'The City That Bush Built'

There would be no reason. We can police ourselves. Obviously, there should judiciary triggers for third party plaintiffs; but no country in their right f'ing mind conducts military options while subjecting their soldiers to a highly politicized third party government.

I agree. The Iraqis didn't want to sign one of those agreements. Therefore, we got the fuck out.

There would be no reason. We can police ourselves. Obviously, there should judiciary triggers for third party plaintiffs; but no country in their right f'ing mind conducts military options while subjecting their soldiers to a highly politicized third party government.

I agree. The Iraqis didn't want to sign one of those agreements. Therefore, we got the fuck out.

Yea, why would the Iraqis want a superior and trustworthy military force to help them combat a hornet's nest of armed radicals? Give me a break, kool aid guy.

Yea, why would the Iraqis want a superior and trustworthy military force to help them combat a hornet's nest of armed radicals? Give me a break, kool aid guy.

Why would the Iraqis want the people who bombed their country into rubble to stay?

This is what you guys don't get. Nobody wants foriegners lording over them. Even well meaning ones. That's hwy EVERY empire in history has fallen.

You're argument is fucking lame. We were the protectors, not the fucking enemies. There's a reason the country went to shit when we left. You want to sell some lame fucking face value shit that defies the politics.

Please.....there's a difference between gross crimes against humanity (I'm guessing committed while not on duty too) and the military not being considered an autonomous organization. Stop throwing out straw man arguments. You're fucking lame.

so you think there are some cases where the Iraqis SHOULD be able to arrest our soldiers?

Really?

Are we going to extradite the perpertrators of Abu Grahib to them?

I said nothing about Iraqis arresting our soldiers. That would be preposterous.

Why would the Iraqis want the people who bombed their country into rubble to stay?

This is what you guys don't get. Nobody wants foriegners lording over them. Even well meaning ones. That's hwy EVERY empire in history has fallen.

Saddam was their oppressor. Stop your crying about a war that liberated 20 million people.

You're argument is fucking lame. We were the protectors, not the fucking enemies. There's a reason the country went to shit when we left. You want to sell some lame fucking face value shit that defies the politics.

No, guy, the reason why the country went to shit is that the Shi'ites, Sunnis and Kurds REALLY FUCKING HATE EACH OTHER.

We weren't debating why the country went to shit. But way to move those goal posts. Again, the Iraqi people who are mostly peace loving people would have wanted our protection. Now, they're fucked. And you're pointing to lame shit that was always meant to be a face value excuse because you're a fucking partisan hack.

Saddam was their oppressor. Stop your crying about a war that liberated 20 million people.

And killed a million of them. But if you were one of th 20 million who got to live, you only had to put up with lawlessness, starvation, poverty and some crazy people coming by to kill you because your name is Umar instead of Omar.

Southern Iraq was stabalizing when were there. Now, it's crap. Do the math.

Irbil (Erbil, Arbil), Kurdistan (Northern Iraq) is a city in Northern Iraq that is thriving now that Saddam Hussein's reign of terror is over. Of course, this is something that the anti-Christian, pro-Obama media does not want to tell you.

Here are some comments from YT users:

I live in Erbil and when I first moved to Erbil in 2007 it was really boring and like a desert but in the past 6 years Erbil improved really fast and now it's the most beautiful country I know and also I know that what I'm about to say right makes no deal with what I said first but the cafe and the supermarket is all in Royal Mall

I wish Erbil become the example of all middle east city, peace, loving and respectful no matter what or who you are, religion or race ... blessings to all Kurdistan, hope for the best.

Kurds throw off the chains of evil Islam which was forced on you by mohammeds killers, and truly become free!!

omfg bitch KURDISTAN isn't a MUSLIM COUNTRY

we kurdish dont even have the word racisim we dont bleive in that word we think everyone is equal :)

I think Erbil is a very safe and nice place to live in, people are helpful and not overbearing...shopping is decent, though more international brands are welcome!! ;)

Kurdistan can be the newest, modern and democratic nation not to mention it is strategically located in the Middle East Region.

There is no discrimination or racisim in Kurdistan absolutely

Technically no, their is a region in northern Iraq where the kurds live. They want independence but currently geopolitics wont allow that. But they are independant in all but name, they have a government, an army and a rich culture.

Erbil is one of the friendliest cities I have ever been to. I would absolutely LOVE to go back!

Women are free to go anywhere within any part of Kurdistan. There are no restrictions and lack of women in certain regions is a precaution taken by the women themselves for respect and safety reasons.

LONG LIVE KURDISTAN!
from Israel :)

Israel support free Kurdistan - good luck, hope Gd protect you.

I'm kurdish from Arbil and in Kurdistan everybody love america and american peoples

You'll notice that the Kurds are enjoying great prosperity. Though, it is greatly threatened by the Obama sanctioned rise of Syrian Rebels and ISIS.

OP Title Note: Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a partisan and would not try to truly paint GWB as a grand hero. I speak somewhat tongue n' cheek with the title. Though, it is a response to all the liberal propaganda that the Iraq War was a waste. IMO, had Bush really been interested in doing the right thing, Kurdistan would be its own country right now.

