The Horrid and destructive Meat Industry

Marxist

Apr 19, 2015
The Free Territory
The current meat industry and mass mistreatment/environmental/slaughter of sentient animals is despicable. I am perfectly ok with farms where the animals are humanely raised and loved, as it's unrealistic and stupid to demand the world stop eating meat, but the current factory farms are horrible, and need to be heavily regulated, due to rampant animal abuse, horrid living conditions, environmental impacts.... Discuss.

You're right of course and its something we've all known for a long time now. Its just that people really don't care. Post a thread about doing to a dog what we do to billions of animals every year and posters will call for the head of the abuser. Then they'll sit down to a meat-centered meal and pretend they're not responsible.

They also don't care about the incredible waste of natural resources that comes with the meat industry. Take a 90 minute shower. That's the water it takes to produce one hamburger patty.

We're seeing water shortages across the country now and its going to get a lot worse.

If you care about your own body, cruelty to animals and leaving the planet to the next generation, don't eat meat.

If you're interested in educating yourself, read John Robbins (son and nephew of Baskin-Robbins), Kathy Freston.

Read The China Study. About the horrors of dairy products, read Whitewash.

If you don't want to cut out all meat, cut back. Treat it as a condiment. Its better for you, better for the planet and a lot better for the animals.

You're right of course and its something we've all known for a long time now. Its just that people really don't care. Post a thread about doing to a dog what we do to billions of animals every year and posters will call for the head of the abuser. Then they'll sit down to a meat-centered meal and pretend they're not responsible.

They also don't care about the incredible waste of natural resources that comes with the meat industry. Take a 90 minute shower. That's the water it takes to produce one hamburger patty.

We're seeing water shortages across the country now and its going to get a lot worse.

If you care about your own body, cruelty to animals and leaving the planet to the next generation, don't eat meat.

If you're interested in educating yourself, read John Robbins (son and nephew of Baskin-Robbins), Kathy Freston.

If you don't want to cut out all meat, cut back. Treat it as a condiment. Its better for you, better for the planet and a lot better for the animals.
YES YES YES. I cannot stress your post enough, this is actually one of the most well said things I've read on this forum. Of course, people will come in, deny reality, and yell out shit like: BACON, I LOVE BEEF, LUL FUCK COWS, HARR HARR HARR I NEED MY STEAK. It's disgusting what people do these days. +1 to you sir. You're one of the few rational people on this forum.

Last edited:

States like Kalifornia are seeing water shortages because they are directing their water into the ocean to protect some endangered fish.

Speaking as a professional nutritionist who has studied this subject for decades, I cannot in good conscious reccomend a vegetarian diet for humans.

My view is that it would cause brain damage.

An obvious example is the OP. The OP cannot think logically because his/her brain has been damaged from malnutrition.

States like Kalifornia are seeing water shortages because they are directing their water into the ocean to protect some endangered fish.

Do you have any clue as to how much of America's food is produced in California?

No, of course you don't.

And no, they don't direct water into the ocean.

:rolleyes:

Giant Feed Lot's a re where the E-Coli outbreaks come from too.

The US needs to move from Big Agra back to Family Farms.

Do you have any clue as to how much of America's food is produced in California?

No, of course you don't.

No unlike you I actually do. I also know the $873 million in lost crop production because of water diversion that is done for yes a fish.

The current meat industry and mass mistreatment/environmental/slaughter of sentient animals is despicable. I am perfectly ok with farms where the animals are humanely raised and loved, as it's unrealistic and stupid to demand the world stop eating meat, but the current factory farms are horrible, and need to be heavily regulated, due to rampant animal abuse, horrid living conditions, environmental impacts.... Discuss.

The Japanese have extensive records of Buddhist monks and what they ate going back centuries. Interestingly enough, those who practiced a vegetarian diet had life expectancies of 35 or so years. If they added one egg to their diet their life expectancy jumped to 51 years. I agree that industrialized farming of any sort is unappealing, but pushing a vegetarian diet on humans is a loser.

The Mongols used the Chinese' diets against them in their wars. The Mongols ate lots of protein and could fight all day if need be. The Chinese were exhausted after a few hours. That's one of the major reasons why they lost every battle.

Endurance such as you describe does not come from protein but from complex carbohydrates, of which the Chinese ate heartily.

No, of course you don't.

You know damn well and good that humans have redirected all water flow to the ocean...

The Japanese have extensive records of Buddhist monks and what they ate going back centuries. Interestingly enough, those who practiced a vegetarian diet had life expectancies of 35 or so years. If they added one egg to their diet their life expectancy jumped to 51 years. I agree that industrialized farming of any sort is unappealing, but pushing a vegetarian diet on humans is a loser.

The Mongols used the Chinese' diets against them in their wars. The Mongols ate lots of protein and could fight all day if need be. The Chinese were exhausted after a few hours. That's one of the major reasons why they lost every battle.
When did I start pushing a vegetarian diet? Are you looking at current vegetarians and vegans? Do you realize that was more then likely before we had the protein supplements we have today? Jesus.

No, of course you don't.

Right around half as far as farming goes. It's getting ready to be a lot less because of that pesky minnow though. I wonder how many of those people that are going broke because of environmental regulations have actually seen the fucken minnow?
Personally I'd want to know what they looked like ...so I could go and finish em off with all the free time I now have being jobless and all.
But most of our fruits and veggies come from mexico here in Texas so no worries.

Endurance such as you describe does not come from protein but from complex carbohydrates, of which the Chinese ate heartily.

Then why did they get exhausted so quickly compared to the Mongols? History says you're wrong.

No, of course you don't.

In California they do.

When did I start pushing a vegetarian diet? Are you looking at current vegetarians and vegans? Do you realize that was more then likely before we had the protein supplements we have today? Jesus.

Anytime you have to use artificial means to replace that which a normal person regularly gets through food, you have a problem don't you think?

Anytime you have to use artificial means to replace that which a normal person regularly gets through food, you have a problem don't you think?
I think we need to cut back meat consumption, and their isn't a problem, fuck, We should be looking at insects.

Forum List

Back