with a deadly weapon. Period.

The child in question is not a Sasquatch nor is she an animal of any kind. She needs help. Period.

If you are not going to do what an authority figure tells you to do, my only two words of advice are these two: Get ready.

God bless you and the man who has stepped down always!!!

Holly

I stood behind the PD for decades, always an eyeopener how quick they could take someone down. This is what they're trained to do, it's just that simple

~S~

They dont because of lawsuits from the water buffalo's mama
Just a further example of society ceding agency to the state. Sounds like you’ve defaulted to the “if you can’t beat em’; join em’” programming. Pretty sad. Freedom lovers would push back against these types of people, and this kind of thing. Instead you’ve decided to start carrying their water.
Ahhh well... I guess every man has their breaking point. What was it that broke you..?
You make a lot of ASSumptions and you didnt know what you're talking about from the beginning.

The truth is, while you TALK about freedom on this board. NOTHING will change in that school or any other school by your rant here.

The cop should have been backed by all of us. You're a fool if you dont see that.
.we'll put this unruly child in your home. You'll be calling the cops soon enough
If the people who know me, know only one thing about me; it’s this... “I don’t call the police”.
No. You won’t... I raised my kids. They can raise theirs. It’s called agency. You should try exercising it sometime. Quit looking for others to solve your problems, and learn to handle your shit. Sad that this has to be mansplained to you...

Just curious...did you teach your kids to be contemptuous of rules and authority?

My son is a police officer. He would not do harm to a child under any circumstances unless the child was armed with a deadly weapon. Period.

The child in question is not a Sasquatch nor is she an animal of any kind. She needs help. Period.

It's hardly any wonder that she lacks disciple, look at the size of her! Her single mom couldn't handle her even if she tried! (and she probably wouldn't anyway)

Just curious...did you teach your kids to be contemptuous of rules and authority?
Nah. But like all kids, they had their moments. None of which required body slamming, or take-downs...

Jesus...that groid is 11? What are they feeding those things?
They should have let her walked her anger off. And call her parents to come and get her. But keep and eye on her. And if she has damaged property or cause injury to someone. Then they can arrest her. And send the bill to her parents. And expel her from that school or school district.
And it is the food that is causing mental health issues all over the world.

https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/parental-responsibility-in-all-50-states.pdf

California Poised to Ban Suspension of Willfully Defiant Students

When I was growing up. There used to be only 1 or 2 fat kids in the whole entire school. They were sickly, like suffering from asthma or something like that. But now the majority of kids are fat at all schools. I used to like this book call Guinness book of world records. They always had this woman back in the late 1940's She was the fattest woman in the world. She hold that record for along time. But now we have people and children breaking that record constantly.

“Crude and relative liver weights are also affected at the end of the maximal (33%) GM maize feeding level as well as that of the heart which for corresponding parameters to a comparable extent, showed up to an 11% weight increase…Additional statistically significant differences include … higher … overall body (3.7%) weight.”

Read more:
GMO Corn Contributing to Obesty, Disrupts Organs
Follow us: @naturalsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook

th

I really dont understand what society expects of cops today. I see nothing wrong here except the girl's inability to even learn

Professionalism would be nice. Tell ya what, when cops demonstrate to we the people that they can police themselves? The they can police US.

Nah. But like all kids, they had their moments. None of which required body slamming, or take-downs...

I don't think the girl in the video deserved to be manhandled that way either. Clearly the cop lost his cool and let his anger override his better judgement. BUT if she had been taught at home not to misbehave then all of it could have been avoided.

There are complex issues going on in schools the likes of which we have never seen before. Welcome to a peek inside the public schools. Is anyone shocked there's a massive teacher shortage?

Now, onto this case:

The police officer was in the wrong; there was no need at the moment for him to put his hands on her in the manner and time that he did and certainly not to wrestle her to the ground. Yes, she brushed by some adults or whatever. Still not justified. Had she been actively assaulting other children or adults (and believe me, it happens frequently) my opinion would be different. In this case, no.

That said, children can not be permitted to leave school and wander. She should have been given two clear choices because it looks to me like she was in a place where she could not think clearly. "You may sit at the picnic table or you may sit on the steps. Make your choice." When kids are upset, traumatized or angry their brains are not operating correctly. You have to be calm and speak to them in clear and concise ways. If she would not comply with THAT: "Here are your choices. You may sit at the picnic table or you may sit on the steps. You may sit there for as long as you like until you're calm. But if you don't, the officer may have to restrain you for your own protection." or something like.

The officer lost his cool. It happens; it's easy to do, but it's the worst thing for these kids. If an adult gets close to this they must leave the situation and have another adult take over.

"You may sit at the picnic table or you may sit on the steps. Make your choice."
When did school become a baby sitting service?

The choice are: sit in class and dont disrupt, or go home. Schools need to start removing these people who are clearly there to disrupt and not interested in learning.

The choice are: sit in class and dont disrupt, or go home. Schools need to start removing these people who are clearly there to disrupt and not interested in learning.

I agree. The problem is that drop outs are generally added into a school systems statistics for non-graduates, which can cause them to lose funding or accreditation.

Several years ago the main high school in The capital city of a New England state stopped expelling violent students because of just that statistical issue.

"You may sit at the picnic table or you may sit on the steps. Make your choice."

It's not 1975 anymore. How are you going to send an 11 yo home when no one will come pick them up?

It's not 1975 anymore. How are you going to send an 11 yo home when no one will come pick them up?
How did they in 75?

Forum List

Back