How's the rest of Iraq doing?

Irbil (Erbil, Arbil), Kurdistan (Northern Iraq) is a city in Northern Iraq that is thriving now that Saddam Hussein's reign of terror is over. Of course, this is something that the anti-Christian, pro-Obama media does not want to tell you.

Here are some comments from YT users:

I live in Erbil and when I first moved to Erbil in 2007 it was really boring and like a desert but in the past 6 years Erbil improved really fast and now it's the most beautiful country I know and also I know that what I'm about to say right makes no deal with what I said first but the cafe and the supermarket is all in Royal Mall

I wish Erbil become the example of all middle east city, peace, loving and respectful no matter what or who you are, religion or race ... blessings to all Kurdistan, hope for the best.

Kurds throw off the chains of evil Islam which was forced on you by mohammeds killers, and truly become free!!

omfg bitch KURDISTAN isn't a MUSLIM COUNTRY

we kurdish dont even have the word racisim we dont bleive in that word we think everyone is equal :)

I think Erbil is a very safe and nice place to live in, people are helpful and not overbearing...shopping is decent, though more international brands are welcome!! ;)

Kurdistan can be the newest, modern and democratic nation not to mention it is strategically located in the Middle East Region.

There is no discrimination or racisim in Kurdistan absolutely

Technically no, their is a region in northern Iraq where the kurds live. They want independence but currently geopolitics wont allow that. But they are independant in all but name, they have a government, an army and a rich culture.

Erbil is one of the friendliest cities I have ever been to. I would absolutely LOVE to go back!

Women are free to go anywhere within any part of Kurdistan. There are no restrictions and lack of women in certain regions is a precaution taken by the women themselves for respect and safety reasons.

LONG LIVE KURDISTAN!
from Israel :)

Israel support free Kurdistan - good luck, hope Gd protect you.

I'm kurdish from Arbil and in Kurdistan everybody love america and american peoples

You'll notice that the Kurds are enjoying great prosperity. Though, it is greatly threatened by the Obama sanctioned rise of Syrian Rebels and ISIS.

OP Title Note: Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a partisan and would not try to truly paint GWB as a grand hero. I speak somewhat tongue n' cheek with the title. Though, it is a response to all the liberal propaganda that the Iraq War was a waste. IMO, had Bush really been interested in doing the right thing, Kurdistan would be its own country right now.

How's the rest of Iraq doing?

Not good. Your point?

Not good. Your point?

You're trying to cite one city thriving as a positive retrospective affirmation of Bush's decision to invade Iraq. You are committing the converse accident fallacy. You are taking the exception, and holding it up as if it were the general. Iraq, by and large, is much worse off since Saddam Hussein was deposed.

Not good. Your point?

You're trying to cite one city thriving as a positive retrospective affirmation of Bush's decision to invade Iraq. You are committing the converse accident fallacy. You are taking the exception, and holding it up as if it were the general. Iraq, by and large, is much worse off since Saddam Hussein was deposed.

Actually, if you read the OP more carefully, you'd know I'm not trying to talk up Bush. I'm actually slamming the liberal p.o.v that the Iraq War was a total waste. So, maybe you should read more and tout pretentious fallacies that don't apply less.

Also, I wouldn't say 'Iraq is by and large worse off since Saddam Hussein was deposed.' If Southern Iraq is worse though it's cos Obama cut and ran. And it certainly doesn't help that Obama armed the Syrian rebels either while offering no support to the peace loving Kurds.

Last edited:
We weren't debating why the country went to shit. But way to move those goal posts. Again, the Iraqi people who are mostly peace loving people would have wanted our protection. Now, they're fucked. And you're pointing to lame shit that was always meant to be a face value excuse because you're a fucking partisan hack.

So you mean when you said, "here's a reason the country went to shit when we left." You weren't really debating why the country went to shit? So when those "mostly peace loving" Iraqis were in a 8 year war with Iran, invaded Kuwait, shot missiles at Saudi Arabia and the Zionists, and spent years fighting amongst themselves, it was because they were just begging for the world's protection?

Uh, no guy. Reality- Iraq was always a fiction meant to put three peoples who had nothing to do with each other in a single country under what the British hoped was a pliable minority. If we were concerned about Iraqi Stability, we should have left Saddam the fuck alone.

Actually, if you read the OP more carefully, you'd know I'm not trying to talk up Bush. I'm actually slamming the liberal p.o.v that the Iraq War was a total waste. So, maybe you should read more and tout pretentious fallacies that don't apply less.

News bulliten. The Iraq War WAS a total waste. A waste of money, a waste of lives, a waster of potential. It was based on a lie and we threw out our principles and most of the world truly and rightfully hates us for doing so. They all told us it was a terrible idea, and Bush went ahead and did it anyway.

We should deliver Bush and Cheney to the Hague as War criminals.

Yea, it's a good thing we don't have a base of operations (sarcasm).

Yes, it's totally awesome we don't have more troops coming home in Body Bags from that country.

Who says that? I agree that in the short term our body count is lower. But if we end up having to go back to the middle east, then ultimately I believe our death count will be higher. I hope for the best; but I acknowledge the risks we're taking.

Forum List

Back