'The City That Bush Built'

The Kurds are kicking ISIS ass and the RW's don't like it... that makes this thread irrelevant.

You are truly a SPECIAL kind of stupid, boy.

I'm just asking the question, guy... do the picture of some Kurds living large really make up for THIS.

looters-new-orleans_793512c.jpg

Heckuva Job, Bush! We totally need to elect your brother!
Joe was there with Brian...a real Effin hero!

The Kurds took measures for their independence and then a dictator gased innocent civilians. You're the only one shedding a tear for Saddam.

Where did I shed a tear for Saddam?

We didn't go to war because we gave a fuck about the Kurds. We went to war because the Zionists wanted Saddam gone and the Oil Companies wanted access to that oil. I'm sorry if you are so fucking gullible that you really think ANYONE gave fuck one about the Kurds.

Oil companies, zionists bla bla bla. It's not relevant to whether Saddam was justified to gas the Kurds or the Kurds' right to independence. And yes, you were shedding tears for Saddam.

Last edited:
Oil companies, zionists bla bla bla. It's not relevant to whether Saddam was justified to gas the Kurds or the Kurds' right to independence. And yes, you were shedding tears for Saddam.

No, I shed tears for 4500 Americans who died and 32,000 who were injured because Bush wanted to avenge his Daddy!

The Kurds were terrorists. Saddam was doing the exact same thing WE would do and have done in the same circumstances.

Irbil (Erbil, Arbil), Kurdistan (Northern Iraq) is a city in Northern Iraq that is thriving now that Saddam Hussein's reign of terror is over. Of course, this is something that the anti-Christian, pro-Obama media does not want to tell you.

Here are some comments from YT users:

I live in Erbil and when I first moved to Erbil in 2007 it was really boring and like a desert but in the past 6 years Erbil improved really fast and now it's the most beautiful country I know and also I know that what I'm about to say right makes no deal with what I said first but the cafe and the supermarket is all in Royal Mall

I wish Erbil become the example of all middle east city, peace, loving and respectful no matter what or who you are, religion or race ... blessings to all Kurdistan, hope for the best.

Kurds throw off the chains of evil Islam which was forced on you by mohammeds killers, and truly become free!!

omfg bitch KURDISTAN isn't a MUSLIM COUNTRY

we kurdish dont even have the word racisim we dont bleive in that word we think everyone is equal :)

I think Erbil is a very safe and nice place to live in, people are helpful and not overbearing...shopping is decent, though more international brands are welcome!! ;)

Kurdistan can be the newest, modern and democratic nation not to mention it is strategically located in the Middle East Region.

There is no discrimination or racisim in Kurdistan absolutely

Technically no, their is a region in northern Iraq where the kurds live. They want independence but currently geopolitics wont allow that. But they are independant in all but name, they have a government, an army and a rich culture.

Erbil is one of the friendliest cities I have ever been to. I would absolutely LOVE to go back!

Women are free to go anywhere within any part of Kurdistan. There are no restrictions and lack of women in certain regions is a precaution taken by the women themselves for respect and safety reasons.

LONG LIVE KURDISTAN!
from Israel :)

Israel support free Kurdistan - good luck, hope Gd protect you.

I'm kurdish from Arbil and in Kurdistan everybody love america and american peoples

You'll notice that the Kurds are enjoying great prosperity. Though, it is greatly threatened by the Obama sanctioned rise of Syrian Rebels and ISIS.

OP Title Note: Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a partisan and would not try to truly paint GWB as a grand hero. I speak somewhat tongue n' cheek with the title. Though, it is a response to all the liberal propaganda that the Iraq War was a waste. IMO, had Bush really been interested in doing the right thing, Kurdistan would be its own country right now.

Would you trade 4000 lives for each city in the ME we could make a bit more pleasant?

You are one sick fuck.
Listen i kind of like your intelegent liberal posts
But on this one you are so wrong, do you think 400,000 Americans death were in vain in world war II? You do know 72 million plus died in that war
WW2 Statistics

Yes those 4,000 deaths were worth it.

You're a fucking idiot. Do you support putting 100,000 troops into Nigeria to fight Boko Haram?

I certainly do! The troops should all be African soldiers authorized by the United Nations to destroy Boko Haram. The US should provide logistical and intelligence to the UN force.

Do you remember this was a war conceived on lies and trumped up information.

Irbil (Erbil, Arbil), Kurdistan (Northern Iraq) is a city in Northern Iraq that is thriving now that Saddam Hussein's reign of terror is over. Of course, this is something that the anti-Christian, pro-Obama media does not want to tell you.

