The Episcopal Church Approves Religious Weddings For Gays

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
The bishops of the Episcopal Church have authorized their clergy to perform same-sex weddings, but don’t expect sweeping changes across the entire denomination anytime soon. Episcopalians voted Wednesday to allow religious weddings for gay couples, but not every priest will necessarily officiate at a same-sex wedding.

The Episcopal Church approves religious weddings for gay couples after controversial debate - The Washington Post

I don't want my sons and grandsons to be forced to learn how to sodomize other boys in sex ed classes in public school. I was always sure that only the churches can save us from homosexuality by denying the marriage on religious grounds. I was wrong. They support it. That's so extremely evil! Wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God!

The bishops of the Episcopal Church have authorized their clergy to perform same-sex weddings, but don’t expect sweeping changes across the entire denomination anytime soon. Episcopalians voted Wednesday to allow religious weddings for gay couples, but not every priest will necessarily officiate at a same-sex wedding.

The Episcopal Church approves religious weddings for gay couples after controversial debate - The Washington Post

I don't want my sons and grandsons to be forced to learn how to sodomize other boys in sex ed classes in public school. I was always sure that only the churches can save us from homosexuality by denying the marriage on religious grounds. I was wrong. They support it. That's so extremely evil! Wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God!
It's Groundhog day all over again, and again.................................................

Jesus teaches that we must find love for others, especially those who stray or are fallen. But he also makes it clear that God has certain expectations of us that are difficult, put before human desires, and are not negotiable. The Bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin, you don't vote on God's laws

Will the Mormons be the last again?

Support-for-SSM-by-Religious-Affiliation-copy1-640x828.jpg

The Episcopal church is awesome because they are truly committed to following Jesus's command to love your neighbor.

It is amazing to me how hard some people find it to follow Jesus's command.

Guess Christianity isn't against homosexuality huh. :)

It would be more meaningful if ssm wasn't an issue that split so many denominations.

I find it logically impossible to be both against homosexuality and to follow Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. Those people who find it hard to follow Jesus will hide behind things said by Paul and things said in Leviticus. There are always ways to find an excuse not to love your neighbor.

I find it logically impossible to be both against homosexuality and to follow Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. Those people who find it hard to follow Jesus will hide behind things said by Paul and things said in Leviticus. There are always ways to find an excuse not to love your neighbor.

Logical if they hate themselves to hate their neighbors. :)

Like the song says, if you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything at all. As the popes encyclical shows, all,denominations,are,straying away from the spiritual to enter the realm of the secular. Episcopalians are hemorrhaging members so I guess there are not a lot of people happy with their message. The left is getting what they want, they are making religion irrelevant.

Episcopalian Church Membership Dips Below 2 Million

No, just on Hannity last night I saw a priest confronting a liberal spokeswoman about what they had in mind for churches if they didn't cave to gay marriage. She admitted that yes, the next step was to remove tax exemptions from churches if they didn't comply. This is the pussy ass episcopal church assigning its leadership to the fires of hell all for the price of a few tax breaks.

They might want to sit down and review Jude 1 again. I realize they broke from the Roman Catholics. They're like "diet catholics". And the arguments over venial sins may or may not be valid. But to argue over a mortal sin that carries in no uncertain terms the punishment of soul-death, from the New Testament, from Jude, about as close to the 'horse's mouth' (Jesus) as you can get, is one they might want to take a second look at before ..well...just read it guys...read it and weep for your eternal souls..

No, just on Hannity last night I saw a priest confronting a liberal spokeswoman about what they had in mind for churches if they didn't cave to gay marriage. She admitted that yes, the next step was to remove tax exemptions from churches if they didn't comply. This is the pussy ass episcopal church assigning its leadership to the fires of hell all for the price of a few tax breaks.

They might want to sit down and review Jude 1 again. I realize they broke from the Roman Catholics. They're like "diet catholics". And the arguments over venial sins may or may not be valid. But to argue over a mortal sin that carries in no uncertain terms the punishment of soul-death, from the New Testament, from Jude, about as close to the 'horse's mouth' (Jesus) as you can get, is one they might want to take a second look at before ..well...just read it guys...read it and weep for your eternal souls..

The Episcopal Church is very devoted to following Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. Some Christian churches are far less devoted to following this command and are more like followers of Paul or other Jewish prophets than followers of Christ.

Like the song says, if you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything at all. As the popes encyclical shows, all,denominations,are,straying away from the spiritual to enter the realm of the secular. Episcopalians are hemorrhaging members so I guess there are not a lot of people happy with their message. The left is getting what they want, they are making religion irrelevant.

Episcopalian Church Membership Dips Below 2 Million

From your own link;

The Episcopal Church is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion, which has about 80 million members and is increasing in numbers in the more socially conservative global south.​

Perhaps you should have read the entire article.

FYI all religious denominations in the USA have been shrinking so it isn't just the Episcopal church.

America s Changing Religious Landscape Pew Research Center

PF_15.05.05_RLS2_1_310px.png

PR_15.05.12_RLS-00.png

In summary Christianity has lost almost 8% of the population, or 10% of it's own base, in the last 7 years.

Last edited:

The Episcopal Church is very devoted to following Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. Some Christian churches are far less devoted to following this command and are more like followers of Paul or other Jewish prophets than followers of Christ.

Alternatively the EC can see the writing on the wall and know that unless they adapt to the demographic changes in society they will continue to lose relevance.

Again, 'god' for some reason ignores the death screams of 12 million men, women, and children (heterosexual men and women) as they are being gassed to death, but he judges the entire population on sex.

WTF ever.

Alternatively the EC can see the writing on the wall and know that unless they adapt to the demographic changes in society they will continue to lose relevance.

The EC church has struggled to grow in the US for a lot of reasons but the people that remain are mostly concerned about their own spiritual journeys and growing the faith is secondary. This change is not about bringing in more people and if anything these changes have pushed some people away.

It is too bad because the church actually has a belief structure that would appeal to a lot of people. Especially former Catholics. Most people wouldn't even consider them though.

So don't be an Episcopalian?

I am sure the Episcopalian Church needs you to lecture them about the Bible.......

Day 7 of Silhouette's meltdown continues.

Forum List

Back