The Absurdity of U.S. Politics

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
We are in the middle of a campaign to select a future President while we don't even have a current President. Joe Biden is completely non compos mentis and has turned over our foreign policy to our military establishment, while our domestic policy is apparently being run by his wife and drug addicted son. Aren't we supposed to have a Vice President who can assume those duties?

What is going on? Have we sunk so far as a country to where everything is pretense? We pay lip service to the Constitution and Democracy, yet our elections do not really determine who is in charge or who is responsible for the actions that are taken. Instead, we simply vote for our favorite TV personalities and then go back to letting unseen others determine our future.

Amazing how you have so much insider info, how about a link to back up that true knowledge you share.

We are in the middle of a campaign to select a future President while we don't even have a current President. Joe Biden is completely non compos mentis and has turned over our foreign policy to our military establishment, while our domestic policy is apparently being run by his wife and drug addicted son. Aren't we supposed to have a Vice President who can assume those duties?

What is going on? Have we sunk so far as a country to where everything is pretense? We pay lip service to the Constitution and Democracy, yet our elections do not really determine who is in charge or who is responsible for the actions that are taken. Instead, we simply vote for our favorite TV personalities and then go back to letting unseen others determine our future.

Oh wow...sounds pretty serious.

What should we do about it?

sure....

Start the 36th rant on the subject.
The priceless thing about the OP’s mind-spasm was this:

we simply vote for our favorite TV personalities
He says that while pledging his heart and soul to someone who was a TV personality--and actually gets a SAG pension.

Trump supporters are so full of shit...it’s comical.

Excellent post. The lack of a free press and the rise of TikTok culture is poisoning this country.

The priceless thing about the OP’s mind-spasm was this:

He says that while pledging his heart and soul to someone who was a TV personality--and actually gets a SAG pension.

Trump supporters are so full of shit...it’s comical.
Sorry if my post was above your two-digit IQ. I deliberately used "our favorite TV personalities" to include both Presidential candidates. But the larger point (which you missed) is that we don't even have a current Chief Executive in the White House, and it appears that we don't think we need one. Do we know or care who actually runs the country?

Last edited:
Sorry if my post was above your two-digit IQ. I deliberately used "our favorite TV personalities" to include both Presidential candidates. But the larger point (which you missed) is that we don't have a current Chief Executive in the White House, and it appears that we don't think we need one. Do we even know or care who is actually the country?

Has anything in your life changed? Mine hasn't.

That is a multi-faceted question. Assuming you are referring to the past four years, I am four years older. As a retired person, inflation has outstripped my income. My grandchildren are financially burdened from $10 trillion in additional debt. As an American, I am morally burdened with contributing to the deaths of 500,000 Ukrainian soldiers.

Sorry if my post was above your two-digit IQ. I deliberately used "our favorite TV personalities" to include both Presidential candidates. But the larger point (which you missed) is that we don't even have a current Chief Executive in the White House, and it appears that we don't think we need one. Do we know or care who actually runs the country?
My only disagreement with you is dismissing Donald Trump as a "TV Personality". We will probably never see a private citizen run for President again after what he has been through. He deserves a ton of credit for what he has done and what he is trying to do to bring the country back.

Politics isn't absurd. It's still a Constitution based government by the people. What's different is our perception of politics when most of the media has become the propaganda arm of the democrat party. There is little outrage over the craziness of the Biden administration because it's protected by the media.

I read that you wrote that. I just discounted it as your usual garbage since President Biden...yes YOUR president...is running the nation.

And this statement right here is the crux of the problem, nothing is seemingly changing and won't appear that way until it does, and by then it will be too late.

And this statement right here is the crux of the problem, nothing is seemingly changing and won't appear that way until it does, and by then it will be too late.

Kinda vague there aren't you?

Kinda vague there aren't you?

When it all goes to shit, it will be too late. Until then keep comforting yourself that everything is 'status quo' since your life hasn't been negatively impacted by anything the left has done. Is that better?

When it all goes to shit, it will be too late.

Your complaint was about not currently having a president. That will be a short issue and I doubt it affects anyone.

It's all going to fall apart though, I've been noting that for awhile.

Until then keep comforting yourself that everything is 'status quo' since your life hasn't been negatively impacted by anything the left has done. Is that better?

How has yours been affected by Biden being pushed aside?

Forum List

Back