I live in Erbil and when I first moved to Erbil in 2007 it was really boring and like a desert but in the past 6 years Erbil improved really fast and now it's the most beautiful country I know and also I know that what I'm about to say right makes no deal with what I said first but the cafe and the supermarket is all in Royal Mall

I wish Erbil become the example of all middle east city, peace, loving and respectful no matter what or who you are, religion or race ... blessings to all Kurdistan, hope for the best.

Kurds throw off the chains of evil Islam which was forced on you by mohammeds killers, and truly become free!!

we kurdish dont even have the word racisim we dont bleive in that word we think everyone is equal :)

I think Erbil is a very safe and nice place to live in, people are helpful and not overbearing...shopping is decent, though more international brands are welcome!! ;)

Kurdistan can be the newest, modern and democratic nation not to mention it is strategically located in the Middle East Region.

Technically no, their is a region in northern Iraq where the kurds live. They want independence but currently geopolitics wont allow that. But they are independant in all but name, they have a government, an army and a rich culture.

Erbil is one of the friendliest cities I have ever been to. I would absolutely LOVE to go back!

Women are free to go anywhere within any part of Kurdistan. There are no restrictions and lack of women in certain regions is a precaution taken by the women themselves for respect and safety reasons.

LONG LIVE KURDISTAN!

I'm kurdish from Arbil and in Kurdistan everybody love america and american peoples

You'll notice that the Kurds are enjoying great prosperity. Though, it is greatly threatened by the Obama sanctioned rise of Syrian Rebels and ISIS.

OP Title Note: Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a partisan and would not try to truly paint GWB as a grand hero. I speak somewhat tongue n' cheek with the title. Though, it is a response to all the liberal propaganda that the Iraq War was a waste. IMO, had Bush really been interested in doing the right thing, Kurdistan would be its own country right now.

Would you trade 4000 lives for each city in the ME we could make a bit more pleasant?

You are one sick fuck.
But on this one you are so wrong, do you think 400,000 Americans death were in vain in world war II? You do know 72 million plus died in that war
WW2 Statistics

I don't remember the lies unless you are calling these people liars.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

The Iraq war was a waste.

But typical of conservatives to pretend that Bush accomplished something. And interesting that they champion American taxpayers building cities for other nations.

:thup:
No Obama pulling out made it a huge cluster fuck, he had a choice to stay, by the god damn US military guns Bitch , since when do we honor treatys?
Just ask the American Indians

He did not have a choice to stay other than a forced occupation. Is that what you think he should have done?

Obama has US troops in Iraq right now without a SOFA. Do you call that a forced occupation?

Nice over simplification. The agreement could've been renewed. Obama declined.

"...it required that all U.S. forces be gone from Iraq by January 1, 2012, unless the Iraqi government was willing to negotiate a new agreement that would extend their mandate. And as Middle East historian Juan Cole has noted, “Bush had to sign what the [Iraqi] parliament gave him or face the prospect that U.S. troops would have to leave by 31 December, 2008, something that would have been interpreted as a defeat… Bush and his generals clearly expected, however, that over time Washington would be able to wriggle out of the treaty and would find a way to keep a division or so in Iraq past that deadline.”

But ending the U.S. troop presence in Iraq was an overwhelmingly popular demand among Iraqis, and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appears to have been unwilling to take the political risk of extending it. While he was inclined to see a small number of American soldiers stay behind to continue mentoring Iraqi forces, the likes of Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, on whose support Maliki’s ruling coalition depends, were having none of it. Even the Obama Administration’s plan to keep some 3,000 trainers behind failed because the Iraqis were unwilling to grant them the legal immunity from local prosecution that is common to SOF agreements in most countries where U.S. forces are based.

Iraq s Government Not Obama Called Time on the U.S. Troop Presence TIME.com

How many troops are back in Iraq without a SOFA signed by the Iraqi parliament today?

Nice over simplification. The agreement could've been renewed. Obama declined.

"...it required that all U.S. forces be gone from Iraq by January 1, 2012, unless the Iraqi government was willing to negotiate a new agreement that would extend their mandate. And as Middle East historian Juan Cole has noted, “Bush had to sign what the [Iraqi] parliament gave him or face the prospect that U.S. troops would have to leave by 31 December, 2008, something that would have been interpreted as a defeat… Bush and his generals clearly expected, however, that over time Washington would be able to wriggle out of the treaty and would find a way to keep a division or so in Iraq past that deadline.”

