The Hangover - overrated?

CrazyTrader55

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2024
Eastern U.S.
So I am not much of a movie guy, and finally watched The Hangover last evening. My verdict: it was good, but not great. Worth a watch, and some funny scenes, but some stupid scenes as well and a plot that was stretched to the limit.

I saw it right after it came out, and I hadn't heard a word about it. Because of that, I thought it was hilarious, and a great comedy!

If you go in after hearing how great it was, it would likely never live up to your expectations.

So I am not much of a movie guy, and finally watched The Hangover last evening. My verdict: it was good, but not great. Worth a watch, and some funny scenes, but some stupid scenes as well and a plot that was stretched to the limit.

I haven't seen it in forever but I bet I'd like it less now.

It was funny but nothing memorable really.

Even though it was dumb we still need more of them where they just made a comedy and didn't give a shit if it wasn't inclusive enough or too offensive.

I might find it funnier though now. Kind of like how in the 90s and early 2000s I didn't like a lot of teen comedies or horror movies. Now I am going back to them and liking them a lot because most movies today are dogshit and actually make me appreciate the 90s a lot more than I did at the time.

Watched the faculty and can't hardly wait this past week and they felt like a breath of fresh air after the past 10, especially past 5, years of new movies.

I mean is there anyone who thinks of it as a masterpiece? It’s just a pretty funny, goofy film, not some great piece of art.

IMHO, the best move about overdrinking is The Lost Weekend (1945). Yes, it's old and it's in B&W but Ray Milland gave a riveting performance for which he won a best actor academy award. Billy Wilder also won an Oscar for best direction and The Lost Weekend won best picture of the year.

Forum List

Back