The Essence of the Left: Hypocrisy

Londoner -

1) The New York Times, - the heart of Leftist intelligentsia - was in possession of W's illegal wiretapping story prior to the 2004 election. They actively suppressed the story, releasing it only after the election had been decided. Meaning: the left at its core was actually helping Bush, despite fashionable protests by ineffectual college professors and wealthy hippie kids

A more intelligent reading of events is that the NYT decided to remain impartial, and not run such an inflammatory story weeks before an election.

Despite what your fantasies tell you, most decent media are not any near as partisan as you imagine.

OH yeah!!! The NYT was impartial.... That's happened a lot.... You can believe it!!!

In this case - yes.

As I say, most of what you believe about media bias is fantasy. I am not saying all media are perfectly impartial all the time, but as a journalist myself I can tell you that most newspapers ask their people to write honestly and objectively and without spin. In this case I think it is clear that the NYT chose to be objective rather than skew the election. In most newspapers, the opinion is left to editorials and columns, leaving the main news pages to cover news fairly and without bias.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for W and the GOP pieces of shit, we never would have had any of this. Thanks patriot act!

You can't possibly be this naive and ignorant. A Democrat-dominated congress and White House voted to renew the patriot act. Cling desperately to your narrative.

You can't be this stupid. Only about a 1/3 of the democrats supported renewing the patriot act, virtually all of the GOP and "pro constitution!" teabaggers did as well.

If it wasn't for them, it never would have been renewed, let alone created in the first place.

Okay, so you are indeed that naïve and ignorant. The Tea Party did not support the Patriot Act, in fact Bachmann lost a lot of Tea Party backing due to her voting for the Patriot Act. Tea Party Anger at Michele Bachmann Explodes over Patriot Act Votes - Tea Party Tribune

If it were not for Democrat support the Patriot Act would not have been passed by a DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED SENATE AND HOUSE, LET ALONE SIGNED INTO LAW--BY AUTOPEN BY THE SAME DIPSHIT THAT TOLD US BUSH WAS A DICTATOR FOR DOING.

Delusional bullshit.

There is simply no denying the hypocrisy of Barrack Hussein Obama, that's why the NYT is turning on him.

His statements regarding the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretaps was unequivocal in its condemnation. And now it is revealed in no uncertain terms that it was all lip service to a dimwitted public that had been barraged with constant demonizing of the Bush Administration.

From signing statements, executive privilege, warrantless wiretaps, killing of Americans citizens without trial--Obama has taken the policies he bitched and moaned and injected steroids into them.

How anyone can say this is not hypocrisy is beyond me.

Londoner -

1) The New York Times, - the heart of Leftist intelligentsia - was in possession of W's illegal wiretapping story prior to the 2004 election. They actively suppressed the story, releasing it only after the election had been decided. Meaning: the left at its core was actually helping Bush, despite fashionable protests by ineffectual college professors and wealthy hippie kids

A more intelligent reading of events is that the NYT decided to remain impartial, and not run such an inflammatory story weeks before an election.

Despite what your fantasies tell you, most decent media are not any near as partisan as you imagine.

OH yeah!!! The NYT was impartial.... That's happened a lot.... You can believe it!!!

You you are correct sir. Hours after publishing that damning editorial they edited it because indeed they are biased whores--could you imagine them doing this to the Bush administration. The left is completely comfortable having liars report the news to them.

http://o.dailycaller.com/thedailyca...editorial-to-make-it,51b137beda27f5d9d0d8ee41

Forum List

Back