But ending the U.S. troop presence in Iraq was an overwhelmingly popular demand among Iraqis, and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appears to have been unwilling to take the political risk of extending it. While he was inclined to see a small number of American soldiers stay behind to continue mentoring Iraqi forces, the likes of Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, on whose support Maliki’s ruling coalition depends, were having none of it. Even the Obama Administration’s plan to keep some 3,000 trainers behind failed because the Iraqis were unwilling to grant them the legal immunity from local prosecution that is common to SOF agreements in most countries where U.S. forces are based.

Iraq s Government Not Obama Called Time on the U.S. Troop Presence TIME.com

How many troops are back in Iraq without a SOFA signed by the Iraqi parliament today?
Thank you , I should of Thought of that one

It was a war of lies. It sure is funny you neglected to name one republican.
That makes your credibility..............ZERO

LONG LIVE KURDISTAN!

You are one sick fuck.
WW2 Statistics

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

The Kurds were terrorists. Saddam was doing the exact same thing WE would do and have done in the same circumstances.

Nah, dude. That's nut ball tears. You might as well call George Washington a terrorist while you're at it.

One man's terrorist IS another man's freedom fighter.

We've already established this when Ronnie Ray-Gun called bin Laden A "Freedom Fighter".

It was a war of lies. It sure is funny you neglected to name one republican.
That makes your credibility..............ZERO

You are one sick fuck.
WW2 Statistics

I named just as many Republicans as you did. I don't consider any of these quotes from Democrats lies. They were saying the same thing that GWB said and it was based on the US intel coming from the Bill Clinton appointed CIA Director and others.

Nah, dude. That's nut ball tears. You might as well call George Washington a terrorist while you're at it.

One man's terrorist IS another man's freedom fighter.

We've already established this when Ronnie Ray-Gun called bin Laden A "Freedom Fighter".

Every argument on such matters reverts to this circular logic you have:

OBL is a freedom fighter when it suits what you're arguing. But when you're talking about those hated Republicans, then Reagan aided and abetted a bad man. You don't get to have it both ways.

Last edited:

OBL is a freedom fighter when it suits what you're arguing. But when you're talking about those hated Republicans, then Reagan aided and abetted a bad man. You don't get to have it both ways.

Guy, I've always stated that "Freedom Fighter" and "Terrorist" is largely a point of view, namely, on which direction their guns are pointed.

Reagan did abet a bad man, and he knew he was abetting a bad man. But he thought the dirty stinking commies were worse. So he engaged in the fiction that bin laden and his boys were 'Freedom Fighters". And he thought Saddam was a "Freedom fighter' when he was stomping out the Kurds led by the communist leaning PKK.

This is one of the biggest problem with American Foreign Policy is that we tend to see the world as a big chessboard when most of the world is only interested in the square they happen to be living in.

JoeB,
Honestly I think the RW here have lost the plot... They are beaten on every thread... The problem they have is facts go against their beliefs all the time...
Look at Global Warming, Evolution, their brand of foreign policy... They have all turned out to be disasters...

The regular RW here thinks ISIS and Cuba are the enemy... They don't see that Obesity and Pollution are killing 100s of times more Americans. The thing is they say they hate socialism while driving on public roads cheering on the US army... They are clueless...

They have been duped by the Koch Brothers (and friends) to be there mouth pieces... Look at Global Warming, the Conservatives where using common sense early on but look at them now... They actually believe there is a world conspiracy and they only ones to figure it out....

Guy, I've always stated that "Freedom Fighter" and "Terrorist" is largely a point of view, namely, on which direction their guns are pointed.

Reagan did abet a bad man, and he knew he was abetting a bad man. But he thought the dirty stinking commies were worse. So he engaged in the fiction that bin laden and his boys were 'Freedom Fighters". And he thought Saddam was a "Freedom fighter' when he was stomping out the Kurds led by the communist leaning PKK.

This is one of the biggest problem with American Foreign Policy is that we tend to see the world as a big chessboard when most of the world is only interested in the square they happen to be living in.

Bin Laden and Saddam were heartless murderers; they were'n't freedom fighters, dude. Your POV nonsense is a total cop-out. You want to indict Reagan, Bush, Clinton, whomever; then fine. But that doesn't mean that OBL and Saddam weren't heinous mass murderers. No POV justifies their BS.

Bin Laden and Saddam were heartless murderers; they were'n't freedom fighters, dude. Your POV nonsense is a total cop-out. You want to indict Reagan, Bush, Clinton, whomever; then fine. But that doesn't mean that OBL and Saddam weren't heinous mass murderers. No POV justifies their BS.

Of course they were heinous mass murderers. So are a lot of people who have statues in public places.

The difference between Heinous Mass Murderers and National Hero is the difference between Losers and Winners.

Forum List

Back