The Greatest Movie of All Time

Back To The Future is not a mere family flick in the same vain that Dr. Who is not merely a family show.

And Back To The Future is much more innovative and well-done than Fight Club.

Dog Day Afternoon like so many Pesci movies is a hyped piece of crap.

I'll admit that John Wayne and Clint Eastwood and some other good ole boy movies from the 60's and 70's were great even if I don't watch a lot of them.
Back to the Future was a Disney-like bubble-gum gimmick movie that got way too much attention.

Back To The Future broke the mold, and no movie of its vain has approached its greatness since. Just because a movie is not raunchy, does not make it a mere bubble-gum-flick. And if it is, I'll still take it over most or all of the crust you like.

Riiight. Because Back to the Future is an insanely good movie that millions of people watch simply because of a Hendrix rift at the end. Maybe that's how you rate movies, but I rate them differently.
It was a warm and fuzzy, kids night, movie with a bubble-gum 50's theme.

It wasn't a deep movie at all.

I don't know how 'deep it is.' Nobody was saying anything about 'deep.' If you like that, we can find a nice chick flick list for ya. However, the movie is dripping with nuances.

Long live the Doctor! Think Capaldi will be as good as Smith or Tennant?
I am far from happy about their selection. I think it's a terrible idea to go back to gray haired doctors. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

:eek:Sorry Gatsby, but I'm going to have to disagree with ye. Ever seen Capaldi in "In the Loop" and "The Thick of It"? He's fucking hilarious. Granted he can't use any of the words he used on there... he'll still be awesome.

And allow everything to keep slipping to meet your new "standards"? If things are bad, don't compromise your standards, rather find ways for people to step up and reach the bar, not down.
My standards are kick-ass!

A movie has got to really suck, if I don't like it.

I was talking about standards for America! But, now that you mention it, your standards for movies do suck.

Long live the Doctor! Think Capaldi will be as good as Smith or Tennant?
I am far from happy about their selection. I think it's a terrible idea to go back to gray haired doctors. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

:eek:Sorry Gatsby, but I'm going to have to disagree with ye. Ever seen Capaldi in "In the Loop" and "The Thick of It"? He's fucking hilarious. Granted he can't use any of the words he used on there... he'll still be awesome.

There needs to be sexual tension between the Doctor and his companion. And when the doctor is an old dude, that's just creepy. That's not to say that DW won't find a working balance with the new guy, but.....

Steven Moffat's writing has become more and more suspect anyways. At this point, I'm inclined to think that DW has hit its peak and is on the downhill. I'll still watch...but I don't believe it's going to be great like it was.

I was talking about standards for America! But, now that you mention it, your standards for movies do suck.
I like a lot of different genre's and actually try to like the movies I watch. So in the end, if I don't like it, it's got to be a pretty bad movie.

Now here's a thought, what makes a movie bad?

For me, it's...

too predictable
too many cliché's
too family oriented
too tame
too Pollyanna
too much animation
too commercial​

this is like reading a bunch of kid's favorite movies....its the greatest movies of all time and i do not see that much on there that counts...

'm' fritz lang
'freaks' todd browning
'virgin spring' the original last house on the left
'street car named desire'
'cool hand luke'
'rebecca' hithcock

You for got The child molester Woody Allen in your list of crappy artsy movies.

spoken like an idiot who has not seen the first 3 i mentioned.....nor will ever understand them....

this is like reading a bunch of kid's favorite movies....its the greatest movies of all time and i do not see that much on there that counts...

'm' fritz lang
'freaks' todd browning
'virgin spring' the original last house on the left
'street car named desire'
'cool hand luke'
'rebecca' hithcock

You for got The child molester Woody Allen in your list of crappy artsy movies.

spoken like an idiot who has not seen the first 3 i mentioned.....nor will ever understand them....
I am not pretentious so I do understand them they just suck.

There needs to be sexual tension between the Doctor and his companion. And when the doctor is an old dude, that's just creepy. That's not to say that DW won't find a working balance with the new guy, but.....

Steven Moffat's writing has become more and more suspect anyways. At this point, I'm inclined to think that DW has hit its peak and is on the downhill. I'll still watch...but I don't believe it's going to be great like it was.

It went downhill after the fourth, peaked at Tennant, went down again, so hopefully Capaldi will be good.

I found that the Time Travelers Wife one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

I rarely recommend movies, but that one I would encourage everyone to watch.

It went downhill after the fourth, peaked at Tennant, went down again, so hopefully Capaldi will be good.

I thought there were a lot of good Matt Smith episodes. Last season, I began seeing more significant slippage though.

It's a mistake to have older doctor. It was in the day, it still is today. You'd think they'd have figured that out.

Forum List

Back