The comedy never stops in Illinois, War between the Gov and Mayor

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Glad I left that dump of a blue state 11 years ago

Illinois governor, Chicago mayor feud leads to dead fish

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A war of words between Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel over which government is in the worst financial shape took a bizarre turn on Friday with the purchase of fish.

I bought a gift for a special person," the Republican governor told reporters at a Chicago market. "I bought some fish...to send some dead fish to the mayor. I think he will deeply appreciate that as only he can."

Early in his political career, Emanuel once sent a message to a pollster via a dead fish. In Mafia lore, a sent dead fish signifies someone is sleeping with the fishes and no longer alive

While Rauner acknowledged his fish plan was all in fun, he continued to criticize the mayor for pushing through a city budget this week with a record property tax hike, calling the move "a massive mistake" because it was not coupled with cost-saving reforms

°Snip°

Rauner's pro-business reform agenda for the state has been met with opposition from Democrats who control the legislature and the two sides have yet to agree on a budget nearly five months into fiscal 2016

Both Illinois and Chicago have severe financial problems stemming largely from unfunded pensions for their workers.

Ya notice they said "unfunded pensions"

Instead of saying more truthfully -" Unfunded Union pensions?"

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A war of words between Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel over which government is in the worst financial shape took a bizarre turn on Friday with the purchase of fish.

I bought a gift for a special person," the Republican governor told reporters at a Chicago market. "I bought some fish...to send some dead fish to the mayor. I think he will deeply appreciate that as only he can."

Early in his political career, Emanuel once sent a message to a pollster via a dead fish. In Mafia lore, a sent dead fish signifies someone is sleeping with the fishes and no longer alive

While Rauner acknowledged his fish plan was all in fun, he continued to criticize the mayor for pushing through a city budget this week with a record property tax hike, calling the move "a massive mistake" because it was not coupled with cost-saving reforms

°Snip°

Rauner's pro-business reform agenda for the state has been met with opposition from Democrats who control the legislature and the two sides have yet to agree on a budget nearly five months into fiscal 2016

Both Illinois and Chicago have severe financial problems stemming largely from unfunded pensions for their workers.
Chicago has all the gun control of the world, but no criminal control.

How is that working for them??

Time to split-off the City of Chicago and its inner-city shit-holes - and maybe the rest of Cook County - from the rest of the State of Illinois.

The State has been propping-up the Chicago Public School System and the Chicago Transit Authority and the West and South Side Ghettoes for far too long.

That $500 million dollar property tax hike is earmarked entirely for the union pension fund. So liberals slap a $500 million dollar tax increase on the poor and middle class and give the money to their union pals so they can kick back part of the money into the Dem re-election campaign coffers. Democratic party corruption is alive and well in Chicago.

°Snip°

I didn't know CCW was legal now in Chicago until I just read this article.

Chicago police: Customer with concealed carry license kills armed man threatening to rob store | Star Tribune

Time to split-off the City of Chicago and its inner-city shit-holes - and maybe the rest of Cook County - from the rest of the State of Illinois.

The State has been propping-up the Chicago Public School System and the Chicago Transit Authority and the West and South Side Ghettoes for far too long.

I remember in the 80s their was talk of cook county forming it's own state. Wish they did....

°Snip°

I didn't know CCW was legal now in Chicago until I just read this article.

Chicago police: Customer with concealed carry license kills armed man threatening to rob store | Star Tribune
Don't call 911, Arm yourself...

°Snip°

Should have sent him a horses head, and a DVD of the Godfather

That $500 million dollar property tax hike is earmarked entirely for the union pension fund. So liberals slap a $500 million dollar tax increase on the poor and middle class and give the money to their union pals so they can kick back part of the money into the Dem re-election campaign coffers. Democratic party corruption is alive and well in Chicago.
What?

The Democratic Party Machine in Chicago is corrupt?

Hmmmm...

Is the bear Catholic?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

What?

Hmmmm...

Is the bear Catholic?

The left always complains today about the right gerymandering , Heck me thinks the Chicago democrat machine invented that word a 100 years ago with their corrupt ward map.

What?

Hmmmm...

Is the bear Catholic?

The left always complains today about the right gerymandering , Heck me thinks the Chicago democrat machine invented that word a 100 years ago with their corrupt ward map.
Yep... the Chicago Democratic Party Machine has routinely gerrymandered Ward and Congressional District boundaries in Chicago and Cook County, to dilute the Black Vote as much as possible, while giving the false outward appearance of helping to empower them. Lying sacks of shit. It's where Obumble got his start.

Forum List

Back