The 124th US Open starts tomorrow.

He scrambled all day yesterday just to finish at +1. He couldn't hit the fairway. I didn't see all of his round today. I did see him miss 3 makeable birdie putts. Edited to add: I haven't seen the projected cut yet. +5 might be the cut line.
I had to check but the "within 10 shots of the lead" rule is no longer in effect which may help him make the cut.

So Patrick Cantlay missed the course record yesterday by about 3 inches on 18.

Scottie has never played Pinehurst before, which shocked the analysts who said this, as it’s a pretty important U.S. course,

Scottie has never played Pinehurst before, which shocked the analysts who said this, as it’s a pretty important U.S. course,
Not sure why that would shock them. He turned pro in 2018 and will be 28 years old next Friday. He's young.

Rory putts off the green and then chips in, someone hit a hole in one, and that putt by Theegala from way off the green, going uphill, and rolling it right into the cup was the best shot I saw for what I watched.

After Thursday's round, Brooks Koepka said he thought -4 would win it. Quite a few are there now and tied for 2nd.

Bryson can't play on any U.S. team, such as in the Ryder Cup or the Olympics. He is feeling it, some good golf today, some amazing shots but these greens are keeping scores close and no one is really out of it in the top 10, I'm feeling Hideki makes a run for it Sunday and I'm pulling for Bryson.

Haven't been able to watch today. The finishing holes must be playing tough. The lead has been going back and forth

Haven't been able to watch today. The finishing holes must be playing tough. The lead has been going back and forth
You missed an Open for the ages. Both contenders, two of the best in the world, were both choking in the final holes until Bryson earned a win on 18.

How much you want to bet tomorrow someone will say that Bryson set the PGA record for fewest fairways hit in the final round of a major championship to win it? He hit like 5 out of 18 fairways, and his position on 18 after that drive was classic. Under a tree and the ball sitting on a tree root.

You missed an Open for the ages. Both contenders, two of the best in the world, were both choking in the final holes until Bryson earned a win on 18.

How much you want to bet tomorrow someone will say that Bryson set the PGA record for fewest fairways hit in the final round of a major championship to win it? He hit like 5 out of 18 fairways, and his position on 18 after that drive was classic. Under a tree and the ball sitting on a tree root.
That ball could have gone anywhere. Did you see that tree root about an inch from the ball? I thought he was going to hit the root and jack up his wrist. Then a 40 yard up and down from a bunker.

That ball could have gone anywhere. Did you see that tree root about an inch from the ball? I thought he was going to hit the root and jack up his wrist. Then a 40 yard up and down from a bunker.
Yea, that bunker shot was incredible, that is what this tournament should be remembered for, but everyone will be talking about those putts by Rory.

Yea, that bunker shot was incredible, that is what this tournament should be remembered for, but everyone will be talking about those putts by Rory.
I think Rory needs a new shrink. He clearly is way into his head about getting another major. With 40 wins and 4 majors he is a top shelf Hall of Famer. He should just say "Fuck the media, if I never win another tournament I'm still one of the best golfers whoever picked up a club."

I heard one on the radio say they thought "this could be a career ending loss" and another say that Rory "won't ever win another major" but I don't think either one is true. I hope he plays well at the British Open.

Forum List

Back