The Damage of the Depression Wasn't Economic

Same old shit thread.....just post the last one and you will find the same old partisan lines of logic..

One can always recognize a Leftist Roosevelt supporter by the vulgarity.

And, no....it will not be 'the same'....other than the indictment of Franklin Roosevelt. New facts and details in every thread.
Your use of illiterate trends in character assassination reminds me of the flushing a diaper down the toilet gag done by toddlers...

Translation: "Dang....I wish I could find even a single error in that OP!!!!"
There are so many it is hardly worth addressing...Which is the case with your previous spamulicious post on the very same issue..

"....it is hardly worth addressing.."

He says, after several vapid posts.

Do you really believe that no one understands that to mean that you can't?
If you think everyone is like you, you must have a really low opinion of everyone else.

The more interesting question is, with his horrific record of economic failure, how was FDR re-elected three times? And had he been healthy, there is little doubt he would have re-elected a few more times before he died a natural death.

Why?

I want to keep this thread to the specifics of the title....but here's the short answer:

1. O'Sullivan's First Law (a.k.a. O'Sullivan's Law), paraphrased by George Will as stating that any institution that is not libertarian and classically liberal will, over time, become collectivist and statist.

O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows. http://old.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback-jos062603.asp

And....
2. Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy The "iron law of oligarchy" states that all forms of organization, regardless of how democratic they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop oligarchic tendencies, thus making true democracy practically and theoretically impossible, especially in large groups and complex organizations. The relative structural fluidity in a small-scale democracy succumbs to "social viscosity" in a large-scale organization. According to the "iron law," democracy and large-scale organization are incompatible. Iron law of oligarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well that was certainly a lesson at metal masturbation,but, it hardly addresses the nature of the question....

"All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing....."

The press, academia, the entire chattering class.

Why does everything have to be spoon-fed to you Liberals?

This why?

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"
Coulter

Ah, yes "appeal to Coulter"...... Is she the source of the opening post?

Same old shit thread.....just post the last one and you will find the same old partisan lines of logic..

And, no....it will not be 'the same'....other than the indictment of Franklin Roosevelt. New facts and details in every thread.
Your use of illiterate trends in character assassination reminds me of the flushing a diaper down the toilet gag done by toddlers...

There are so many it is hardly worth addressing...Which is the case with your previous spamulicious post on the very same issue..

If you think everyone is like you, you must have a really low opinion of everyone else.
Is there some reason why you try reiterating your tired argument, which is proven a fallacy by the very fact that the population of the USA voted for FDR to become president 4 times, after the fact that the GOP did nothing to help with the economy except tariffs?

The more interesting question is, with his horrific record of economic failure, how was FDR re-elected three times? And had he been healthy, there is little doubt he would have re-elected a few more times before he died a natural death.

Why?

I want to keep this thread to the specifics of the title....but here's the short answer:

1. O'Sullivan's First Law (a.k.a. O'Sullivan's Law), paraphrased by George Will as stating that any institution that is not libertarian and classically liberal will, over time, become collectivist and statist.

O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows. http://old.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback-jos062603.asp

And....
2. Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy The "iron law of oligarchy" states that all forms of organization, regardless of how democratic they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop oligarchic tendencies, thus making true democracy practically and theoretically impossible, especially in large groups and complex organizations. The relative structural fluidity in a small-scale democracy succumbs to "social viscosity" in a large-scale organization. According to the "iron law," democracy and large-scale organization are incompatible. Iron law of oligarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well that was certainly a lesson at metal masturbation,but, it hardly addresses the nature of the question....

"All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing....."

This why?

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"
Coulter

Oh, my.....an 'I hate Coulter' post.

How.....incisive.

Why?

And....

This why?

Coulter

Ann is one of her favorite tranny article writers of propaganda...

Is there some reason why you try reiterating your tired argument, which is proven a fallacy by the very fact that the population of the USA voted for FDR to become president 4 times, after the fact that the GOP did nothing to help with the economy except tariffs?

"....your tired argument, which is proven a fallacy by the very fact that the population of the USA voted for FDR to become president 4 times,..."

And yet more proof that Coulter is a genius.

"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

Ann is one of her favorite tranny article writers of propaganda...
true

they call them "ADAM's" Apples for a reason ;)

coulteradamsapple.jpg

The important question is, could anyone have done any better in managing the recession, the 'serious crisis', than Franklin Roosevelt did?
You betcha!

4. "Warren G. Harding inherited the Woodrow Wilson mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged.

Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

With Harding’s tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway! The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime."
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig4/powell-jim4.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

"...tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy,..." was the cure.

Don't you think Roosevelt knew this?

If he knew the best economic policy.....why did he do the very opposite?

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Government school graduates are never taught the above, as it interferes with the elevation of Franklin Roosevelt to god-like status: his mismanagement multiplied the extent of the Depression.

The Federal reserve crashed the economy by withdrawing 1/3 of the money supply.

FDR averaged 20% unemployment from his inauguration until Hitler conquered France in 1940. Worst economic record ih human history, eclipsing the 7 Biblical lean years

More monkey business with "average"....

In 1933, the rate was nearly 25%........in 1940 it was 14.45.....
good point. Well Frank57?

And by God, what did the GOP do during the previous years during the depression in which they thought like Pollochick, that doing nothing was the thing to do?

They are the same issue's the OP has repeated over and over, and been debunked and shown to be dishonest over and over.

The GOP tried but it was an effort too late..The Dems decided to listen to the people and help out, what resulted was democratic party dominance, something the GOP is still butt hurt over to this day....

"The Dems decided to listen to the people and help out,..."

WHAT????

Why are you sooooo committed to post truly inane and false opinion pieces....without even the most flimsiest of documentation????

Simply to increase your post totals????

How about you restrict yourself to the equally incisive "Oh, yeah...sez you!!!!"

Look....stay with this thread for an education.
Or....take a cookie and go back to bed.

There's no way you just went there....
Complete and utter Asian dementia complex...

I must interject Moon, PC is surely correct about "only right leaning" organizations stay right. The thesis is 100% accurate. What happens is, the people at the top assume to much power, the organization turns left, and the people in the bottom rung are then summarily removed and replaced.

Why do you think the largest; or almost the largest group of voters in the country are independents? The Democrats removed the moderates, and the Republicans became establishment, so many became independent.

It is also why we always proclaim that neither party is as it once was. Today's Republicans now reside left of middle where the Democratic party once stood, and the Democrats have gone off the reservation totally left.

It is why some of us laugh hysterically when you guys claim that today's GOP is full of rightwing crazies. No it isn't! It is full of people who stand where the Democrats once stood not 40 years ago, it is just young Democrats aren't aware of it.

It is also why we always proclaim that neither party is as it once was. Today's Republicans now reside left of middle where the Democratic party once stood, and the Democrats have gone off the reservation totally left.

It is why some of us laugh hysterically when you guys claim that today's GOP is full of rightwing crazies. No it isn't! It is full of people who stand where the Democrats once stood not 40 years ago, it is just young Democrats aren't aware of it.
Today's Republicans now reside left of middle :rofl:

Today's Republicans now reside left of middle :rofl:
That would make the radical repubs communist....

Forum List

Back